The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Alliance War scoring makes me laugh

LannStone
LannStone
✭✭✭✭
So I took a character who has no PVP skills into Cyro today to get those 25K AP for the crystals. After running through the training for some AP and hitting a delve for the AP bonus, I sneaked into an outside door of a keep my red alliance owned and starting repairing a wall by the door. Then I noticed across the yard a big group of blues attacking the inside keep. So, being sensible, I sneaked out the door and headed for the hills. A few minutes later a big group of blues came riding past and I hid behind a rock. I looked at the map and noticed now the keep was blue. Then I got a message that I had just earned 37K AP. Mission accomplished, I sneaked back to the main camp and took the wayshrine back to Vvanderfell. So I got a bunch of AP for being a sneak and a deserter?
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the system works!
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • theCampeR_
    theCampeR_
    ✭✭✭
    The system rewards you AP for following things while a keep is being attacked

killing an enemy near the keep.
    damaging an enemy near the keep (and that enemy is getting killed by someone in your alliance)
    healing friendly players
    repairing keep walls/doors

You got a defensive AP tick for repairing those walls/doors while an enemy was being killed during that keep siege.

So yes, system works as intended.
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember how people made a fuss about how hard it is to earn AP, when ZOS switched Rapid and Vigor?
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What makes me laugh about the scoring system is that pvp campaings are always won by nitecap=pve.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nukk3r wrote: »
    Remember how people made a fuss about how hard it is to earn AP, when ZOS switched Rapid and Vigor?

You talk like that's past tense.

PvE players are still hot five (5) months after the Stonethorn change to Rapids.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its almost like this mechanic could be exploited :'(
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You talk like that's past tense.

PvE players are still hot five (5) months after the Stonethorn change to Rapids.

By Azura!
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What did you expect from a game that has rewarded the zergiest pvdoor faction with the most buffs and making the weak factions weaker? >:)
    Edited by Master_Kas on January 25, 2021 1:06PM
    EU | PC
  • NekoN3ko
    NekoN3ko
    ✭✭✭
    erio wrote: »
    Its almost like this mechanic could be exploited :'(

Ask some former emps how they got there with a "friend and empty keep" :D
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    What did you expect from a game that has rewarded the zergiest pvdoor faction with the most buffs and making the weak factions weaker? >:)

Strange thing to say when you play for EP at Grayhost :D
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Say what? Like 4 months ago maybe. I jump from faction to faction but nice try identifying me with one color. :trollface:
    Played AD the last 3 months. Mainly in Ravenwatch unless we have raid on Gray Host.

Edit: Nuker got nuked. :trollface:
    Edited by Master_Kas on January 28, 2021 1:01AM
    EU | PC
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Say what? Like 4 months ago maybe. I jump from faction to faction but nice try identifying me with one color. :trollface:
    Played AD the last 3 months. Mainly in Ravenwatch unless we have raid on Gray Host.

Edit: Nuker got nuked. :trollface:

All good mate, I jump alliances too. We clashed several times and I remembered your name because I have a screenshot of you stuck in a floor :)