Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to enchant a piece of crafted equipment.

SimpleTea
SimpleTea
I crafted a gold level Hunding's Rage heavy chest armor piece with the Devine trait. I also crafted a Truly Surperb Glyph of Heath. When I try to enchant the chest piece with the glyph, it says I don't have any available enchantments for the piece. Did I do something wrong?
  • KaGaOri
    KaGaOri
    ✭✭✭✭
    SimpleTea wrote: »
    I crafted a gold level Hunding's Rage heavy chest armor piece with the Devine trait. I also crafted a Truly Surperb Glyph of Heath. When I try to enchant the chest piece with the glyph, it says I don't have any available enchantments for the piece. Did I do something wrong?
    This happens, when glyph and equipement have different level. Check if your armor isn't crafted at 150 CP instead of 160 CP by mistake.
  • SimpleTea
    SimpleTea
    I checked. Chest piece is lvl 150, while glyph is lvl 160. Can this be fixed? How do I ensure that items are crafted at lvl 160 at crafting stations and not lvl 150?

• SimpleTea
    SimpleTea
    I see what I did wrong. It was the first time I crafted a piece of equipment and did not realize there was an option to craft at 150 vs 160 - did not even look at it. So, now the question is still, can it be fixed? If not, can I get my mats back if I destroy the item?
  • KaGaOri
    KaGaOri
    ✭✭✭✭
    SimpleTea wrote: »
    I see what I did wrong. It was the first time I crafted a piece of equipment and did not realize there was an option to craft at 150 vs 160 - did not even look at it. So, now the question is still, can it be fixed? If not, can I get my mats back if I destroy the item?
    Level can't be changed once crafted and those mats are lost forever, unfortunatelly :disappointed: . You'll have to craft new piece and gold it out all over again. Make sure you have skill points in perks making improving gear cheaper, or ask for help someone who has them to lessen the impact, but that's about all you can do in this situation. (Been there, done that :s.) Good luck.
  • SimpleTea
    SimpleTea
    Thanks for the reply and help. Expensive lesson learned! :'(
  • Nyteshade
    Nyteshade
    ✭✭✭
    Been there done that. They way they have that set up to switch between 150 and 160 isn't intuitive and it's easy to miss. I've even forgotten to change it, knowing about it. Don't feel bad!
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you decon the item, depending on your skill level, you may get a small number of mats back. It is, however, largely rng.
    Edited by JKorr on January 15, 2021 9:08PM
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have also done that.

One way to quickly notice the mistake is to see how many mats are required to craft. The difference between CP 150 and CP 160 is TEN TIMES MORE materials needed to craft.

One good thing comes with making a mistake like this -- generally you always remember it!!!

:smiley:
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • SimpleTea
    SimpleTea
    Until this happened, I never noticed the difference in mats required between 150 and 160 - I guess because whenever I crafted something for a writ I was always crafting 150 lvl. Then when I realized you had to toggle between 150 and 160 I noticed the 10X mat difference. Wow! Huge difference in mats for just a little more gain. Oh well, it is what it is. And yes, I will ALWAYS remember!