The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Does 12Man Group Hurt Your Guild in Pvp?

Serjustin19
Serjustin19
✭✭✭✭✭
Update: Last option is supposed to be Bad instead of buy in the sentence. Autocorrect on tablet...

I know this change is not good for some of us. I'm opened minded though. I feel someday 24 man group would return. In mean time, this current day(s); As a guild leader what you feel after loosing the 24?
Edited by Serjustin19 on December 6, 2020 6:51PM
Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.

Does 12Man Group Hurt Your Guild in Pvp? 49 votes

No Fun
18% 9 votes
Complicated
2% 1 vote
Nice
44% 22 votes
Bad
16% 8 votes
Manageable(how)
10% 5 votes
Stressful, Buy Manageable (how)
8% 4 votes
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This combined with making heals and buffs group-only seem a really bad idea to me. :confused: I’m not sure why the group size limitation — does that help the servers? I would think group size could be manageable if you’re using another means to communicate but the limitation on heals and buffs is crap. :confused: If they had instead added an option to keep it within group or just prioritized group, okay. But it really takes away from being AvA when you can’t buff and heal your ally next to you! I thought this was supposed to be “play how you want”...
    Edited by Araneae6537 on December 7, 2020 3:09PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need another option: Guild left the game.
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We manage this, we often run 2 groups, second group smallscale if just a few. Two months of pointless testing did hurt the guild much more.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    I qualify "No fun" and "Bad" as the same. ;)
    GM - Decimation Elite - Ebonheart Pact - Ravenwatch EU/PC - aka Tigor (AR50), Leopard Tank (AR50) , Captain-Caveman (AR50), Tigors Claw (AR50), -Bud Spencer (AR38+)
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    12 man groups is a definite negative change imo
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had a regular "group" of mostly solo-players who just liked to chat and have fun in group, while occasionally pointing out to each other where the fights are (while being scattered all over the map). Now, we can't (well, we still have guild chat of course).Meanwhile, it made 12 man ballgroups stronger.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • ThreeXB
    ThreeXB
    ✭✭✭✭
    12 man / no healing outside group killing the 2 pvp guilds I'm in ☹. I'm on ps4 na and in 2 major EP pvp guilds with 900 combined guildies and it's hard to find a group running between both guilds since changes 😥😥
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ThreeXB wrote: »
    12 man / no healing outside group killing the 2 pvp guilds I'm in ☹. I'm on ps4 na and in 2 major EP pvp guilds with 900 combined guildies and it's hard to find a group running between both guilds since changes 😥😥

Maybe you should make one?
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing as we run a maximum of four, with the healing changes this has been a huge improvement in PvP gameplay.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All good responses and fair to.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Zoaiy
    Zoaiy
    This combined with making heals and buffs group-only seem a really bad idea to me. :confused: I’m not sure why the group size limitation — does that help the servers? I would think group size could be manageable if you’re using another means to communicate but the limitation on heals and buffs is crap. :confused: If they had instead added an option to keep it within group or just prioritized group, okay. But it really takes away from being AvA when you can’t buff and heal your ally next to you! I thought this was supposed to be “play how you want”...

It did help the servers, everytime you cast a heal spell the game has to go through a list of all possible targets. Now it just has to go through a list of your group members
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need another option: Guild left the game.
    Almost that one. I think we still have maybe 7 of us(Out of a few hundred) who still play.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • SgtNuttzmeg
    SgtNuttzmeg
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think saying this change didn't hurt the PvP community is very disingenous. That being said it was a change that needed to happen and should have been implemented back in beta. I think the main groups negatively effected is the casual PvP player base. The pugs. We have seen a significant drop in the number of casual guilds and people who run casual groups.
    Legions of Mordor Core

Cold0neFTBs
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    neutral
    Edited by erio on January 9, 2021 12:08AM
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zoaiy wrote: »

It did help the servers, everytime you cast a heal spell the game has to go through a list of all possible targets. Now it just has to go through a list of your group members

If that's true, next we need to drastically reduce/cap aoe & multi target damage abilities.

Maybe 1-3 capped within a pvp enviroment.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on January 15, 2021 5:29PM
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    Zoaiy wrote: »

If that's true, next we need to drastically reduce/cap aoe & multi target damage abilities.

Maybe 1-3 capped within a pvp enviroment.

Healing is capped to 6 aside from some skills like barrier. Damage used to be capped and the community as a whole wanted uncapped. Capped dmg leads to people actually just stacked on top of each other to mitigate the dmg taken (because there is no smart dmg).

Lets not go backwards.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)