Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Plentiful Harvest CP Passive

tmbrinks
tmbrinks
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
CmIo5ff.png

So... it guarantees a double node drop.

It works on surveys.

That's all.
Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
60,005 achievement points
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a-surprise-to-be-sure-but-a-welcome-one-when-55157418.png
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting that it works on surveys. The word "normal" implied to me that it would not include surveys. Possibly it's bugged? If it's intentional, that is quite a buff on survey farming.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be bugged. Don't know for sure.

The old Plentiful Harvest passive worked on Live, so I'm not surprised that aspect of the behavior is unchanged.

I collected 2 enchanting surveys and 4 jewelry surveys on PTS with it, and all 36 nodes were "doubled" like they could have been on Live currently.

We'll see if they adjust it all in the future (it is locked behind a 100 CP passive you have to buy) and then another large chunk to upgrade that skill.

Either way, I'm not collecting surveys until U29 hits... and this should hopefully encourage players to collect the surveys which may help bring back down gold improvement materials prices.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Could be bugged. Don't know for sure.

The old Plentiful Harvest passive worked on Live, so I'm not surprised that aspect of the behavior is unchanged.

I collected 2 enchanting surveys and 4 jewelry surveys on PTS with it, and all 36 nodes were "doubled" like they could have been on Live currently.

We'll see if they adjust it all in the future (it is locked behind a 100 CP passive you have to buy) and then another large chunk to upgrade that skill.

Either way, I'm not collecting surveys until U29 hits... and this should hopefully encourage players to collect the surveys which may help bring back down gold improvement materials prices.

So now is the time to sell as people hoard their surveys!
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tmbrinks I saw a list that included a CP "skill" for woodworking material gains from deconstruction, but nothing for blacksmithing/clothing. Was that an oversight from the OP of the list or is woodworking really the only one to get that CP bonus?
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    @tmbrinks I saw a list that included a CP "skill" for woodworking material gains from deconstruction, but nothing for blacksmithing/clothing. Was that an oversight from the OP of the list or is woodworking really the only one to get that CP bonus?

There's only one for Woodworking.. and it didn't seem to have any "additional" effect above having the woodworking passive to get more materials. I haven't fully tested it to see if it affects all crafts, or just woodworking when used without having the other refinement passives.

Of course to actually test would require a lot more data than I could get on the PTS, so I can only get an estimation or "hunch" about it.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Feric51 wrote: »

There's only one for Woodworking.. and it didn't seem to have any "additional" effect above having the woodworking passive to get more materials. I haven't fully tested it to see if it affects all crafts, or just woodworking when used without having the other refinement passives.

Of course to actually test would require a lot more data than I could get on the PTS, so I can only get an estimation or "hunch" about it.

Roger that. Just seemed odd to have a CP bonus affect only a single material in the crafting skill line.

I really think they missed the boat on including a "plentiful harvest"-like CP bonus that would increase the percentage (up to 100%) of finding furnishing material in resource nodes. I saw they have one for a bonus chance at furnishing plans, but nothing to address the oft-complained about shortage of furnishing material (looking at you, heartwood!).

Edit to add: I'm not sure how much they actually look at feedback on the PTS, but maybe this would be something to consider swapping out for. Do we really need a specific woodworking extraction CP bonus when you can unlock a similar skill with skill points in the crafting skill line? I think people would much rather have a bonus to furnishing material harvest that the current woodworking extraction bonus.
    Edited by Feric51 on January 28, 2021 8:56PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

• simox
    simox
    ✭✭✭
    1wL4iM6.png

thanks zos, ill send you your cut later

..on a more serious note i hope its bugged, 100% chance for double nodes is already gonna impact the market alot, surveys are already good enough
  • Stanko
    Stanko
    ✭✭✭
    I did some additional testing on Plentiful Harvest:

Craglorn surveys: I had both single and double nirncrux drops. It's possible that you get twice as many chances to get a single nirncrux.

Torchbugs, butterflies, and mudcrabs are unaffected.

With regards to the Woodworking passive (which seems like an odd passive), I farmed a bunch of woodworking surveys to quickly get to 10,000 raw wood. Here are the refining results:
    63 rosin (50 expected under current system)
    68 mastic (75 expected under current system)
    121 turpen (125 expected under current system)
    144 pitch (150 expected under current system)

So, it seems like the woodworking passive gives a chance (20%?) that a woodworking resin is improved, but you don't get a chance to get a greater quantity of resin.
    Stanko: Ebonheart Pact, CP 3600, Templar, Former Emperor on Azura's, Arena Gladiator, Flawless Conqueror, Spirit Slayer, Grand Overlord, Paragon, and of course Merciless.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    simox wrote: »
    1wL4iM6.png

..on a more serious note i hope its bugged, 100% chance for double nodes is already gonna impact the market alot, surveys are already good enough

Over 8000 survey's? :#

New harvest passive looks awesome,especially in double node drop events.
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    simox wrote: »
    1wL4iM6.png

i thought i was bad with 426 surveys