Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quality of Life changes Cyrodiil could use

LarsS
LarsS
✭✭✭✭✭
Even ZOS have now admitted that 2020 was a bad year and now want to fix want went wrong, so we cannot expect any big new functions 2021, but let us hope some bugs are fixed. I think PVP were harder hit than any other part of the game, more bugs, and 2 months of testing. There are however several simple things I hope ZOS will do to make Cyrodiil more fun. Below are my suggestions.
1. Let us mount in battle. The battle bug has been there for a long time and is frustrating each time you are hit by it.
2. Restore the 24-man groups. I think it is obvious that many disliked this change and we have seen no performance improvement.
3. Make it so that a character can only be emperor once during a campaign. It makes it easier to become emperor and more people would have a chance to play for it.
4. Weight campaign points awarded by the fraction of people online to the maximum number of players. Thus, if only 10% of the max number is online the campaign points achieved are multiplied with 0.10. Remove the under-population bonus for campaign points but keep it for players. This would make the campaigns more interesting, since caping the map at low pop would be less important.
5. Renew the prizes awarded for the campaigns and make it similar the golden system.
6. Make all campaigns 7 days, I see no reason for the 30-day period. Keep the present number of prizes though.
All these suggestions should need little coding but would help to make Cyrodiil more interesting.

Feel free to suggest other quality of life changes.
GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • nk125x
    nk125x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree 100% (apart from the Emperor point as have got it and everybody should have to suffer like I did to get it!!!!!:sunglasses:)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. The battle bug is what needs to be fixed. Mounting is only one issue due to the stuck in combat issue and we know Zos is not going to make that status meaningless.
    2. Not disagreeing but I doubt Zos will revert that change back so soon. It would be acknowledging poorly thinking through a change and that is not going to happen. I would like to hear what "behavioral" changes they liked about the smaller groups.
    3. I see no reason to make it easier for players to get Emperor. It is not a participation ribbon. Ok, it is a participation ribbon but is intended to require a lot of participation.
    4. I think it is a bad idea to punish the lower population faction by having them earn only 10% (.10) of the points they could from their efforts. I see a lot of issues with that, starting with de-emphasis in playing Cyrodiil when one's faction is low pop. It could destroy Cyrodiil faster than poor performance.
    5. While I do not think it needs to ber golden, reards should be reviewed from time to time.
    6. Just seems to be a means to get more prizes for less rewards. I personally like the 30 days. Granted, I do herald from the era of founders when all campaigns were 90 days. Of course, if OP truly wants a shorter duration then I expect they are wiling to have the rewards reduced so they are in-line with the shorter duration. 1/4.
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    4. I think it is a bad idea to punish the lower population faction by having them earn only 10% (.10) of the points they could from their efforts. I see a lot of issues with that, starting with de-emphasis in playing Cyrodiil when one's faction is low pop. It could destroy Cyrodiil faster than poor performance.

The players will get as much AP and buffs as before only the campaign points are changes, its not fair that a few can determ the outcome of the campaigns.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • DemonNinja
    DemonNinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Servers that work. Yes plz.
    @DemonNinja
    Aerilon Starsider - Best Sorcerer NA
    World Record Trial Team Member & Game Breaker of Days Past
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    @DemonNinja yes that, but also hey this might spice things up a bit hmmmmm
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LarsS wrote: »
    idk wrote: »

The players will get as much AP and buffs as before only the campaign points are changes, its not fair that a few can determ the outcome of the campaigns.

I agree. I can't speak for the situation on the other campaigns, but Blackreach campaigns are won by 2-6 late nighters knocking doors. If only 8 people are logged into the entire campaign, point gains for the entire campaign should just stop until the population reverts back to a certain level.

That or just make it so you can't solo/small group the entire map somehow. I logged in one day to seeing AD took the entire map overnight again, leaving our gates open, so I broke out the trebs and solo retook our main keeps back. It was kinda dumb I could even do that. Maybe it should take at least 12 players to take a keep, like you have to have a minimum of 6 on each flag simultaneously for them to flip?
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Make break free work.
    2. Players can never have more than 1 CC on them at a time.
    3. End chain CC's so you can no longer get CC'd again the moment you finally get out of the one you're in.
    4. Take away the secondary and tertiary effects from CC's.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Delsskia wrote: »
    1. Make break free work.
    3. End chain CC's so you can no longer get CC'd again the moment you finally get out of the one you're in.

FYI all of these issues are normally due to the 'streak' cc bug which gets stuck on your character for 49000 days, you need to task manager or enter and exit a delve to clear it.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Make break free work.

Make the CC that hits you give immunity, not break free. Done.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Attribute and Skill respec shrines in Cyrodiil
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Make break free work.

FYI all of these issues are normally due to the 'streak' cc bug which gets stuck on your character for 49000 days, you need to task manager or enter and exit a delve to clear it.

going into cheesemongers hollow (Sheogorath's portal at your base) should also have the same effect.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. Make break free work.

going into cheesemongers hollow (Sheogorath's portal at your base) should also have the same effect.

This would be classed as a delve yeh, same restrictions apply in locked pop cyro where you sometimes get stuck inside for a bit.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The quality of life I want to see is simple. A game that works. At this point it could be any other game that is good. Thank you!
    Edited by Minnesinger on January 16, 2021 7:05PM
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.