The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cannot preorder Collector’s Edition Upgrade for Gates of Oblivion

DragonRacer
DragonRacer
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I’m literally sitting on the game that I own right now. It is the physical disc of the original Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited with all Collector’s Edition Upgrades of every past chapter plus ESO+ subscription.

I cannot preorder the Collector’s Edition Upgrade of Gates Of Oblivion. I have tried directly from the PS Store, from the Chapters area in-game, and from the announcement link in the Crown Store. Every time I click on the Collector’s Edition Upgrade and go to the PS Store, it says I cannot preorder because I do not own The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

As the game disc spins in my PS4. And while guildmates tell me mixed messages of some being able to preorder and others can’t.

I tried rebooting the entire PS4 even. Still same problem.

I am trying to give you more money, ZOS. What gives?
PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I think that their 2014 servers may not be able to handle the possible 90,000 people are watching the stream also preorder the game.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am the only person in two guilds I belong to who is having this issue, sadly.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • SDKTJ
    SDKTJ
    ✭✭✭
    Bumping, I have this issue as well. I am using a 5 year old disc lol, but I have been able to buy all the previous upgrades with no issue until now.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SDKTJ wrote: »
    Bumping, I have this issue as well. I am using a 5 year old disc lol, but I have been able to buy all the previous upgrades with no issue until now.

Same. This is the FIRST time I have ever had a problem preordering new chapters. And my disc is pristine - it almost never leaves my PS4. This is easily my primarily-played game of the past 6+ years, I run an active trading guild, I’ve played every single day since years ago.

Why can’t I purchase this new chapter?

• SDKTJ
    SDKTJ
    ✭✭✭
    Hello @DragonRacer I just want to let you know that I am now able to purchase it after today's update, hopefully you can do the same.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @SDKTJ Huzzah! After this morning's patch, the PS Store finally recognized I own this game and I was able to successfully preorder the new chapter. :)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For those having issues with making pre-orders for Gates of Oblivion, you may need to try multiple times as high volume has led to some issues with requests going through.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post