The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cant sell items at fence in Thieves Guild.

Rhyiann
Rhyiann
Is there a level restriction on fencing items at thieves guild? I dont seem to be able to sell anything. Although I have stolen items in my inventory, at the store 'sell' tab nothing shows up.
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can just sell a certain number of stolen items a day
    TherealHämähäkki
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can just sell a certain number of stolen items a day

They would still show, AFAIK.

There are items, though, that can only be laundered. I'd check that tab.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are the boxes that you can loot from Thieves Troves that have to be opened before you can sell the contents. Could it be that you are seeing those unopened in your inventory?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ If none of the above answer your question, @Rhyiann, maybe post a screenshot of what you're trying to fence so forum-goers can help ...
  • Rhyiann
    Rhyiann
    Thank you for your answers but none of these answer my question i am afraid. I checked both laundry and fence tab while i had more than 12 stolen items in the inventory. None of those appeared in any of the tabs.I havent sold anything yet there. Regrettably, I have no stolen items in my inventory right now as I had to make space last night. I thought maybe my thieves- guild level is too low to fence, or there are unwanted items from the trader. I will make a run to gather some items and then I will post a screenshot for you to check it out. Thank you
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    Too long ago for me to remember about the Thieves Guild Fence and whether or not he is available to you if you have not done any Thieves Guild quests -- but perhaps that is the reason.

In any event, try to sell the stolen items at any Fence in any Outlaws Refuge. They should take your items.

:smiley:
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too long ago for me to remember about the Thieves Guild Fence and whether or not he is available to you if you have not done any Thieves Guild quests -- but perhaps that is the reason.

In any event, try to sell the stolen items at any Fence in any Outlaws Refuge. They should take your items.

:smiley:
    You do not need to do any quests to launder, you need to do some quests to do heists however.
    And yes this is weird. Items outside of the boxes from the thief troves should be able to clear, some items like treasure maps can not be laundered only clear.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are they the items on Kari's Hit List are they? They won't show at a fence as you have to place them in the Thieves Guild itself
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just so you know, stolen item caches Usually have to be interacted with in your inventory and stolen goods have to be taken out of the cache (with stolen ones, make sure no NPCs are looking as it will incur a bounty. If it is a laundered cache which are usually earned from thieves guild dailies, you’ll have no trouble from NPCs and can be opened in front of them)

You open the cache and take the items out of it and then, if it’s stolen, speak to a fence about getting them sold/laundered. If items in a “laundered cache” are retrieved, see a normal merchant about selling them since they are already clean. (Alternatively, clean items from a laundered cache can be held on to as the thieves guild dailies may involve giving a client specific clean items on occasion.)

Tip: With fences, they have a number of slots for selling/laundering stolen goods, once they are full, you gotta wait around 20-24 hours before you can sell/launder more. slots can be increased by upgrading the “Trafficker” legerdemain passive.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say at this point we really need screenshots of OP's inventory and fence window
  • Technica
    Technica
    ✭✭✭
    You should be able to sell things right off the bat to any Fence in any Outlaws Refuge
    You don't need to have even started the Thieves Guild DLC for this.
    You cannot sell stolen items to Merchants unless you launder them through the fence first.

As previously mentioned, make sure you first open any containers of stolen items you pick up. You can't just sell the container from your inventory. I can't remember what these are called ("Stolen Goods" maybe) it will be a white named item with a crate icon in your inventory. You will also be caught stealing if you open it in front of NPCs as far as I can recall, so do it somewhere you won't be seen.

Also as mentioned, you can only sell a limit of items per day. This will reset when the server refreshes overnight.
    The Trafficker skill in the World>Legerdemain tree effects how many items per day you can sell/launder.

Also bear in mind that if you have a stack of items - EG. Lockpicks x10 - if you fence these it will count as 10 items, not 1.

Just a thought: you haven't "locked" any of them in your inventory have you? If you have unlock them and they should show up to sell.
    Edited by Technica on January 8, 2021 7:16PM
    You will know me by my eye. | Adventuring since beta | PC EU | ESO+ | I recommend this reshade (Example Screenshots)