The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[BUILD] - Bow / 2H Magicka (!?) Templar - Dodgerolls and Procsets.

raasdal
raasdal
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello Everybody!

Just wanted to quickly share this build, because it was surprisingly fun to play for me. So thought some Magplars in need of a change could try it maybe.It is not that extremely inventive or groundbreaking or anything. But it does have some very nice synergies, which i love.

Here is a quick video from a random BG, to show it. Not anything fancy, but should make it visible what the playstyle, damage and survivability is like.

https://youtu.be/I8QK0rohhDk

Anyways, it is a Magplar that plays like a Stamplar.

It uses Draugrkin as the main set, which everything evolves around. Just for those unaware it is this set; https://eso-sets.com/set/draugrkins-grip

Set bonus
(2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
(3 items) Adds 1487 Spell Penetration
(4 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
(5 items) Dealing direct damage to an enemy places a ghostly curse on your enemy for 6 seconds. Cursed enemies take 617 extra damage from all of your damage abilities. This effect can occur once every 9 seconds.

It is the set, with the highest possible damage potential in the game, because it has no cap. If you could put 100 hits on your opponent in 1 sec, that would be 61k damage.

The key is this;

The 617 extra comes onto every single damage instance on opponent, and it;

- Ignores all resistances
- CAN crit (because it is not it's own damage instance - it adds to skills and whatnot. If the skill can crit, so can Draugr damage)
- CANNOT be increased by percentage modifiers (like Malacath). But it does work with PoTl, making Templar the only class, as far as i know that can amplify the damage output of this set.
- IT DOES work with Pale Order (unlike other "natural" proc sets, same reason as for the crits)

When doing a quick combo of PoTl, into Bow Ulti (which will also proc poisons) it is easy to get 10 hits / second and get 6k+ / second from Draugrkin for at least 3 consecutive cooldowns. That’s 18k over 3 sec. And it goes through resistance and can crit.

Anyway, i am a big fan of the set, it's potential and the way it can synergize with certain builds.

Quick rundown of all the choices;

5 x Draugrkin (2 Jewelry, 1 Body, 2H front)
5 x Eternal Vigor (3 body, Bow Backbar)
2 x Grothdarr (would try Zaan if i had it)
1 x Trainee body
1 x Ring of the Pale order

Well Fitted on everything, except Reinforced Chest.
Steed Mundus
Wood Elf
Clockwork Citrus Filet
2 x Swift Jewlery, 1 x Infused. All Tristat Regen
Heaht / Magicka / Crit potion

Watch the video for the skillbars if you want.

oo00oo

This gives us a build that has, in No CP; (Frontbar / Backbar)

2450 / 2700 Mag Regen
2100 / 2300 HP Regen (goes to 4 k exactly when vigor procs)
1450 / 1850 Stam Regen

And 28K Health, 20k Magicka and 12k stamina.

And oh yeah, 64% movement speed after dodgeroll.

oo00oo

The healing is great, and is composed of two separate parts;

While on the offensive, the healing from Sweeps and Pale Order, which Draugrkin adds into and synergizes with is very high. EVERYTHING we do on this build will heal us, except for the damage of poisons and the Grothdarr set (Pale Order does not work with non-active non-player skills)

While on the defensive, nothing can really break through 4k health regen Mistform. And with 54-60% movement speed in Mist, you can kite most situations just fine.
PC - EU
Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interesting build, thanks for sharing.

Stay safe and have fun :)
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will watch as soon as I can.

Gotta know the abilities
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplars are appropriating our bowman playstyle!

I'm offended, and impressed!
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • WabanakiWarrior
    WabanakiWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome unique build my dude! I had my doubts from your description, but those are some solid numbers. I've dismissed Draugrkin in the past because it procs on only one target and has a long cooldown. Do you find that holds you back at all? When Draugrkin's down, do you hit like a noodle?
    PS4 NA
    Grand Master Crafter, PVP, Housing nerd
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome unique build my dude! I had my doubts from your description, but those are some solid numbers. I've dismissed Draugrkin in the past because it procs on only one target and has a long cooldown. Do you find that holds you back at all? When Draugrkin's down, do you hit like a noodle?

Thank you for the kind words :)

No, i don’t feel the cooldown at all, especially as it is on the frontbar. The cooldown is only 3 seconds. It has a duration on 6 seconds and can be applied every 9 seconds. The cooldowntimer starts at application. So the actual cooldown on a single target is 3 seconds.

Especially for a Magplar, who is already playing heavily around a single target PoTl which also has a 6 (or 5 cant remember) timer, it really fits perfectly.

If my target is not dead at the end of the Draugrkin timer, i will naturally need to reapply my own buffs and PoTl and so the cooldown of Draugrkin never gets in my way honestly.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I so miss my 2H Magplar bombing people with 2H ulti for couple of patches ago till proc became the meta.
    Interesting setup.
    Cheers...
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.