Maintenance for the week of April 1:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 1

moving on, NO changes made to the PvP system in months

ivramirez
ivramirez
✭✭✭
Despite daily complains in this forum, there is no information about what is going to happen with these problems (proc set, WW, balance in healing, stacking AoE damage) . the PvP is barely playable. Find myself playing less and less due to the lack of attention to the PvP. We should move on to something else.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ivramirez wrote: »
    Despite daily complains in this forum, there is no information about what is going to happen with these problems (proc set, WW, balance in healing, stacking AoE damage) . the PvP is barely playable. Find myself playing less and less due to the lack of attention to the PvP. We should move on to something else.

They don't ever comment on changes or issues unless in a rigorously vetted statement. They have started to do patch previews up to a week before releasing patch notes. As the next patch is pre the next chapter we won't hear anything until the reveal on the 21st I think. We may get a preview of the combat direction. Which I hope addresses proc sets.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc set WWs who stack aoe healing are a feature, not a bug!
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ivramirez wrote: »

You are new here, aren't you? Things don't get fixed that fast if at all. There have been things a majority of the community has wanted for years they haven't changed. ZOS will have an outline of projects they want to do. A more detailed plan will be laid out for the next year in the form of a story and how they are going to fit features and fixes into that year long story line.

They won't vary a lot from that because that will already use most of the resources they have allotted for new projects this year. There will be a team that does critical fixes and works on bugs from previous content as they have time for. That team will only focus on "repairs" to keep the game stable and things operating as intended.

The balance team, which is what you want, will be part of the new content "team". It was mentioned by Matt Firor, IIRC, that they were going to redo the champion system either last year or early this year. I can't remember when it was said. That was further down the road, at the time it was mentioned as they were still working out what to do with it. We will likely see that first before PVP fixes.

What has been done to "mess up pvp" will have been put together last year. Unless it is game breaking or they really think that its out of whack, they won't even look at it unless they start to see a large impact on the player base and what they do in game.

Unless it is causing a huge impact or game breaking, i wouldnt expect any "fix" until at least next chapter drop if then. In order for it to be game breaking or a huge impact, there would have to be a huge drop in players because of that issue.
    Edited by Anotherone773 on December 27, 2020 6:13PM
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gameplay changing patches happen during DLC and expansions which is every 3 months, rarely do they adjust stuff in between. So if procs and WWs aren't getting nerf im done with it. This patch has been the least Ive ever played since nerfmire patch.
  • Foto1
    Foto1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like everything. I hope the meta doesn't change much
    PC/EU CP 1200+
    Artaxerks stamina dk khajiit
    Wayna Qhapaq magicka dk argonian
    Rorekur stamina sorc orc
    Maria de Medici magicka sorc breton
    Cordeilla stamina warden wood elf
    Quienn Gwendolen magicka warden high elf
    Nefertari stamina necro khajiit
    Boadicea Icenian magicka templar dark elf
    Clarice de Medici healer nb breton
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are dying to someone solely light attacking and relying on procs from that, well that's on you. It would take a pretty crappy build to die to light attacks/procs only. There may be balance issues but let's not exaggerate.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »
    If you are dying to someone solely light attacking and relying on procs from that, well that's on you. It would take a pretty crappy build to die to light attacks/procs only. There may be balance issues but let's not exaggerate.

Well it was L.A.s and poison injection 😂
    Edited by Waffennacht on January 5, 2021 6:32PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

😂👍 I mean what even is a build any more!?

Crimson, vateshan staff, zaan and malacath, 64 health all health enchants!? Light attack-ele drain- mist form!? Nice build man! Or maybe you prefer crimson-thews-necro all health again!? Hold the right mouse button!?
    Warden, crimson, syvarras!? Hold block and press arctic winds(this is the high APM build). Awesome meta!
    Edited by relentless_turnip on January 5, 2021 7:19PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It goes without saying, that the expectations for the upcoming update are massive. It will set the tone for this year. Where it will become clear whether proc sets will finally get fixed for pvp or if we just get more of them with each update.

If the coming DLC will go without significant changes or signs of betterment, many will probably call it for now. I know we likely will, unfortunately. It would not take much to make pvp the best it has ever been. I remain hopeful, that this update will bring dearly needed relief. Most pvper's agree; it can not continue as it is right now.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • SimonBelmont
    SimonBelmont
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get why people hate proc sets so much. So a few players with the right proc sets can bust your AOE ball.. So what..? You see proc sets as a problem; even exploitative..? I see AOE balls as a problem; maybe even exploitative.

No one likes meating their counter. It'd be like, in WWII, B-28 Bombers whining about anti-aircraft artillery. Crocodile tears, basically..

Generally speaking, I see gear, as a whole, as a problem. I'd love to see gear templates, based on role. That would be way easier to balance.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get why people hate proc sets so much. So a few players with the right proc sets can bust your AOE ball.. So what..? You see proc sets as a problem; even exploitative..? I see AOE balls as a problem; maybe even exploitative.

No one likes meating their counter. It'd be like, in WWII, B-28 Bombers whining about anti-aircraft artillery. Crocodile tears, basically..

Generally speaking, I see gear, as a whole, as a problem. I'd love to see gear templates, based on role. That would be way easier to balance.

They break build craft... You shouldn't be able to have 35-50k health, in heavy armor and zero stat investment in damage and be able to do more damage than light/medium full damage build. You can kill people in mist form at the moment for Christ sake 😂

It is only a counter for balance of this game. I understand people enjoy being able to compete. There is no way you can honestly think it's balanced though...
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Crimson, vateshan staff, zaan and malacath, 64 health all health enchants!? Light attack-ele drain- mist form!? Nice build man! Or maybe you prefer crimson-thews-necro all health again!? Hold the right mouse button!?
    Warden, crimson, syvarras!? Hold block and press arctic winds(this is the high APM build). Awesome meta!

Wouldn't the necro build hard counter the other two? :D Once you commit to your zaan/vateshan or dot procs you are doomed.
    Edited by katorga on January 10, 2021 4:28PM
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

Wouldn't the necro build hard counter the other two? :D Once you commit to your zaan/vateshan or dot procs you are doomed.

Yeah you're right 😂 but in mist form the returned damage would be pathetic, regardless I would love to see that match up!
  • Crash427
    Crash427
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Proc sets aren't a counter to ballgroups. A ballgroup can burst down just about anyone in anything in the 8 seconds between crimson procs.
    Edited by Crash427 on January 10, 2021 7:23PM
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a typical troll build I saw yesterday:

45k health warden
    Sellistrix, crimson and venomous smite hit me so that's his build
    super fast, maybe ring of wild hunt or 3 swift
    Add the usual dawnbreaker and shalks

I don't know how they have the resources to heal and fight but there it is

Jump away trolls
    Edited by Theignson on January 10, 2021 7:57PM
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • dcmgti
    dcmgti
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I think procs are a problem and sometimes I don't. Do I think a warden "needs" crimson? Not at all, do some classes really benefit from the crimson healing? Absolutely if they are using crimson to its fullest potential. But we can't pick and choose who can wear it and who can't. Malacath and crazy stacked weapon damage is what brought on the tank meta in my eyes, along with really powerful snipes and lightning heavy attack builds. Naturally when people can't burst down a tank they look for more damage in procs.

Heavy armor is almost required now for most people, which sucks because I really liked playing my magplar in light. But still with 30k+ resists and 30k health standing in my rune last night while using all my stam to cc break(which i never did succeed, just stood there bashing looking dumb) I died to 3 13k ticks of lightning staff heavy attack damage from one person in a very short time. So what does that make me want to do? Naturally I want to use mist since cc break doesn't work 90% of the time, then mist doesnt work 50% of the time, but I couldn't bar swap. So naturally now I want to stack more health because with as much health and resists as I have I shouldn't die to 3 ticks of lightning heavy attack.....Nobody should.

But what if cc break worked? What if lag didnt prevent me from bar swapping while cc'd so that I can get into mist or use RAT? What if cc immunity worked like it should?

Snipe hits really hard, I don't have a problem with archers. Its not my playstyle and probably never will be. I have a problem with the desync it causes. I also don't have a problem with Malacath because you have to give up something to gain something. I think Malacath should only affect class abilities though and not sets. Do I think some things are broken? Absolutely.

To me its all the little things that has brought pvp to this place. Lag, non working cc breaks, cc immunity not working, lag, desyncs, lag, stuck in combat, can bar swap, can't use that skill, lag, cc break not working, block not working, lag and my absolute most favorite of all time- I cast ele drain on another player before toppling charge....Toppling charge won't cast....in the corner of my screen I see "that person is busy". The most annoying is a light attack escapist poison pulling you of your mount and immobilizing you. Fine with the immobilize, but pulling someone off their mount with a simple LA poison and you are immobilized after just doesn't seem right. Really more of an annoyance, especially if the person decides they don't want to fight and now you have to jog across half the map because you can't sprint and stuck in combat.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moving on, NO changes made to the PvP system in months YEARS

fixed that title for ya :)
    Edited by geonsocal on January 11, 2021 2:13AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dcmgti wrote: »
    Sometimes I think procs are a problem and sometimes I don't. Do I think a warden "needs" crimson? Not at all, do some classes really benefit from the crimson healing? Absolutely if they are using crimson to its fullest potential. But we can't pick and choose who can wear it and who can't. Malacath and crazy stacked weapon damage is what brought on the tank meta in my eyes, along with really powerful snipes and lightning heavy attack builds. Naturally when people can't burst down a tank they look for more damage in procs.

Heavy armor is almost required now for most people, which sucks because I really liked playing my magplar in light. But still with 30k+ resists and 30k health standing in my rune last night while using all my stam to cc break(which i never did succeed, just stood there bashing looking dumb) I died to 3 13k ticks of lightning staff heavy attack damage from one person in a very short time. So what does that make me want to do? Naturally I want to use mist since cc break doesn't work 90% of the time, then mist doesnt work 50% of the time, but I couldn't bar swap. So naturally now I want to stack more health because with as much health and resists as I have I shouldn't die to 3 ticks of lightning heavy attack.....Nobody should.

But what if cc break worked? What if lag didnt prevent me from bar swapping while cc'd so that I can get into mist or use RAT? What if cc immunity worked like it should?

Snipe hits really hard, I don't have a problem with archers. Its not my playstyle and probably never will be. I have a problem with the desync it causes. I also don't have a problem with Malacath because you have to give up something to gain something. I think Malacath should only affect class abilities though and not sets. Do I think some things are broken? Absolutely.

To me its all the little things that has brought pvp to this place. Lag, non working cc breaks, cc immunity not working, lag, desyncs, lag, stuck in combat, can bar swap, can't use that skill, lag, cc break not working, block not working, lag and my absolute most favorite of all time- I cast ele drain on another player before toppling charge....Toppling charge won't cast....in the corner of my screen I see "that person is busy". The most annoying is a light attack escapist poison pulling you of your mount and immobilizing you. Fine with the immobilize, but pulling someone off their mount with a simple LA poison and you are immobilized after just doesn't seem right. Really more of an annoyance, especially if the person decides they don't want to fight and now you have to jog across half the map because you can't sprint and stuck in combat.

What a painful report. Things seem dramatic in Cyrodiil. :(
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how i can cast ranged attacks that require a target to cast in cyro and the resourse is spent but the skill does not land on target. I see "target is out of range" on the screen. Well, thank you, very nice.
  • SimonBelmont
    SimonBelmont
    ✭✭✭
    Item set proc effects should be reduced in potency by a %, while in PvP zones and instances. These procs are clearly tuned with boss health-pools in mind, which are obviously far larger than any player will ever have...by about a hundred times over.

As for Mist Form...vampires should be dramatically weaker or even die within minutes, when the sun is up. That's even canon throughout most of the Elder Scrolls games.

I hate vampires. Though, you may have already guessed that...