The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Question About Shrouded Daggers, Axes, and the Twin Blade and Blunt Passive

GrumpyDuckling
GrumpyDuckling
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Twin Blade and Blunt:
(WHILE DUAL WIELDING) Grants a bonus based on the type of weapon equipped: Each axe gives your melee attacks an 8% chance to bleed enemies for 1056 Physical Damage over 6 seconds. Each mace causes your attacks to ignore 10% of an enemy's Physical Resistance. Each sword increases your damage done by 3%. Each dagger increases your Weapon Critical rating.

I've never used axes on my builds, so I am wondering if any of you axe users know the answer to this question:
Is the Twin Blade and Blunt passive wasted on axes while using the Shrouded Daggers skill because it's technically not a "melee" skill, and therefore cannot proc the bleed from the axes? Thanks.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your light attacks are melee.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

Right. I'm wondering if the Twin Blade and Blunt passive is wasted on axes while using Shrouded Daggers.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right. I'm wondering if the Twin Blade and Blunt passive is wasted on axes while using Shrouded Daggers.

Not a melee ability.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Not a melee ability.

Yeah, I found a dummy and tested it. It's a bummer because the Twin Blade and Blunt passive is an absolute waste on axes when using the Vateshran dual wield set as a ranged finisher.
    Edited by GrumpyDuckling on January 10, 2021 4:05AM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a melee ability.

Yeah, I found a dummy and tested it. It's a bummer because the Twin Blade and Blunt passive is an absolute waste on axes when using the Vateshran dual wield set as a ranged finisher.

Vateshran dual wield is a sustain set at best (2h is still better for execute damage wise, without losing a set) and the sustain is not even consistent, since u need to attack from behind, and it only happens during the second fight phase...
  • Krevad
    Krevad
    ✭✭

Not a melee ability.

Vateshran dual wield is a sustain set at best (2h is still better for execute damage wise, without losing a set) and the sustain is not even consistent, since u need to attack from behind, and it only happens during the second fight phase...

The sustain is consistent, it’s the damage bonus that’s inconsistent if the boss microturns so you aren’t ‘behind’