The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Crates guy turning up with zone changes, opening inventory, alt tabbing, etc

Catmophere
Catmophere
✭✭
Hi - I have the strangest bug... the crown crates guy is turning up all the time and I don't know why!?!?!?! :D

He turns up when I change zones so he's right there when I turn up at the wayshrine. If I alt tab. If I open my inventory. I showed a friend and he told me that it's not the full screen it's a broken screen. If I go and select the crown crates option I can choose 'exit' and he finally goes away. He'll pop up again fairly quickly. If I just ignore him this visual artefact gets left on the landscape until I come back to it, or it can jump around (which looks bizarre).

I've never bought crown crates and I won't be any time soon (no $ right now). This is a mildly irritating bug that only impacts play in that I can't see the centre of the screen if I was checking inv when about to go into combat because he's in the way. If I can't fix it though it will be a thing that makes me take a break from the game.

Any suggestions appreciated. I think it started after playing with lazy writ creator settings. I have removed all key bindings to open crown crates (so not a buggy keyboard). Anything else I can try to debug this?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you try just disabling Lazy Writ Creator and seeing if the issue still persists, @Catmophere?

Speaking of add-ons ... are all your add-ons updated to the latest version?
  • Catmophere
    Catmophere
    ✭✭
    Did you try just disabling Lazy Writ Creator and seeing if the issue still persists, @Catmophere?

Speaking of add-ons ... are all your add-ons updated to the latest version?

oh ... that seems to have fixed it. Drat. I really really like that Add On. Although I'm sure it's something I've 'tweaked' to make it behave in such a bizarre way.

Yeah I check Minion at least once a day and update if I see something. Love the mod community here - tyvm!

Now.... how to fix what on earth I've done to Lazy Writ creator...
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since Lazy Writs is the culprit you don't need to get fully rid of it. It has a setting that removes other people's pets (at writ turn in places?). Well the problem is that the tradeoff of having that active is that Pacrooti is EVERYWHERE. Just turn the remove pets functon off and you can keep Lazy Writs.
  • Catmophere
    Catmophere
    ✭✭
    RedMuse wrote: »
    Since Lazy Writs is the culprit you don't need to get fully rid of it. It has a setting that removes other people's pets (at writ turn in places?). Well the problem is that the tradeoff of having that active is that Pacrooti is EVERYWHERE. Just turn the remove pets functon off and you can keep Lazy Writs.

Oh that fixed it. Yeah no way did I want to get rid of Lazy Writs - way too useful :).

Thank you!
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy to see you fixed it 😊
    Edited by wishlist14 on January 9, 2021 9:24PM