The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ESO on Big Sur

• Aorcain
    Aorcain
    ✭✭
    updated today from Catalina to Big Sur, was waiting specifically to avoid any problems with compatibility (silly me...) and.. got a massive FPS drop, from 40-50 (Catalina) to 5.
    is there any solution to it at the moment?
  • TheBunny
    TheBunny
    ✭✭
    Did you erase the shader cache file?

• soulferin
    soulferin
    ✭✭✭
    I've noticed one weird issue after update to Big Sur.

I'm using radio mouse and after few minutes in dungeon fps started to drop to 3-5 but...only when I'm using mouse to turn around etc. Everything stoped when I used Magic Mouse (can't test it on other bluetooth mouse). Solution I've found on some site for different game was to just change frequency of response for mouse to 125HZ or as I saw to use Magic/bluetooth mouse ;P

I hope it will help someone.
    Edited by soulferin on January 13, 2021 8:59AM
  • TheBunny
    TheBunny
    ✭✭
    soulferin wrote: »

I'm using radio mouse and after few minutes in dungeon fps started to drop to 3-5 but...only when I'm using mouse to turn around etc. Everything stoped when I used Magic Mouse (can't test it on other bluetooth mouse). Solution I've found on some site for different game was to just change frequency of response for mouse to 125HZ or as I saw to use Magic/bluetooth mouse ;P

This is really weird.

What was the default frequency of response on that mouse?
  • soulferin
    soulferin
    ✭✭✭
    TheBunny wrote: »
    soulferin wrote: »

This is really weird.

What was the default frequency of response on that mouse?

Yeah it's so weird that it's funny. 😆 Default frequency was 500hz, I've also read about similar problems with 1000hz, with other games.
  • TheBunny
    TheBunny
    ✭✭
    Being a long mac game dev Im rather interested in this one.
    My only is that the 1000hz is flooding the App with mouse events and they are not getting processed fast enough or
    are building up over time and the apps getting stuck spending more and more time processing them.

Anyhow really weird and Im not sure the best way for a game engine to handle them.
    Maybe some other non event based API is best... shrug.

Well thats my 2 cents worth. :)