The Firesong DLC and Update 36 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Do you think death should cancel werewolf transformation in BG?

BuildMan
BuildMan
✭✭✭✭✭
Please discuss your perspective on the question.
ID: YourACasul

PSN:
CP 1500 Stamden (Retired)
CP 1500 Magsorc (Retired)

PC:
CP 800 Heathcro (Active)
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No because werewolf and other transformation ultimates aren´t designed the same way.
    Edited by Qbiken on November 8, 2020 7:29PM
  • BuildMan
    BuildMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    No because werewolf and other transformation ultimates aren´t designed the same way.

    Do you think werewolves are at a good point balance wise in BG and other No-CP environments? Also I do have a bias but I'm trying to put it aside for the sake of dialogue so point it out if it shows.
    ID: YourACasul

    PSN:
    CP 1500 Stamden (Retired)
    CP 1500 Magsorc (Retired)

    PC:
    CP 800 Heathcro (Active)
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    Qbiken wrote: »
    No because werewolf and other transformation ultimates aren´t designed the same way.

    Do you think werewolves are at a good point balance wise in BG and other No-CP environments? Also I do have a bias but I'm trying to put it aside for the sake of dialogue so point it out if it shows.

    Only thing that needs adjustment with werewolf is to rework their heal to scale of max stamina and weapon damage instead of max HP. Same goes for other HP scaling heals as well (especially heals like artic blast). Other than that I believe werewolf is perfectly fine.
  • BuildMan
    BuildMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    BuildMan wrote: »
    Qbiken wrote: »
    No because werewolf and other transformation ultimates aren´t designed the same way.

    Do you think werewolves are at a good point balance wise in BG and other No-CP environments? Also I do have a bias but I'm trying to put it aside for the sake of dialogue so point it out if it shows.

    Only thing that needs adjustment with werewolf is to rework their heal to scale of max stamina and weapon damage instead of max HP. Same goes for other HP scaling heals as well (especially heals like artic blast). Other than that I believe werewolf is perfectly fine.

    Fair evaluation. I agree that could help avoid werewolves running 40k health.
    ID: YourACasul

    PSN:
    CP 1500 Stamden (Retired)
    CP 1500 Magsorc (Retired)

    PC:
    CP 800 Heathcro (Active)
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Only thing that needs adjustment with werewolf is to rework their heal to scale of max stamina and weapon damage instead of max HP. Same goes for other HP scaling heals as well (especially heals like artic blast). Other than that I believe werewolf is perfectly fine.

    Note that during the NMA+Balorgh meta there was much clamor about offensive stat based heals. NMA was nerfed and a portion of Balorgh was made into penetration. I would expect some other change besides this entire class of heals being changed - the impact to PvE tanks is undesirable. Should any change be made, I would hope Green Dragon Blood comes out ahead for the average StamDK and is still useful for Tanks in PvE . StamDK lost a lot out of Balorgh since it now doesn't work well with Corrosive, a change I suspect was made just to lessen healing while Balorgh is up.

    Anyhow no I don't think WW should go away at death, that's too severe and it would pidgeonhole BG WW into being focused on transformation cost reduction - or to once again altogether disappear. In my opinion.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    No all other expensive ultimates should be infinite duration, Necro colossus, Vamp lord, Corrosive armor, to name a few.

    Yea... permanent Corrosive counts really great lol.
    The others should definitely not be permanent either though if they dont get a big nerf to make up for that.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The strongest attack, the strongest defense, the strongest recovery, the strongest speed...
    Werewolf is real OP.

    Most expensive abilities, takes increased damage to poison/fighters guild abilities, melee only offense, can not remove snares.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    The strongest attack, the strongest defense, the strongest recovery, the strongest speed...
    Werewolf is real OP.

    Most expensive abilities, takes increased damage to poison/fighters guild abilities, melee only offense, can not remove snares.

    Savage Strength add Spell and Physical Resistance by 10000.
    And Hiricine's Fortitude is the strongest healing skill.
    Poison? Fighters Guild? They are only small issues.
    Werewolf has too many benefits in PvP.

    With the nerfs to defile werewolf has absolutely 0 pressure vs the avarage - competent player this patch (especially in CP PvP). Sure werewolfs are tanky and hard to kill, but if your only goal is to become hard to kill, you're better of playing something else than a werewolf.

    And at this point, the only legitimate complain about werewolf is the HP based heal (which again, should scale of max stam and weapon damage if you ask me, can still cost magicka tho)

    Complaining about anything else is just ridiculous at this point.
  • Hesperax79
    Hesperax79
    ✭✭
    But now this topic is about noCP BG In this environment WW is very OP.
    In 4-man organised BG a WW+warden+DK combo are literally unbreakable.



  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I see a lot of complains about WW and they could be strong if build correctly but I rarely see them in PC EU. Is this NA or under 50? Where do you see so many werewolves. On PC EU is full with high health proc builds, gank/speed proc builds and pet sorcs.
    Because I can!
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    I see a lot of complains about WW and they could be strong if build correctly but I rarely see them in PC EU. Is this NA or under 50? Where do you see so many werewolves. On PC EU is full with high health proc builds, gank/speed proc builds and pet sorcs.

    It's mainly a console thing, but seen some ww action on PCNA as well (not with that much success as of this patch however due to defile nerfs). Also a bit more common in sub 50 since battlescaling is easily abused there. But sub 50 is and will alwasy be irrelevant PvP.

    And as you say, there are barely any werewolfs on PCEU, because the only thing they offer in a BG that's somewhat useful is an AoE cc, and that's about it.

    And those who tries to play it in BG's on EU usually gets mashed down by the high HP proc builds fairly easy, so they don't pose much or a threat (with a few exceptions which can easily be counted on one hand).
    Edited by Qbiken on November 13, 2020 8:35AM
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    probably, guessing if they did that they'd have to add the same jail free card bonus to werewolf transformation that the goliath and vampire lord have (meaning the heal to full when used)
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes obviously.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With what you have to give up in order to make WW work....no. Vampire at least has passives that persist outside of Vamp lord form. When you're out of WW form, the thing thing useful is the extra stam recovery on your WW....that's it. That means when you're out of WW, you're running a mediocre build in humanoid form compared to what you COULD be running as a non-WW. If the time you can actually be in WW form is decreased heavily, there is really no point in running the skill line.

    We get it.... you want WW removed from the game and ES lore....
Sign In or Register to comment.