Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to Improve Item

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Hello,

I found a blue Helm of the Trainee and wanted to improve it - sell it or get the boost of health with only 1 item.
But it is not showing up in my list of item to improve.
It is not bound.
So, I put it on...not it is bound...still can't improve it.

I have the improvements mats (grain solvent....more than 8)

What is going on? Help?

Tanks!

Z
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ummm...

Nevermind...when it is medium armor don't go to a blacksmithing station..

DUH!!!!

sorrrry!
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    Hello,

I found a blue Helm of the Trainee and wanted to improve it - sell it or get the boost of health with only 1 item.
    It is not bound.

What is going on? Help?

Tanks!

Z

Also, a Bow of the Trainee and a Helm of the trainee - will I get the 2 item bonus? The bow is not armor...

Thanks again

Z
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

It is not bound.

What is going on? Help?

Tanks!

Z

Also, a Bow of the Trainee and a Helm of the trainee - will I get the 2 item bonus? The bow is not armor...

Thanks again

Z

The bow will count for 2 pieces of the set. So if you have both equipped, when you are on the bow bar, you will actually have 3 pieces
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Hello,

It is not bound.

What is going on? Help?

Tanks!

Z

Thanks again

Z

The bow will count for 2 pieces of the set. So if you have both equipped, when you are on the bow bar, you will actually have 3 pieces

So, Sword and Board - those would count as two pieces (two items?)
    • Wondering if I could do a 5 piece set of one set getting all the bonuses
    • 2 more armor pieces from another set +3 more from jewelry (necklace, ring ring) - another 5 pieces
    • Sword and Board - 2 more items getting a bonus, or if using Trainee - getting Health and Magicka bonus

That would be bonuses from two full sets, plus a little more..

Or does it max out at one set?

Tanks,

Z
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can run two full 5 piece sets, along with a 2 piece set (usually monster helm/shoulder). Sometimes you'll complete 1 5-piece set using weapons (S+B, Staves, etc...) and have a "special" weapon on the back bar (Maelstrom weapons usually)

You lose the 5 pc bonus when you're on the back bar, but you have it back on the front bar. Magicka users do this very often with the Mother's Sorrow set, so that you're only getting the bonus on your primary damage bar.

1-Handed weapons and shields count for 1 piece each

2-handed weapons, bows, staves, count for 2 pieces each
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, Sword and Board - those would count as two pieces (two items?)
    • Wondering if I could do a 5 piece set of one set getting all the bonuses
    • 2 more armor pieces from another set +3 more from jewelry (necklace, ring ring) - another 5 pieces
    • Sword and Board - 2 more items getting a bonus, or if using Trainee - getting Health and Magicka bonus

That would be bonuses from two full sets, plus a little more..

Or does it max out at one set?

Tanks,

Z

Just because your question was a little ambiguous on the wording I wanted to clarify that your bonuses from any given set stop at 5 pieces. Meaning - if you gear your character with 6-12 pieces of Trainee set items you'll only be getting the bonus from the first 5 pieces.

However, as Brinks said, you can combine 5 pieces of Trainee (for full bonuses) and 5 pieces of say Law of Julianos (for additional 5-piece set bonuses) then two additional pieces of a third set and/or monster head/shoulders to get some additional bonuses.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• dlrgames
    dlrgames
    ✭✭
    Armor of the Trainee was changed to a 3 piece set, so no value to wear more than that
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dlrgames wrote: »
    Armor of the Trainee was changed to a 3 piece set, so no value to wear more than that

Wow, goes to show how much I pay attention, lol.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL! Yeah, Trainee comes in all three weights. No fret! I think we've all done that before....at least I have. :)
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    dlrgames wrote: »

Wow, goes to show how much I pay attention, lol.

Oh that too. Forgot about that myself!