The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Playing Solo - unable to collect Lorebook from Spindleclutch

JARTHEGREY
JARTHEGREY
✭✭✭
I'm playing Solo PvE - no interest in joining guilds etc.

I'm also a bit of a completionist and like to collect all the Lore books but I've now hit a snag. Seems at least 1 Lorebook in each region is in a Multiplayer Group Dungeon and I just don't have the killing power to get past the main Boss(es) on my own.

In the early regions I could sneak around and get them, the latest one (SpindleClutch) requires that I kill the Boss before being able to progress to the next part of the dungeon where the Lorebook resides.

This doesn't seem fair. I KNOW it's meant to be a MultiPlayer game but surely for those that prefer SOLO gaming, it's not fair to do this?

So my question is this. Do I have any other option other than to join a guild or team up and form a group to get through the dungeon?
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, you do. Look up solo builds for your class, level up, if you haven't yet, and solo the dungeon

Edit to add: it's not about ESO being a MMO, it's about group content being, well, group content.
    Edited by Nairinhe on December 15, 2020 4:48PM
  • KaGaOri
    KaGaOri
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have only two options here:

1) get strong enough to solo the dungeon
    2) bring more people

Normal Spindle 1 is fairly easy and there is no mechanic needing more than one player. You don't even have to kill final boss if book is all you want. May have to hold on collecting this book till you are higher level / more skilled, though. Or you can hold your nose and team up with people just this once to collect it right now. Don't have to become part of guild or socialize in chat to do it, since dungeonfinder is a thing.
  • MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just press P and queue for spindleclutch on normal difficulty, you will have it done in 10 mins unless it's a completely useless group.
  • MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also by the way what exactly is not fair here? You don't need to collect every single book to fully level up Mages Guild so it's about your choice to 100% it.

If i choose to be a solo player and also a completionist, let's say i decided to collect every item set in the game, is it unfair that i won't be able to get the trial gear?

Your argument seems very flawed, i mean, yeah it would be unfair if it prevented you from fully leveling Mages Guild but it doesn't, you just want to 100% something while playing 10% of the game, i think it's very fair that you won't be able to.
    Edited by MrBrownstone on December 19, 2020 1:40AM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if you're solo, normal Spindleclutch is within your reach. If not now, then eventually. You'll just need to skill up a bit to do it.

However, there will be things absolutely locked behind group content. Some dungeons mechanically require another player to proceed so that may be an issue later on.
  • JARTHEGREY
    JARTHEGREY
    ✭✭✭
    Also by the way what exactly is not fair here? You don't need to collect every single book to fully level up Mages Guild so it's about your choice to 100% it.

If i choose to be a solo player and also a completionist, let's say i decided to collect every item set in the game, is it unfair that i won't be able to get the trial gear?

Your argument seems very flawed, i mean, yeah it would be unfair if it prevented you from fully leveling Mages Guild but it doesn't, you just want to 100% something while playing 10% of the game, i think it's very fair that you won't be able to.

I meant only that it was unfair in terms of those like me that prefer reading up on all the Lore rather than leveling up and fighting. Thanks for all the replies, I'll just wait until I'm a bit stronger to Solo it.

• MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like i said, you don't need to wait. It's one of the beginner dungeons and there is no reason to be afraid to queue. Nobody is going to complain about your damage etc in normal content, it's trivial.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"