The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Let us mow our lawns

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I try to make my yards look nice with flower patches and ferns and other such things, but the tall grass already there pokes up through anything you place on top of it. So there is no way to make a nice outdoor seating area, or other such things, without putting them up on a platform that is taller than the grasses.

Please make the outside grasses movable too, like the trees, bushes, ferns, rocks etc.. already are.
PCNA
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Zos made it so the grass could be moved that would solve the issue entirely, and probably be the easiest solution vs having grass grow and mowed. However, many features are not built on standards so the sizes and shapes of grass areas are not standardized which would lead to a significant number of furnishings to be designed to make this happen.

Edit: Just thoughts on the matter on both directions for handling this.
    Edited by idk on November 30, 2020 11:24PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then maybe they could make it so if you lay something on top of the grass it's covered instead of poking up through.
    Edited by SilverBride on December 1, 2020 3:08AM
    PCNA
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    essential housing tools can do it for individual houses so i dont see why zeni cant add the feature in the future.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly. I would use Essential Housing Tools but then those who don't have it wouldn't be able to see the effects I used, and it wouldn't look as good to them.
    PCNA
  • swankery
    swankery
    ✭✭✭✭
    I turn off grass but that doesnt help visitors unless they have EHT. Maybe Eso will let you remove grass and rocks and houses at some point or an addon will. Keep the dream alive! :wink:
    https://www.twitch.tv/swankery/ Housing Enthusiast! DDA founder/rep/Twitter@Swankery1@Swankery PC/NA https://www.youtube.com/c/swankery
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for mowing!!!!! but at least let us move it. Build beautiful gardens and have weeds growing all over.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The grass isn't even nice grass... it's tall unruly weeds. I place flower patches to brighten the area up with some color, but it's still less than ideal.

I don't mean we should actually mow the lawn, but be able to remove these unsightly weeds, or sink them down so they are shorter and don't poke up through everything you place on top of them.

As an example, I wanted to place a fountain but the weeds stuck up through the water. I had to elevate the fountain to avoid this.

Addons aren't an acceptable solution for me because I want everyone to be able to see my home as I decorated it without needing an addon to do so.
    PCNA
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    swankery wrote: »
    I turn off grass but that doesnt help visitors unless they have EHT. Maybe Eso will let you remove grass and rocks and houses at some point or an addon will. Keep the dream alive! :wink:

I don’t think you can turn off grass on consoles.

I am not sure that would be an acceptable option in my case anyway. Most of the large areas are alright but having weeds sticking up through stone tiles looks bad.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA