The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Twitch Drops

coop500
coop500
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Do these happen anymore aside from the official presentation tomorrow? Are there streamers out there that do these drops or have they been discontinued?
Edited by coop500 on January 25, 2021 2:21PM
Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Umbro100
    Umbro100
    ✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »
    Do these happen anymore aside from the official presentation tomorrow? Are there streamers out there that do these drops or have they been discontinued?

ever since they changed the system for drops, no streamer had them enabled. a few weeks now, I think. not sure what is going on
    Options
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    according to the schedule there are no drops tomorrow, see bottom of this page:
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/streamers

Watching the stream tomorrow at 5 pm est (23:00 german time) will unlock a new pet though. See https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/59445
    Edited by markulrich1966 on January 25, 2021 2:42PM
    Options
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Watching the stream tomorrow at 5 pm est (23:00 german time) will unlock a new pet though. See https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/59445
    Umbro100 wrote: »

ever since they changed the system for drops, no streamer had them enabled. a few weeks now, I think. not sure what is going on

Ah so looks like the free crown crate thing is over.
    Options
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah so looks like the free crown crate thing is over.

no, there was a test a week ago.
    Now you must "activate" a drop after watching a stream for 15 minutes.
    During the test 1 crate dropped, but we have no update yet if the test was successfull or how they plan to proceed.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

We've been busy testing the new system prior to tomorrow's announcement, but rest assured, Drops will be enabled and returning on other streamer's accounts in the near future.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oooo interesting! Okay I'll keep holding out hope.
    Options
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a major issue with the new way that Twitch Drops will work: the live broadcast is in the middle of the night for me. In the past, I could start the Twitch stream and go to bed and the drop would be added to my account even though I wasn't watching it live (I would watch it later in replay). Now, I have to stay up as I have to accept the drop during the live stream. This hugely disadvantage players outside of the US as the live times are almost always during the night the rest of the world.

(I already contacted my local Elder Scrolls Online ZOS members, and they told me that their local streams that next day won't be able to give the same drops, the new pet, as during the live stream).
    Options
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    msetten wrote: »
    There is a major issue with the new way that Twitch Drops will work: the live broadcast is in the middle of the night for me. In the past, I could start the Twitch stream and go to bed and the drop would be added to my account even though I wasn't watching it live (I would watch it later in replay). Now, I have to stay up as I have to accept the drop during the live stream. This hugely disadvantage players outside of the US as the live times are almost always during the night the rest of the world.

(I already contacted my local Elder Scrolls Online ZOS members, and they told me that their local streams that next day won't be able to give the same drops, the new pet, as during the live stream).

Wow that is a bummer.... a bit of a bad taste for non-US people.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Twitch allows 24 hours to claim a Drop after the campaign ends. In this case, you'll have until around 7pm EST on January 27 to claim the pet on twitch.tv/drops as long as you "watch" the stream for at least 15 minutes.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Twitch allows 24 hours to claim a Drop after the campaign ends. In this case, you'll have until around 7pm EST on January 27 to claim the pet on twitch.tv/drops as long as you "watch" the stream for at least 15 minutes.

Oh that's not so bad then. I thought you HAD 15 minutes to claim or you're out of luck.
    Options
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also read somewhere about 15 minutes to claim. But 24 hours is more than enough. Thanks for the reply Gina.
    Options
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so in summary just to be sure to be sure :)

TWITCH STREAM DROPS
    1 "WATCH" with linked acc. for 15 min
    2 CLAIM the drop WITHIN 24 hrs.
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's good news!

As for when drops will be back, it seems like the usual pattern is to have them on for at least one weekend during an event, so hopefully we might get drops this coming weekend or the one after that, depending on how long the Midyear Mayhem event is going to be.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not uncommon for the twitch drop schedule to be missed before an event or ESO Live show.

Any twitch drop announcement or any I observe in the ESO channel, I record here
    http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar/

My calendar has over 10+ timezones to choose from too.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
    Options
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot to mention, I recorded my experiences during the twitch drop test. You can see my notes and screenshots in this article.

http://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/eso-twitch-drops-claiming-changes-effective-immediately/

ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    Options
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Twitch Drop Calendar has been updated.
    Options
  • Kaibeth
    Kaibeth
    ✭✭✭
    How can I be sure if my account is linked on twitch if you folks decided to have website maintenance DURING the stream?
    What do dragons say when they see a new hatchling? Fus roh d'awwww!
    Options
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad for Gina's clarification, although the changes overall seem unnecessarily confusing/complicated. It sounds to me like the blame lies with Twitch, though, and not ESO/ZOS/Bethesda.
    Options
  • The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaibeth wrote: »
    How can I be sure if my account is linked on twitch if you folks decided to have website maintenance DURING the stream?

Have you logged into twitch to see if you're account is linked alright?
    Options
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    cant login site is down
    Options
  • shiny
    shiny
    Soul Shriven
    Kaibeth wrote: »

Yeah, I too am surprised that this is when website maintenance is done.

As The_Old_Goat suggested, I did log into Twitch and it still shows as linked. I would have also preferred to check my ESO account settings for this, but can't because of the maintenance.

Well, hopefully it all works ok, but this website maintenance now must be a let down for those trying to link their ESO account and Twitch for the first time.
    Options
  • KovalskyNestor
    KovalskyNestor
    ✭✭✭
    ESO picks the worst time to do these kind of things... you want the free pet? Want to link your account? Too bad!
    Options
  • ncdulo
    ncdulo
    Nice timing on the account system maintenance. Guess that counts me out. I'll wait for someone to write it up and save myself the time of watching through the whole thing.
    Options
  • SpaPooP
    SpaPooP
    ✭✭
    First time for Twitch Drops, how long does it take for them to apply in-game?

I have 3 claimed according to twitch/drops and the pet but other players say they already have theirs?
    Options
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpaPooP wrote: »
    First time for Twitch Drops, how long does it take for them to apply in-game?

I have 3 claimed according to twitch/drops and the pet but other players say they already have theirs?

Try leaving the game completely and then logging back in. That worked for me. Just got both the crates and the pet.
    Options
  • KyleTheYounger
    KyleTheYounger
    ✭✭✭

We've been busy testing the new system prior to tomorrow's announcement, but rest assured, Drops will be enabled and returning on other streamer's accounts in the near future.

watched the entire stream from start to finish. Claimed the new pet and 3 crates. None of these are showing up in game on my account anywhere?? When do the drops from today's stream show up in our accounts?

Options
  • zula_the_bear
    zula_the_bear
    ✭✭
    watched the entire stream from start to finish. Claimed the new pet and 3 crates. None of these are showing up in game on my account anywhere?? When do the drops from today's stream show up in our accounts?

same here
    Options
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It may take some time. Has always been like that.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
    Options
  • KyleTheYounger
    KyleTheYounger
    ✭✭✭
    Ok Thanks for the quick follow up! This is my first time doing drops so have no idea what to expect. Will they be sending them to us by the in game mailing system? So all we need to do is claim the reward in game after login? If so, will they be providing the codes to redeem the gifts? I didn't see any on Twitch in my inventory or regular email acccount.

They also said they were going to be wiping skills again (necessary for the radical overhaul they made to the UI in the DLC update). It's going to be a pain redoing my character specs all over again
    Options
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They showed up for me ingame. (Make sure you have accounts linked. Double check your Twitch drops, they should have a ✔️ under the Drop saying 'accounts linked' if you mouse over. If you do, then it's a matter of time I guess.
    Options