The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Would this Stamcro build work?

RiskyChalice863
RiskyChalice863
✭✭✭
I’m wondering for peoples’ thoughts on the following Stamcro build before I do some of the grinding necessary to get the gear for it. The build idea seems quite good to me, but often there’s some large flaw that you don’t understand while theorycrafting that can make one regret spending the time grinding for the relevant gear, so I’m wondering if that’s the case here. Here’s the basics of what I was thinking this would ideally look like:

Race: Orc

Mundus: Warrior

Attributes: 64 stamina

Food: Artaeum Takeaway Broth

Potion: Tri-Stat

Gear: 5pc Alessian, 5pc Seventh Legion (back-barred), 2pc Vateshran Maul (front-barred), 1pc heavy Domihaus, 1pc Malacath’s Ring

The armor would ideally be mostly well-fitted with a bit of impen if you want, and a mix of stamina and health glyphs. A lot of traits would work for the jewelry but let’s just say one healthy, one robust, and one swift, with all weapon damage enchants. The front bar Vateshran Maul would be Nirnhoned with a shock damage enchant. The back bar Seventh Legion weapon would be a bow with the Infused trait and a weapon damage enchant.

Skills:

Front Bar: Dizzying Swing, Resolving Vigor, Rally, Executioner, Blighted Blastbones, Dawnbreaker of Smiting
Back Bar: Hexproof, Poison Injection, Spirit Mender, Summoner’s Armor, Mortal Coil, Temporal Guard

No-CP Stats:

In no-CP, we are looking at a build with 27.6k health, 9.2k magicka, and about 26.3k stamina. With Rally up, the weapon damage enchant procced, and Vateshran’s at full stacks, we should be looking at 4841 weapon damage in no-CP. With just Rally up, and no weapon damage enchant or Vateshran’s stacks, it is still 4051 weapon damage.

In terms of recoveries, the build should have 3761 health recovery, 999 magicka recovery, and 1683 stamina recovery.

For resistances, it has got over 26.3k of both sets of resistances.

How I think it would work:

The idea here is to combine being really tanky with large burst and good mobility, while maintaining solid sustain.

Tankiness:

This build would have a massive amount of self healing from HoTs. The 3761 health recovery is a huge HoT. Vigor would have an over 16k tooltip in no-CP even without Vateshran’s stacks or the weapon damage enchant procced. With Vigor, the Spirit Mender, and Mortal Coil all up, you’d also have about 6500 tooltip healing per second, which gets increased by 8% from the heavy armor passives (so about 3,150 healing per second in PvP). So, combined with the health recovery, you’ll be healing over 5k health per second in PvP. There’d also be the tiny Orc self-heal as well. In term’s of burst healing, you’d have a Rally burst heal that should be able to crit for over 11k healing in no-CP (and be 7-8k non-crit), and a fight-reset ult in Temporal Guard.

Meanwhile, your resistances are quite good, and you’d also have the 10% damage mitigation from spirit mender, the 15% DoT damage mitigation from the Necromancer passives (not to mention a purge), and minor protection on the back bar. And you’d have that 27.6k health pool. So you’d have a lot of damage mitigation and health to go alongside your super good HoTs.

Damage:

It seems like there’d be a very good burst combination here. Once you have your Vateshran stacks all the way up (which shouldn’t take long, since it merely requires using 5 stamina abilities), you’d use poison injection to proc your weapon damage enchant, summon a Blastbones either before or after that, then Dizzying Swing into a medium weave (which I believe procs Vateshran’s?), and use Dawnbreaker if it is up, followed by Executioner if they’re still alive. That combination would ideally cause the Dizzying Swing, Blastbones, Vateshran’s proc, medium weave (possibly with 70% extra damage from off balance), your shock damage enchant, Dawnbreaker, and a poison injection tick to all hit almost at once, with the enemy left with a couple nasty DoTs on them if they survive as well as major defile.

In no-CP, this combo would do somewhere in the realm of 65k tooltip damage—give or take a little depending on the exact damage of the medium weave and whether minor vulnerability procs on the shock enchant—in less than 2 seconds. You don’t have a lot of physical penetration (mostly just from the maul and 1500 for attacks while the Blastbones is out), but that combo will kill quite a lot people in no-CP outright. And even more will die very soon thereafter to the combination of the Dawnbreaker DoT, the poison injection execute DoT, and Executioner.

Honestly, you could kill quite a lot of people without the Dawnbreaker, so you don’t need that up to burst people down. And if you leave aside Dawnbreaker, you could run this combo almost constantly. If you just buffed up with Rally and Vigor, cast Blastbones and Poison Injection, and then used Dizzying Swing, your medium weave would proc Vateshran’s. Let’s say you did an execute to finish the person off afterwards. You could then recast Vigor, then do Blastbones and Poison Injection on someone else, and Dizzying Swing and proc Vateshran’s again. So you could really cycle this, I think.

Note also that a lot of this damage is AOE. Dawnbreaker, Blastbones, Vateshran’s and even your medium weave all are AOE damage, so I think you can kill groups with this too. It’s potentially good enough against groups to justify running Reverse Slice instead of Executioner.

Mobility:

There’s no gap closer on this build, but you should be quite mobile. You have really easy access to major expedition from using a bow. You have extra sprint speed from being Orc. You are running a swift enchant. And you’ve got Hexproof to purge away snares.

Sustain:

The stamina pool—at 26.3k—isn’t massive. Your stamina recovery of 1683 is good, but not incredible, though you’ve also got stamina regen from Mortal Coil, and sustain from the Constitution passive. You also should be getting the Battle Rush stamina recovery buff a lot. And I think it’s probably best to run most or all well-fitted so that’d help stamina sustain a lot as well. I suppose it’s possible that stamina sustain could be an issue here, but I think it probably would be fine. After all, Blighted Blastbones is super cheap, a couple of your buffs/HoTs cost magicka (Summoner’s Armor and Spirit Mender), one of your HoTs doesn’t cost anything (Mortal Coil), and one of your defensive abilities costs health (Hexproof). So basically, Dizzying Swing, Vigor, Rally, Executioner, and Poison Injection are the only abilities that use much of any stamina. I therefore suspect that stamina sustain would be perfectly fine. It’s also worth noting that you not only have a bow for easy stamina regen from heavy attacks (which give even more stamina because you’re in heavy armor), but you also actually have a damage combo that can proc off of a fully charged heavy attack (though medium weave would be easier/faster to land), so I think one wouldn’t find it difficult or necessarily even particularly limiting in terms of damage to heavy attack some.

Meanwhile, magicka sustain should definitely be a non-issue. You need to proc Summoner’s Armor every 15 seconds for Seventh Legion and want to recast Spirit Mender on roughly that same timeline. But those are your only two magicka abilities, and you easily have enough magicka sustain to do that without any issue.

Conclusion

This seems really strong to me, but I’m wondering if I’m missing something. A particularly question I have is whether Vateshran’s procs off a medium weave. If not, then that limits the burst of this somewhat, though you could basically get a pretty big burst still. Another potential concern is the lack of a reliable stun. The Dizzying-Swing-into-Medium-Weave combo will stun if they can be set off balance, and Dawnbreaker stuns, but there isn’t an ability that you can use to stun constantly. It might make sense to replace Hexproof with Turn Evil in order to have a reliable stun. That’d leave you potentially vulnerable to snares though, in which case you might want Forward Momentum over Rally, but then you lose the burst heal. So there’s trade-offs.
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would nearly always go for SnB on backbar instead of Bow, if you dont run something like masters bow with that Poison Injection, because it just makes you that much tankier(which just wouldnt work with that build).

But regarding everything else that build should be pretty good.

Im running a very similar build on stamsorc, just without malacath and 2 piece monster set instead and it works really well.

I also have a friend who is running pretty much that exact setup on stamNecro and is doing pretty good on it.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • RiskyChalice863
    RiskyChalice863
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like this build would also work pretty well on a Stam Sorc. You could probably run Bewitched Sugar Skulls instead of Artaeum Takeaway Broth and rely on Dark Deal for sustain.

You can get similar or even more damage with the combo described above except with Crystal Weapon, largely because of damage passives for the Stam Sorc. The Stam Sorc combo has the advantage of be able to start it before you see someone (since you can cast Crystal Weapon without targeting someone) and definitely lands as one burst (whereas Blastbones can be inconsistent). The Stamcro combo would have the advantage of applying minor defile and having more AOE to it (because Blastbones is AOE).

The Stamcro version would be tankier—albeit with slightly less health so not a ton less burstable—because of Spirit Guardian. But the Stam Sorc version would be more mobile, primarily due to Streak. The Stamcro version would have more HoTs: Despite lower health regen, it would have Spirit Guardian and Mortal Coil. But the Stam Sorc would have a burst heal that could be used multiple times in a row.

The Stamcro version would have a purge, but the Stam Sorc version would either be able to absorb projectiles or have a stun that isn’t tied to off balance or an ultimate.

The Stam Sorc would have more stamina sustain through Dark Deal, but also have more need for stamina due to Crystal Weapon being more expensive than Blastbones and the armor ability that procs Seventh Legion being a stamina ability instead of a magicka one.

I think maybe the Stam Sorc version might be better overall, if only because I think it could keep on the offensive more. The Stamcro would have more need tobuff up (needing to keep Rally, Spirit Guardian, Mortal Coil, and Summoner’s Armor—as opposed to the Stam Sorc just needing to keep up Rally and Hurricane and just using Dark Deal more reactively). And the Stam Sorc could use Crystal Weapon before targeting someone, so they could get the combo off quicker.