Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How viable is MagBlade nowadays?

DraggOOn_021
I used to main a stamblade before harrowstorm but stopped playing for a while, now that I am back, I really want to know the state of Magblade right now and if I should choose them as a new class or change to a Sorc, and before anyone says templar I was going to play them after getting the preferred class to a couple hundred CP.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I quite like my magblade. She is built for solo PvE with priorities to survivability, sustain, then damage - in that order. Her gear reflects that: Julianos or Mother's Sorrow (damage), Seducer (sustain), Mighty Chudan (survival). The result is a very durable high sustain character who does decent damage. She relies heavily on passive healing from the siphoning line to stay alive and high sustain to keep casting. Dual lightning staves. Far from meta but very fun. She can solo about 8 normal dungeons and most alliance zone WBs. A solid character who can hold her own when compared to my magplar, magsorc, magward.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magblade is really good in endgame PvE, with really high Maelstrom Arena/Vateshran Hollows scores, and high DPS numbers in trials. Their sustain was buffed a few patches ago, which made them very strong. Any class and spec can do veteran dungeons and trials, though, tbh. As you might know from playing a Stamblade, the trick to playing a Magblade is weaving well and using Grim Focus as soon as it procs, so your damage will drastically improve as you do

I play a Magblade in casual PvP and have a lot of fun, but some people say they're not as competitive as they used to be. I like that they can play melee or ranged, cloak or no-cloak, brawler or glass cannon, and have a lot of unique skills to play around with. I can keep the same gear on and totally change my playstyle by swapping from Swallow Soul to Concealed Blade

I can't speak to sorcs for endgame atm, but from what I've seen, Magsorcs are doing better than Stamsorcs
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner