Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Changes that I would like to see for Templars

StarOfElyon
StarOfElyon
✭✭✭✭✭
First, let me say that I appreciate the hard work that game developers put into these games. I appreciate their efforts to make the game better. I have some suggestions for the Templar class to fix what I see as deficiencies and to improve on what is already there. I believe it's worth it's own thread and I want to be sure that someone at ZOS has seen it. Again, these are suggestions, not demands.

SKILLS:

Under Healing Ritual:

Hasty Prayer should be turned into a self-targeted vigor-like heal, meaning it will have a small burst heal with a HoT, and still give minor expedition.

Explosive Charge needs a buff. Maybe have it do BIG AoE damage to make it a worthy alternative to Toppling Charge.

Backlash should scale with spell damage instead of max magicka. For Purifying Light, the AoE HoT should be effective upon cast, not when it ends (which forces the player to remain in that spot to get the heal).

Also - and this is purely a cosmetic thing - I can't stand the green color of Power Of The Light (it should be white or gold to fit better with the Templar theme, in my opinion. Just make it gold and keep the swirling effect that it has to distinguish it.

Empowering Sweep lost the major protection that it used to have so why not have it heal the caster over time for the amount of the damage done. Since the empower buff is redundant on Templars (they get it from Solar Barrage), it's a waste of an ultimate. It can be called the Auroral Sweep or something.

Unstable Core could add a better CC to the Templar kit if it was made into an AoE skill the size of Time Stop or Negate. Rather than placing a dark bubble on an opponent, a large area can be targeted. Opponents in that area experience the same effects as the old Unstable Core everytime they use a direct damage attack against the caster or his/her group. The Templar can target the area around his self and create a "house" that damages attacking opposition. So the new description (with a name change) would read as follows:

Sanctuary (for example)
- Creates a luminous sphere at the target location that harms enemies with growing intensity anytime they use a Direct Damage attack. Limited to one. Their first attack reduces their movement speed by 30% for 4 seconds and deals 273 Magic Damage, their second attack immobilizes them for 3 seconds and deals 548 Magic Damage, and their third attack stuns them for 3 seconds and deals 822 Magic Damage. The effects can activate once every 1 second.

And more Templar shining light/glowing effects! (power fantasy dammit)

PASSIVES:

There are so many that are worthless. I'm leveling my second templar now (a tank) and I'm looking at passives like, "that feels like a waste of a skill point". I never felt that way when leveling a Necro and a DK.

Burning Light is worthless outside of Jabs/Sweeps and Spear Shards. Maybe what we should do is make the Piercing Spear passive the Burning Light passive. And the new Piercing Spear passive should be a penetration bonus to Aedric Spear abilities. For clarity:

The new Burning Light passive should be:
- Increase your Critical Damage by 10%
- Increase your damage done to blocking to target 10%

The new Piercing Spear passive should be:
- Adds (?) penetration to your Aedric Spear abilities.

Illuminate should give both Minor Sorcery and Minor Brutality (to help stamina players or hybrids). So that passive would look like this:

Illuminate:
- Casting a Dawn's Wrath ability grants Minor Brutality to you and Minor Sorcery to you and your group for 20 seconds, increasing your Spell and Weapon Damage by 10%.
(Edited so that Minor Brutality is only given to the caster but Minor Sorcery still applies to the group)

Light Weaver should effect the caster when under 50% health, not just allies. As it is now, the passive does the following: "When you heal an ally under 50% Health with a Restoring Light ability, you grant them 2 Ultimate."

But what if the Templar is solo? What good does this passive do then? None. At the very least, the caster should receive 2 Ultimate as well.

Balanced Warrior should give both weapon damage and spell damage bonuses, as well as bonuses to spell resistance and physical resistance. Why one or the other? As it is, it's fine for stamina Templars but 6% weapon damage does nothing for magicka Templars. So the new passive would look like this:

Balanced Warrior
- Increases your Spell and Weapon Damage by 6%. Increases Spell and Physical Resistance by 2640.

Master Ritualist should give Templars a 10% chance to remove one negative effect when casting a heal on their self or an ally. As it stands, this is another example of Templar passives being more beneficial to the team than the Templar their self. So the new passive would read like this:

Master Ritualist
- When you heal yourself or an ally, you have a 10% chance to remove one negative effect. Increases resurrection speed by 20%. Resurrected allies return with 100% more Health. Gives you a 50% chance to fill an empty Soul Gem after each successful resurrection.

If the calculations are too much, instead of having a 10% chance, every 10th cast of a Restoring Light ability can remove one negative effect.

So that's it for this round of suggestions. I hope someone at ZOS takes them into consideration.
Edited by StarOfElyon on January 12, 2021 12:17AM
  • Iki
    Iki
    ✭✭✭
    Nice ideas. I only disagree with your suggestion regarding Illuminate passive, as minor brutality is dragonknight thing, buff that DKs can bring to table and should remain that way, just like minor sorcery is buff that only templars can give to allies. Lets not try to "steal" nice things from other classes in attempts to buff your own class. These minor buffs, sorcery, brutality, savagery and prophecy are there spread to all old classes to encourage class-diversity in group-content and I really like that idea.
    That minor sorcery is probably also the reason why balanced warrior passive only give wep dmg now, but i agree with you that it should give both wep and spell dmg, just like both resistances, magplars need and deserve at least that much dps buffing.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iki wrote: »
    Nice ideas. I only disagree with your suggestion regarding Illuminate passive, as minor brutality is dragonknight thing, buff that DKs can bring to table and should remain that way, just like minor sorcery is buff that only templars can give to allies. Lets not try to "steal" nice things from other classes in attempts to buff your own class. These minor buffs, sorcery, brutality, savagery and prophecy are there spread to all old classes to encourage class-diversity in group-content and I really like that idea.
    That minor sorcery is probably also the reason why balanced warrior passive only give wep dmg now, but i agree with you that it should give both wep and spell dmg, just like both resistances, magplars need and deserve at least that much dps buffing.

Balanced warrior is there because it's a (outdated) relic from the game's original design. The 4 minor buffs you're referring to were added quite a bit later. One doesn't have anything to do with the other.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iki wrote: »

Okay, multiple people have brought that up. I edited it.
    Illuminate:
    - Casting a Dawn's Wrath ability grants Minor Brutality to you and Minor Sorcery to you and your group for 20 seconds, increasing your Spell and Weapon Damage by 10%.
    (Edited so that Minor Brutality is only given to the caster but Minor Sorcery still applies to the group)
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have another idea that I will add to my original post:

Unstable Core could add a better CC to the Templar kit if it was made into an AoE skill the size of Time Stop or Negate. Rather than placing a dark bubble on an opponent, a large area can be targeted. Opponents in that area experience the same effects as the old Unstable Core everytime they use a direct damage attack against the caster or his/her group. The Templar can target the area around his self and create a "house" that damages attacking opposition. So the new description (with a name change) would read as follows:

Sanctuary (for example)
    - Creates a luminous sphere at the target location that harms enemies with growing intensity anytime they use a Direct Damage attack. Limited to one. Their first attack reduces their movement speed by 30% for 4 seconds and deals 273 Magic Damage, their second attack immobilizes them for 3 seconds and deals 548 Magic Damage, and their third attack stuns them for 3 seconds and deals 822 Magic Damage. The effects can activate once every 1 second.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also like to see Radial Sweep in general getting some defensive component. Major protection is no longer as overpowered, so why not? Though when the ult gets too much value, then it should probably have its cost increased a bit too.

Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see the status effect Blind (enemies miss all offensive attacks) introduced to the Templar (as you say, it fits the Warrior of Light theme of the class).

If you slotted it as a morph of Nova (the logic being is that you are blinded by the Nova), you would then have a more directly defensive alternative to Negate. It would not prohibit enemies from casting buffs or heals (again, only offensive attacks), so it would still be weaker than Negate in most circumstances.

OTOH, Stamina skills would be impacted, unlike Negate, and you could perhaps balance it with a lower cost as well. You could implement it as either a stationary AoE that inflicts Blind (like the current Negate) or else attach it to the use of the synergy and have it be like: "Does X Magic Damage as well as Blinds enemies, causing them to miss their attacks for Y seconds."
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see the status effect Blind (enemies miss all offensive attacks) introduced to the Templar (as you say, it fits the Warrior of Light theme of the class).

If you slotted it as a morph of Nova (the logic being is that you are blinded by the Nova), you would then have a more directly defensive alternative to Negate. It would not prohibit enemies from casting buffs or heals (again, only offensive attacks), so it would still be weaker than Negate in most circumstances.

OTOH, Stamina skills would be impacted, unlike Negate, and you could perhaps balance it with a lower cost as well. You could implement it as either a stationary AoE that inflicts Blind (like the current Negate) or else attach it to the use of the synergy and have it be like: "Does X Magic Damage as well as Blinds enemies, causing them to miss their attacks for Y seconds."

This would be more like a stamina negate because ranged builds could remain outside and still hit targets within the nova area. I like it alot. :) That would alleviate Nova from one of the least used to most used ults. For its high cost, that is not unfair.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • llBlack_Heartll
    llBlack_Heartll
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just wonder if Burning Light Should proc off all Templar Damage Abilities, might need to increase the procs to 5 or 6 ticks but this would encourage more people to slot Templar Damage abilities other than Jabs especially on a stam toon. It would also give the option to slot other spammables instead of jabs, bit more build diversity.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hasty prayer needs to be changed into a health based heal for the Tankplar.

Explosive Charge needs to be the stamina version of Toppling Charge for the Stamplar.

Backlash, god ZOS messed this skill up for on the Power of the light morph making its secondary effect the same as with the Pierce Armor skill. I would like to see ZOS rework backlash and it’s morphs entirely.

Empowering Sweep is the Stamplar morph and Solar Barrage is not used by the Stamplar. So, it makes sense for the Stamplar to get the empower buff from it. They also need to add major protection back to the skill as well since it’s only 10% now and not 30%.

One of the morphs from Eclipse needs to have a cc that a Tankplar can use since we really have no cc that can be used by a Tankplar. Build and make it however you want but it needs to be some kind of AOE and not single target.

Burning Light should build stack that last like 3 seconds so it can be used by other skills in the Aedric Spear skill line because now its just a buff for Puncturing Strikes and its morphs.

Illuminate, hey I’ll take Minor Brutality also, but I don’t see it happening. Especially since power of the light is just about the only skill that a Stamplar uses in the Dawn's Wrath skill line.

Completely agree on the Balanced Warrior idea.

Master Ritualist is ok for what it is. Don’t think they will add the 10% chance because it would just be more calculations for the server to do.

Stay safe and have fun :)
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe this is better then. I added the following:

If the calculations are too much, instead of having a 10% chance, every 10th cast of a Restoring Light ability can remove one negative effect.
  • dcmgti
    dcmgti
    ✭✭✭
    I really hate the way charge and javelin are so telegraphed. Templar I don't feel like has a reliable CC. I can cast toppling charge at a sorc and they can streak and stun me out of it. How does that work? Javelin and toppling rarely cc/stun someone for me, its usually blocked or roll dodged with ease.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dcmgti wrote: »
    I really hate the way charge and javelin are so telegraphed. Templar I don't feel like has a reliable CC. I can cast toppling charge at a sorc and they can streak and stun me out of it. How does that work? Javelin and toppling rarely cc/stun someone for me, its usually blocked or roll dodged with ease.

Well technically aurora javelin is not a stun. It's a knockback. Binding javelin stuns. Thing that does bug me about magplar though is the mag javelin kb does not help run a target down. Toppling chard can but you get desynced if you don't get cc mid charge.
  • dcmgti
    dcmgti
    ✭✭✭
    techyeshic wrote: »
    dcmgti wrote: »

Well technically aurora javelin is not a stun. It's a knockback. Binding javelin stuns. Thing that does bug me about magplar though is the mag javelin kb does not help run a target down. Toppling chard can but you get desynced if you don't get cc mid charge.

Yeah I should have been more specific, binding javelin on my stamplar and toppling on my magplar.
  • N_L
    N_L
    Tankplar needs to become a thing, definitely need health % based heal and/or some more utility so they become viable in endgame content and not just a niche spec
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop. Nerfing. Templars.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N_L wrote: »
    Tankplar needs to become a thing, definitely need health % based heal and/or some more utility so they become viable in endgame content and not just a niche spec

I have previously suggested some changes to Sun Shield that perhaps help give some more utility to the Tankplar skillset while also providing a defensive option for Magplars when outnumbered in PVP.

For the base ability Sun Shield: First, increase the base size of the shield. Perhaps by 10-15%? Shields in general could use a buff across the board to make them more accessible and useful as defensive options in PVP.
    Shields across the board need some help, as they should be one of the primary defensive strengths of mag specs. Currently, their level are a bit too low in order to serve in that manner. The fact that they rely on stacking max-magicka, but are capped at max-health means that their defensive potential is not quite what is should be. Then add on the fact that Battle Spirit cuts their strength by 60%, and you have a series of skills that only see use on Magsorcs. I think it would be reasonable to increase their base strengths by a bit (10-15%), and then decrease the hit that Battle Spirit takes on them down to 40% from 60%.

Then, for the Radiant Ward morph: Change this ability so that it scales off of Max Magicka. This would then make this ability a defensive option for Magplars that would help in situations when they find themselves outnumbered.

Then, the Blazing Shield morph: Change this ability's name to Blinding Shield and instead of storing damage absorbed for the duration, have it deal damage on cast (like the base ability), and also Stun enemies on cast for X seconds, with each enemy up to 6 increasing the duration of the stun. This ability would continue to (like the base ability) scale off of Max Health. This would ideally provide an AoE hard CC option for Tankplars.

Alternatively, Radiant Ward could lose the increasing shield size, keep the Health-Scaling, and gain the AoE Stun on cast, while Blazing shield keeps the damage storing mechanic it currently has, but becoming a Magicka-Scaling shield.
    Edited by ealdwin on January 18, 2021 8:41PM
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ealdwin wrote: »

I have previously suggested some changes to Sun Shield that perhaps help give some more utility to the Tankplar skillset while also providing a defensive option for Magplars when outnumbered in PVP.

For the base ability Sun Shield: First, increase the base size of the shield. Perhaps by 10-15%? Shields in general could use a buff across the board to make them more accessible and useful as defensive options in PVP.
    Shields across the board need some help, as they should be one of the primary defensive strengths of mag specs. Currently, their level are a bit too low in order to serve in that manner. The fact that they rely on stacking max-magicka, but are capped at max-health means that their defensive potential is not quite what is should be. Then add on the fact that Battle Spirit cuts their strength by 60%, and you have a series of skills that only see use on Magsorcs. I think it would be reasonable to increase their base strengths by a bit (10-15%), and then decrease the hit that Battle Spirit takes on them down to 40% from 60%.

Then, for the Radiant Ward morph: Change this ability so that it scales off of Max Magicka. This would then make this ability a defensive option for Magplars that would help in situations when they find themselves outnumbered.

Then, the Blazing Shield morph: Change this ability's name to Blinding Shield and instead of storing damage absorbed for the duration, have it deal damage on cast (like the base ability), and also Stun enemies on cast for X seconds, with each enemy up to 6 increasing the duration of the stun. This ability would continue to (like the base ability) scale off of Max Health. This would ideally provide an AoE hard CC option for Tankplars.

Alternatively, Radiant Ward could lose the increasing shield size, keep the Health-Scaling, and gain the AoE Stun on cast, while Blazing shield keeps the damage storing mechanic it currently has, but becoming a Magicka-Scaling shield.

Interesting ideas.

Disagree on the shield buff in general part. Buff them to much and it would be too strong on Magsorc. It’s fine line to balance shield strength.

Don’t understand the Radiant Ward morph idea. What would be different about it vs. Annulment and its morphs.

I would prefer your idea of a cc on Radiant Ward instead since it is more tank focused then Blazing shield.

The problem with sun shield and its morphs is it’s great for trash mobs but weaker on boss fights when you really need the bigger shield.

• ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

Interesting ideas.

Disagree on the shield buff in general part. Buff them to much and it would be too strong on Magsorc. It’s fine line to balance shield strength.

Don’t understand the Radiant Ward morph idea. What would be different about it vs. Annulment and its morphs.

I would prefer your idea of a cc on Radiant Ward instead since it is more tank focused then Blazing shield.

The problem with sun shield and its morphs is it’s great for trash mobs but weaker on boss fights when you really need the bigger shield.

For your first point, that's kind of the issue with Shields at large; they're either at a point where MagSorcs are too powerful, or their at a point where they're useless on any other spec. Perhaps a buff to all shields would be a bit much, but I do think that perhaps bringing Sun Shield up a bit might make it a bit more desirable/useful. If anything it would at least be a TankPlar buff, granting them a larger shield. But a buff in strength may just be wishful thinking.

The idea behind Radiant Ward would be to give an in-class alternative to Radiant Ward for MagPlars. I am of the opinion that one of the morphs of Sun Shield should scale from Max Magicka. If that's Radiant Ward, then MagPlars gain a damage shield that get's stronger when they're outnumbered; which would ideally help with defense in PVP, as it would give a defensive window that would be strongest when overwhelmed. If that morph is Blazing Shield, then MagPlars gain a damage in-class damage shield that brings offensive power when it breaks, where the offensive power would be scaling from their primary resource. Either option would be of help to MagPlars, it's just a choice of which morph would help them more. (I initially would say Radiant Ward for defense, but Blazing Shield being Magicka Scaling is just as appealing.)

As to what would make it different than Annulment. Mainly just the benefit of having an in-class shield for MagPlars that isn't reliant on a specific number of armor pieces. It would in essence open up a shield option that may work better for different builds depending on what a player was looking for.

I do see where adding the CC to Radiant Ward would make more sense.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should completely reset the class or rework it entirely they have been repeatedly needed because of Breath. We in a state where jabs are hitting for 1.5k in pvp against someone who’s vigor is ticking for 2k with 6k health recovery we have no stuns or viability in this meta. A stat meta is good ish for us but a proc meta is not it’s probs worst class to play solo pvp on Rn or even group if you aren’t a healer
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @StarOfElyon Hey man, it's been a while! Haven't been on the platform since...ugh...Morrowind? Templar still sucks, huh? Depressing...

I think I logged in once like 3 months ago with Stamplar - still rocking the good 'ol NMG+Ravager setup or NMA+some other BS set. Did a BG (took 10 mins to queue) went 15-0 in DM. Queued another and got Relic..went 31-1, team won, had highest points.

Haven't played since. Game movement is too slow, bogged down servers make skill-firing the equivalent of [snip], sets are either outdated or still proc-focused, classes are about as balanced as [snip], Cyrodiil is still like playing in a child's sandbox as an adult with no toys and it seems, after 5 minutes of browsing the forums, [snip]

[edited to remove political and bashing comments]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on January 19, 2021 10:52PM
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All that I want to see is two things on Templar:

1. Blazing Shield = Based on highest stat value, Radiant Ward = Major Brutality/Sorcery to self and group in radius + CC Immunity upon activation for 5 sec (Cooldown 30 sec) because why not....
    2. Get rid of Healing Ritual!!!!! Change to Magicka = HoT, Stamina = Burst heal

I lied...
    3. Reduce cost of restoring light skills!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @StarOfElyon Hey man, it's been a while! Haven't been on the platform since...ugh...Morrowind? Templar still sucks, huh? Depressing...

I think I logged in once like 3 months ago with Stamplar - still rocking the good 'ol NMG+Ravager setup or NMA+some other BS set. Did a BG (took 10 mins to queue) went 15-0 in DM. Queued another and got Relic..went 31-1, team won, had highest points.

Haven't played since. Game movement is too slow, bogged down servers make skill-firing the equivalent of [snip], sets are either outdated or still proc-focused, classes are about as balanced as [snip], Cyrodiil is still like playing in a child's sandbox as an adult with no toys and it seems, after 5 minutes of browsing the forums, [snip]

[edited to remove political and bashing comments]

I quit for a few months too but came back before the proc meta kicked in. I hope ZOS will look at these ideas I'm suggesting here.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

Interesting ideas.

For your first point, that's kind of the issue with Shields at large; they're either at a point where MagSorcs are too powerful, or their at a point where they're useless on any other spec. Perhaps a buff to all shields would be a bit much, but I do think that perhaps bringing Sun Shield up a bit might make it a bit more desirable/useful. If anything it would at least be a TankPlar buff, granting them a larger shield. But a buff in strength may just be wishful thinking.

The idea behind Radiant Ward would be to give an in-class alternative to Radiant Ward for MagPlars. I am of the opinion that one of the morphs of Sun Shield should scale from Max Magicka. If that's Radiant Ward, then MagPlars gain a damage shield that get's stronger when they're outnumbered; which would ideally help with defense in PVP, as it would give a defensive window that would be strongest when overwhelmed. If that morph is Blazing Shield, then MagPlars gain a damage in-class damage shield that brings offensive power when it breaks, where the offensive power would be scaling from their primary resource. Either option would be of help to MagPlars, it's just a choice of which morph would help them more. (I initially would say Radiant Ward for defense, but Blazing Shield being Magicka Scaling is just as appealing.)

As to what would make it different than Annulment. Mainly just the benefit of having an in-class shield for MagPlars that isn't reliant on a specific number of armor pieces. It would in essence open up a shield option that may work better for different builds depending on what a player was looking for.

I do see where adding the CC to Radiant Ward would make more sense.

See your idea behind a class shield for templar and it’s true it would be very nice to have.

Unfortunately, don’t see ZOS giving it to templars since one of the reasons Sorcerer gets it is because in theory, they don’t have the healing that templar have or at least didn’t when the game started which is outdated for sure. Sun shield and its morphs could use an update.

• StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, let me say that I appreciate the hard work that game developers put into these games. I appreciate their efforts to make the game better. I have some suggestions for the Templar class to fix what I see as deficiencies and to improve on what is already there. I believe it's worth it's own thread and I want to be sure that someone at ZOS has seen it. Again, these are suggestions, not demands.

SKILLS:

Under Healing Ritual:

Hasty Prayer should be turned into a self-targeted vigor-like heal, meaning it will have a small burst heal with a HoT, and still give minor expedition.

Explosive Charge needs a buff. Maybe have it do BIG AoE damage to make it a worthy alternative to Toppling Charge.

Backlash should scale with spell damage instead of max magicka. For Purifying Light, the AoE HoT should be effective upon cast, not when it ends (which forces the player to remain in that spot to get the heal).

Also - and this is purely a cosmetic thing - I can't stand the green color of Power Of The Light (it should be white or gold to fit better with the Templar theme, in my opinion. Just make it gold and keep the swirling effect that it has to distinguish it.

Empowering Sweep lost the major protection that it used to have so why not have it heal the caster over time for the amount of the damage done. Since the empower buff is redundant on Templars (they get it from Solar Barrage), it's a waste of an ultimate. It can be called the Auroral Sweep or something.

Sanctuary (for example)

And more Templar shining light/glowing effects! (power fantasy dammit)

PASSIVES:

There are so many that are worthless. I'm leveling my second templar now (a tank) and I'm looking at passives like, "that feels like a waste of a skill point". I never felt that way when leveling a Necro and a DK.

Burning Light is worthless outside of Jabs/Sweeps and Spear Shards. Maybe what we should do is make the Piercing Spear passive the Burning Light passive. And the new Piercing Spear passive should be a penetration bonus to Aedric Spear abilities. For clarity:

The new Burning Light passive should be:
    - Increase your Critical Damage by 10%
    - Increase your damage done to blocking to target 10%

The new Piercing Spear passive should be:
    - Adds (?) penetration to your Aedric Spear abilities.

Illuminate should give both Minor Sorcery and Minor Brutality (to help stamina players or hybrids). So that passive would look like this:

Illuminate:

Light Weaver should effect the caster when under 50% health, not just allies. As it is now, the passive does the following: "When you heal an ally under 50% Health with a Restoring Light ability, you grant them 2 Ultimate."

But what if the Templar is solo? What good does this passive do then? None. At the very least, the caster should receive 2 Ultimate as well.

Balanced Warrior should give both weapon damage and spell damage bonuses, as well as bonuses to spell resistance and physical resistance. Why one or the other? As it is, it's fine for stamina Templars but 6% weapon damage does nothing for magicka Templars. So the new passive would look like this:

Balanced Warrior
    - Increases your Spell and Weapon Damage by 6%. Increases Spell and Physical Resistance by 2640.

Master Ritualist should give Templars a 10% chance to remove one negative effect when casting a heal on their self or an ally. As it stands, this is another example of Templar passives being more beneficial to the team than the Templar their self. So the new passive would read like this:

Master Ritualist
    - When you heal yourself or an ally, you have a 10% chance to remove one negative effect. Increases resurrection speed by 20%. Resurrected allies return with 100% more Health. Gives you a 50% chance to fill an empty Soul Gem after each successful resurrection.

So that's it for this round of suggestions. I hope someone at ZOS takes them into consideration.

"we’re also adjusting all player passives to grant hybrid versions of their stats, so things like Balanced Warrior will give Weapon and Spell Damage plus Armor, rather than Weapon Damage and Spell Resistance."
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/580491/update-31-combat-preview

Yeeees. I hope this is a sign of good things to come.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pffft HAhahaha! They made it a nerf really. Unless you are hybrid...
    Balanced Warrior:
    Now grants 660/1320 Armor, rather than 1320/2640 Spell Resistance.
    Now grants equal Weapon and Spell Damage values.

FFS
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balanced Warrior:

FFS

ZOS: How can we help Templars, while not really helping them at the same time...
  • shrekt4303
    shrekt4303
    ✭✭
    Balanced Warrior:

FFS

ZOS: How can we help Templars, while not really helping them at the same time...

Its signifcant for magplar. The backlash buff is what makes me really happy though.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shrekt4303 wrote: »
    Balanced Warrior:

FFS

Its signifcant for magplar. The backlash buff is what makes me really happy though.

That's not great IMO. Still need to actually hit the target for 1 boom and lag prevents that. Other classes get 2 booms just as big for just casting theirs.

Also; a Psijiic order ability is way better than a templar ultimate now.

Deliberation: This passive no longer grants Major Protection, and instead applies a unique 30% unique damage mitigation to get this passive’s power back to where it was meant to be.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balanced Warrior:

FFS

Bam! Backlash will scale with weapon/spell damage too! Also, exactly what I wanted. So, they got additional physical resistance at the cost of some spell resistance. That's actual balance. How are people reading that as a nerf?
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balanced Warrior:

FFS

Bam! Backlash will scale with weapon/spell damage too! Also, exactly what I wanted. So, they got additional physical resistance at the cost of some spell resistance. That's actual balance. How are people reading that as a nerf?

If you run stamplar, it's nothing but a nerf.