Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO is coming to the Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5"

• BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if I upgrade on ps5 will I still be able to log in on my ps4 and play. Will I be able to play on either console or will this be similar to how PC players transferred to console.

According to Rich , the existing PS megaservers will host PS4 and PS5 players.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Hey-its-Me
    Hey-its-Me
    ✭✭
    Like some others out there, I also have a hard copy, I’m getting really nervous that it can’t be upgraded at ALL let alone for free to a digital game with my new Xbox series X I plan on getting! Can ZOS inform about us dinosaurs with disc copies! Can we transfer our years of Xbox teso game now to digital in preparation for the Xbox series x transfer!?

• Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey-its-Me wrote: »
    Like some others out there, I also have a hard copy, I’m getting really nervous that it can’t be upgraded at ALL let alone for free to a digital game with my new Xbox series X I plan on getting! Can ZOS inform about us dinosaurs with disc copies! Can we transfer our years of Xbox teso game now to digital in preparation for the Xbox series x transfer!?

I feel your pain. What I did was just grab a digital version of summerset when it released so I now had the digital and disc version. They I gave the disc to a charity shop.
    Had to completely redownload everything on PS4 though.
    I was going to buy summerset and getting the complete edition over an upgrade was just an extra 10 so worth it. So if you don't have ma chapter do the same, or wait until next chapter.
    You can literally pick up a second hand ESO disc on PS4 for 3 or 4 or your own currency and if you buy ESO+ every month that is the amount of cash it costs to get a digital version.

My question is that can we get an overhaul of the UI making it be more inline with PC UI.
    We don't even have crit numbers in our char screen I want to see speed numbers and many more.
    We can't get add ons on console.
    That is another thing. It would be nice for zos to allow us to get add ons similar to how bethesda allowed consoles to use mods.
    There are loads of in game things zos have done that we had to get add ons for but there are loads of things they haven't done too.
    The most one I would want is a UI overhauls so I could use potions and emote macros and an auto change gear loader.
  • joaotextor
    joaotextor
    ✭✭
    Just to clarify: you will be able to carry over your progress no matter what. It's just that the upgraded version will not be available immediately upon the launch of the Xbox Series X and PlayStation5.

So my progress will be available in PS5 at the same date of PS5 release? I can buy my PS5 with no worries of not being able to login to ESO then?

If that is correct...I will run to buy my PS5 on pre-sale, since this was the only thing keeping me from doing that.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will PS5 upgrade still happen now that, you know...?
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will PS5 upgrade still happen now that, you know...?

Yes, it's already one of zenimax's stated commitments.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if I upgrade on ps5 will I still be able to log in on my ps4 and play. Will I be able to play on either console or will this be similar to how PC players transferred to console.

You should be able to play on either PS4 or PS5, as they will probably share a server. I don't think that's 100% confirmed yet though!
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »

You should be able to play on either PS4 or PS5, as they will probably share a server. I don't think that's 100% confirmed yet though!

It's confirmed. Console players will be able to seamlessly switch back and forth between current gen and next gen. (But not between PlayStation and Xbox)
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »

It's confirmed. Console players will be able to seamlessly switch back and forth between current gen and next gen. (But not between PlayStation and Xbox)

Cheers :)
  • oOoYourMOMoOo
    @ZOS_SarahHecker to manage expectations: Will we hear about next gen plans before the launch of next gen consoles, before the end of the year, early next year, or in 2021 sometime? Thanks for all the info so far!
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a question. Is there a difference between playing ESO saved to the PS5 SSD vs ESO saved on my external hard drive?
    Should I move the game over to the internal SSD?
  • Solaaris
    Solaaris
    If you are switching from PS4 to XboxX Do you have to start again or is there some kind of paid transfer.

I don't feel like starting again but also don't want a PS5..
    The night is dark and full of terror
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solaaris wrote: »
    If you are switching from PS4 to XboxX Do you have to start again or is there some kind of paid transfer.

I don't feel like starting again but also don't want a PS5..

Full restart, there is no means to transfer between platforms.
  • Hey-its-Me
    Hey-its-Me
    ✭✭
    I am still confused. Will i be able to move my FOUR years of Xbox OneS NA teso game progress on DISC to digital when i finally get an Xbox SX? OR, will being on disc cause me to have to start all over from the beginning even though I’m on the same platform & server?
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey-its-Me wrote: »
    I am still confused. Will i be able to move my FOUR years of Xbox OneS NA teso game progress on DISC to digital when i finally get an Xbox SX? OR, will being on disc cause me to have to start all over from the beginning even though I’m on the same platform & server?

All progress will transfer from any Xbox one setup to any Xbox series x/s set up as long as you are playing on the same account.

All your progress is saved server side, so it doesn't matter if you are playing the game with a digital copy or a disc copy.
  • InRetrospect
    So with the release of the news about the next chapter is there any updates on when the upgrades will happen? I would think that with the reveal they would have said something and that it would be before the newest chapter comes out. I’d hate to be playing a ps4 game on my ps5 for too long.
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭
    They touched on it but no news, they just said they are still working on it and that "the next update is in June". They also mentioned that ESO is running amazing in backwards compatibility mode, which is the current version and while true doesn't say much about the next gen version of course. :smiley:

What I got from it is we'll have to wait until release of Blackwood, some teasers might come sooner of course.
  • InRetrospect
    They touched on it but no news, they just said they are still working on it and that "the next update is in June". They also mentioned that ESO is running amazing in backwards compatibility mode, which is the current version and while true doesn't say much about the next gen version of course. :smiley:

What I got from it is we'll have to wait until release of Blackwood, some teasers might come sooner of course.

Okay. My guess is that it will probably release with the new chapter... makes the most sense business wise. Gets non players potentially excited to buy the game to play on their new consoles
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tag!
  • deathbytiki
    deathbytiki
    ✭✭
    Honestly, I would not care AT ALL about graphics, so long as the processing/latency issues were at the top of the fix! People can deal with similar graphics... can't deal with a next generation consol having the same processing issues. I know that huge ask given the data exchange between the servers and everything else rendered on the Xbox but still. Hope there's a way they can leverage the consoles power to aid in the latency.
  • quantumartist
    quantumartist
    ✭✭
    Cross-save all platforms or don't bother.
  • FishForce
    FishForce
    So update or any new news on when this new version is comming to Xbox series X/S and Playstation 5?
    Or will the update arrive at the same time as with the Blackwood exspasion pack?

And will it be equal to the PC version or even better?

Thank you