The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Seize Loot & Glory during the Midyear Mayhem PvP Event!"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
1q88dojmhujb.png
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article "Seize Loot & Glory during the Midyear Mayhem PvP Event!"

Battle in the Alliance War, Battlegrounds, and Imperial City during the Midyear Mayhem PvP event and you’ll earn bonus XP, collectibles, and more!
Staff Post
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How will the fragments for the pet runebox work? Will we need runeboxes for each alliance? Will we have to collect them as other alliances to get other pets?
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the possible loot from Bone Boxes; what is meant with "Resource Notes and “The Golden”"?
    Edited by Zer0_CooL on January 27, 2021 3:34PM
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    Regarding the possible loot from Bone Boxes; what is meant with "Resource Notes and “The Golden”"?

Yeah I would really like to know that too. @ZOS_SarahHecker could we please have an elaboration?
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RedMuse wrote: »

Yeah I would really like to know that too. @ZOS_SarahHecker could we please have an elaboration?

Heh...I came here specifically to ask that very question!

As for the terrier pet, I believe it will work the same way as the alliance hood, costume, pet and mount from the alliance upgrade pack works. It's one pet, but it's appearance changes based on the alliance of your character. This is different from those banner emotes, which were alliance specific.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    RedMuse wrote: »

Heh...I came here specifically to ask that very question!

As for the terrier pet, I believe it will work the same way as the alliance hood, costume, pet and mount from the alliance upgrade pack works. It's one pet, but it's appearance changes based on the alliance of your character. This is different from those banner emotes, which were alliance specific.

Possibly, but there are 3 slots for the pet under non-combat pets, so I dont really know.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Advice for MYM Players who don't like PVP:

If you want those event tickets from Imperial City but you don't like playing in IC during events when enemy players are hunting en masse for bosses to farm, Go Now! Do the dailies now on a couple characters, don't turn them in yet, and then when the event starts, just queue into the safety of your alliance sewer base and get your event ticket.

If you are going to Cyrodiil, AFAIK, group sizes are still reduced to 12 and you can only heal people who are in your group. This means that you can't heal anyone you aren't grouped up with and they can't heal you. Please, strongly consider building tanky and self-sufficient this year if you are going to solo quest.

If you need help grouping or just getting started in Cyrodiil PVP, here's a resource put together by ZOS and two ESO Stream Team streamers: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/59201
    Edited by VaranisArano on January 27, 2021 4:10PM
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you want those event tickets from Imperial City but you don't like playing in IC during events when enemy players are hunting en masse for bosses to farm, Go Now! Do the dailies now on a couple characters, don't turn them in yet, and then when the event starts, just queue into the safety of your alliance sewer base and get your event ticket.

If you are going to Cyrodiil, AFAIK, group sizes are still reduced to 12 and you can only heal people who are in your group. This means that you can't heal anyone you aren't grouped up with and they can't heal you. Please, strongly consider building tanky and self-sufficient this year if you are going to solo quest.

If you need help grouping or just getting started in Cyrodiil PVP, here's a resource put together by ZOS and two ESO Stream Team streamers: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/59201

Too bad to get the Ebonsteel knight style you must farm IC bosses.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »

Too bad to get the Ebonsteel knight style you must farm IC bosses.

Or buy it from the people who do.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So legion zero style pages are not dropping in this event? @ZOS_SarahHecker
  • FaceDancer
    FaceDancer
    ✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    So legion zero style pages are not dropping in this event? @ZOS_SarahHecker

Legion zero are from the IC event I think
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This was a copy paste error on our part. We'll get the article updated!
    Staff Post
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Midyear Grab Bags

Containing a collectible you don’t currently have from previous Midyear Mayhem events
    Any chance we could get a list of what these are?
  • ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭
    Will you get double AP with this as well?
    For the Empire
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ACamaroGuy wrote: »
    Will you get double AP with this as well?

From the article above:

Use the scroll to enjoy a two-hour, 100% buff in the Alliance War, Imperial City, and Battlegrounds to:
    Alliance Points gained
    XP gains for PvP player kills
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • Env_t
    Env_t
    ✭✭✭
    Midyear Grab Bags:

Standard-Bearer Emotes(3)
    Legion Zero armor outfit style

correct?
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why are there now two different activities required to get all three tickets?
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't it time to change the 'midyear' part? :lol:
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO freaking kidding! I'm tired of explaining this to people as, "They started doing this a couple years ago and the first January one was a 'Midyear Mayhem Encore,' then there was a cancellation of the normal midyear event, then we went to every January and July, I don't even know anymore. Every January and July seems standard now."
    Edited by Kiyakotari on January 28, 2021 12:32PM
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How will the fragments for the pet runebox work? Will we need runeboxes for each alliance? Will we have to collect them as other alliances to get other pets?

I'd really like some clarification on how this works too. I'm thinking we need to farm on all three alliances since there are three different pets.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My spouse just got a pet fragment called "Breton Terrier Mammoth Bone" or something like that. And you need to collect 10 of them. But I'm not sure if there are three specific fragments or if it's like the emotes, where you collected 10 alliance emblems and then assembled them on a character of the alliance you wanted.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will I be able to complete the Alliance standard that I have 9 pieces for from a previous MYM? Are those something which could be in the grab bag?

I am excited to collect the Akaviri and Alliance motifs! :)
  • SerraKBella
    SerraKBella
    ✭✭✭

I'd really like some clarification on how this works too. I'm thinking we need to farm on all three alliances since there are three different pets.

I am aslo looking for clarification on this, as well as how many rune-fragments there are to collect for one pet. Under my fragment list there is no information line yet.
  • SerraKBella
    SerraKBella
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    My spouse just got a pet fragment called "Breton Terrier Mammoth Bone" or something like that. And you need to collect 10 of them. But I'm not sure if there are three specific fragments or if it's like the emotes, where you collected 10 alliance emblems and then assembled them on a character of the alliance you wanted.

Thank you for sharing this. I think it will be like the other banner pieces from last year that we have to collect 10 of and then, depending on the alliance of the character who combines them, will decide which pet it unlocks. That would also be why they didn't show up under fragments like other rune-box pieces would.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard pass. As someone who only has about 6 of the DLC's, we all know some of the "better" sets for builds are only in the DLC's. Not saying pay to win, as I don't believe ESO is (for the base game at least), but better sets for DLC owners + PvP seems...a tad off kilter.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did more than three Imperial city quests but only have 1 more event ticket than I started with. Does the original quest giver give you event tickets? If she gave me 2 that would account for it but I looked after speaking to her and I had 6 already. After doing 3 or more quests I still only have 7.
    I'll try doing a couple more.
  • ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭
    I did more than three Imperial city quests but only have 1 more event ticket than I started with. Does the original quest giver give you event tickets? If she gave me 2 that would account for it but I looked after speaking to her and I had 6 already. After doing 3 or more quests I still only have 7.
    I'll try doing a couple more.

You will get two event tickets for completing any daily quest in battlegrounds or in Cyrodiil.
    Edited by ACamaroGuy on January 28, 2021 7:17PM
    For the Empire
  • slitza
    slitza
    Soul Shriven
    All I want to say is this event is absolutely ***. All it does is feed the players who enjoy eso's awful joke of a pvp system by forcing people not geared or not interested in pvp, to enter pvp zones for event tickets. After this event is over, none of these players forced to go here for tickets will return until next year when zos in their infinite wisdom decides to force people into this hateful event again.

midyear mayhem is rubbish
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    slitza wrote: »
    All I want to say is this event is absolutely ***. All it does is feed the players who enjoy eso's awful joke of a pvp system by forcing people not geared or not interested in pvp, to enter pvp zones for event tickets. After this event is over, none of these players forced to go here for tickets will return until next year when zos in their infinite wisdom decides to force people into this hateful event again.

There are lots of dailies that you can do in Cyrodill without actually having to do any PvP. When I wanted to avoid it, I went in the under 50 campaign and those few players I ran into on other alliances were of like mind to me so we just went about our dailies in peace. :) This year I’m going to try the Mayhem in the regular campaigns and see how that goes! :lol:
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was a PVE-only player who used to be scared to death of PVP. In my case, it wasn't event tickets that "forced" me into Cyrodiil. It was my burning desire for the Master Angler title, which requires Cyrodiil fish.

I didn't enjoy it at first. I wasn't built for PVP. I didn't know what to and mostly died pretty quickly (except for a surprise victory when a vampire decided to gank my fishing MagDK). I didn't even enjoy it when I went back a few months later to get skyshards and town quests.

But that was enough to get my feet wet and take some of the edge off my fear. Eventually I went back to Cyrodiil to try PVP. I learned what gear I needed to survive more than a few seconds with my inexperienced play (impen Plague Doctor was great for me). I started learning from my mistakes, watching what other players did to succeed, learning how to read a battle, and joining groups of other PVPers to fight.

What brought me to a place of actively enjoying PVP was finding a guild to run with. I started PUGing with them, them joined, and those players became my friends, trainers, and teammates. PVP is a LOT more fun for me when I'm playing with friends. I've played with that guild since before the first Midyear Mayhem and they've been an amazing part of my ESO experience.

Not everyone wants to try PVP.
    Not everyone who tries PVP likes it.
    And that's all fine! You like what you like!

Some players are like "Ugh, fine, I'll go, get my rewards, and get out!" That's a valid way to play PVP and Midyear Mayhem.

But a lot of players are happy to briefly become casual PVPers in pursuit of rewards like event tickets, double AP/Tel Var, skyshards, achievements, etc. That's a valid way to play PVP - that's how I started out, after all!

And other players - players like me - become dedicated PVPers because ZOS encouraged us to dip our toes in the PVP waters enough times that we decided that maybe we liked it enough to play PVP regularly.

Midyear Mayhem isn't just rubbish. It's a celebration of all PVP in ESO - the good and the bad - and its an opportunity for any player who wants the rewards to jump into an activity they might not normally try.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That's a little unfair. It's only rubbish if you dislike being bullied and/or insulted. It builds resentment reserves you can use on real life annoyances, and it's very helpful for those people who don't hate humanity enough yet but would like to learn. And like any chafing irritation, it feels really good when it stops. Lots of positives!