The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Looking for an addon that quickly runs down mechanics.

Whyn Aurum
Whyn Aurum
✭✭✭
I am looking for an addon that will have a very short description of mechanics for particular dungeons/trials/arenas.

I am aware of Xynode's addon - but it is basically a copy paste from his website and a wall of text.
I was wondering if there was an addon that roughly tell you what to do. Lets say Ruins of Mazzatun final boss:

- Totem priority
- Team stays close and indicates the correct cursed monument to the cursed player so that he can kill it
etc..

Is there something like this avaliable?
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    I wish there was since -- I agree -- the "expert" game sites are clearly not written by English or Journalism majors and are wordy walls of text.

The Mechanics SHOULD be written in Bullet Point format:

~ That way only the most important...
    ~ Really, really important and...
    ~ Super-duper important things will be included.

Like:

Mighty Chudan --
    1) Poison Spit Ranged Attack will KILL even the Tank -- Dodge Roll
    2) When "targeted" run BEHIND Lightning NPC's DOME and Chudan will charge YOU but will kill Lightning NPC who otherwise is unkillable.

Final Boss --
    1) Destroy Draining Totems IMMEDIATELY with RANGED attacks since the closer you are the faster the draining will be.
    2) Team should run to Illuminated Totem so "cursed" player can kill it.
    3) Don't be stupid. (Sorry, I added that superfluously.) :smiley:

:blush:
    :smiley:
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
    Options
  • Technica
    Technica
    ✭✭✭
    You will know me by my eye. | Adventuring since beta | PC EU | ESO+ | I recommend this reshade (Example Screenshots)
    Options
  • Whyn Aurum
    Whyn Aurum
    ✭✭✭
    I
    Technica wrote: »

If you actually read my post, you's see I specifically excluded that addon.
    Options
  • Technica
    Technica
    ✭✭✭
    Whyn Aurum wrote: »
    I
    Technica wrote: »

If you actually read my post, you's see I specifically excluded that addon.

And if you read mine you'd see I was saying it's the only one (I think) and I like it.

You wanted to know if there's another one. I told you no I don't think so. I also expressed my opinion that I like Xynodes. And I linked it because I link everything I mention in my posts all over the forums. Other users who want it can follow to it.
    Edited by Technica on January 14, 2021 8:02PM
    You will know me by my eye. | Adventuring since beta | PC EU | ESO+ | I recommend this reshade (Example Screenshots)
    Options
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    By the way, the very best instruction for Group Dungeon Mechanics that I have found is NOT by reading, but by watching SHORT (like five- to 10-minute videos) that SHOW the mechanic!

For instance, I could not understand the mechanic of the Kiln Room (you know it?) until I saw a short video of a guy SOLOING (whoa!) the Kiln Room and I went, "Oh, yes, I see! It's easy!" Grapple up, find "lit" floor tile, interact with it (twice just in case), drag Boss to lit ground-floor-level tile and break his thin damage shield -- done.

The PUG-Killer Dungeons are not hard -- although they do require top-level DPS and healing and a smart Tank who is actually being a Tank and not a quasi-DPS guy -- it's just that the "expert" sites have AWFUL writers who blather on and on about useless info and BURY the actual Mechanic Info deep in a wall of text.

Okay, thanks, I'm done ranting now.

:smiley:
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
    Options