The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Multi-set crafting stations

ninibini
ninibini
✭✭✭
Right now we have 53 craftable sets in the game. So in total there are 212 furnishing slots needed, to have all of them in a house.
And there are more coming in the future.

I'm fine with the concept of the attunable stations and their costs, but I would really like to have just one crafting station per crafting skill that lets me craft all of the sets I have attuned stations for.

What I have in mind would be a "master furnishing station" that acts like a container in which you can place the attunable stations you have acquired. And then in the crafting menu you would be able to choose from all of the stored sets.
I don't particularly care whether it should be possible to retrieve stored stations again, however I really would like to make use of the attuned stations I already have.

This would reduce the number of furnishing slots to 4 and it would greatly improve the user experience of crafting, It would make it so much easier to craft varied set items (e.g. for master writs). Keeping the stations organized in one’s home is quite the challenge.
Edited by ninibini on January 27, 2020 1:41PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. The sheer amount of attunable stations that I have means that a large chunk of the available furnishing spaces are taken up by those stations. Also am limited on which houses are actually functional enough to accommodate all of them.

To me, the cost is fine, the system is fine, just let us combine them to make it more functional

AND NOT AS A CROWN STORE ITEM... That would just be sleazy.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's my thought. I would like to see a merge/consolidate function that would allow a player's current attunables to be learned into a master stations for each craft. In theory nothing else in the existing process would have to change. By making it a right click option it would even allow players who want rows of stations to opt out.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lesser clutter would mean better performance and lesser coding, but with one exception, smarter coding will be required. They can just add a drop-down menu to select which set we want to prepare.

I've been in those guild houses where they have these corridors of tables laid out and it takes an eternity to find the one we are looking for going through a drop-down will be a lifesaver and make the playthrough all the more enjoyable.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Please have this sent to the team as a suggestion, we would all appreciate it very much. Thanks in advance.
  • Bodži
    Bodži
    ✭✭
    Solution: Consume attunable station to add set to multi set station :smile:
    Why walk when you can ride?
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My suggestion is to have these multi-attunement stations account bound, and each attunement part of a meta achievement. So each time you unlock a new set, you have it for your account, and you can place these attunable stations the same way like busts, in all your houses.

Might be an idea to allow merging already attuned stations into the multi-attuned one.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • SwansEye
    SwansEye
    ✭✭
    Yes, please! :-) We've been asking for this for at least 2 years now, and more and more voices are chiming in with the same thought as new sets are added. With a perfect crafting house on the horizon (Forgemaster Falls), perhaps this idea's time has finally come? Please, please @ZOS_GinaBruno ? <3

If these were collectible furnishings that could be placed in multiple homes to provide access to all the sets "contained" in them (like the storage chests), it would be a wonderful additional QoL improvement. Instead of visiting the same home every time I needed to craft, I could go to whichever home best suited my mood at the moment. There are many lovely homes, and of course I'd put more effort into decorating them and buying more furnishings for them if I actually had a reason to visit them regularly. *wink, wink, ZOS* ;)

This is my #1 wish for the game right now. Having to free up furnishing slots and physical space, and then rearrange the whole thing alphabetically yet again every time new craftable sets are released is a major pain point. It makes me dread updates more than I get excited for them, and that's not how a game should make me feel. If I could just walk up to 4 different tables and drop in my freshly attuned stations... wow. How awesome that would be!
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ill post it here as well, but I have long suggested this solution.

I would be in favor of an all inclusive upgradeable crafting station. Let's call it a "Master Craft Table". If you buy the "Master Craft Woodworking Table" you can upgrade it with the Julianos set, provided you have an attuned julianos woodworking table in your inventory. Upgrading the Master Craft Table to include julianos would require some Unification Resin purchasable at the master writ vendor and it will destroy the table in the process. This would give master writs some more use and provide a fancy table to upgrade. That would be my approach to it. This would allow those that want to build their ultimate table to do so, but it is completely not necessary as the tables can function as they have before.

Cost of each Master Craft Table 2500 vouchers
    Cost of Unification Resin to upgrade the table 50 vouchers per table. (200 total per set)
    Total upgrade cost 21,800. (10,000 for the tables and 11,800 for all sets )
    Not necessary to do, but with the growing surplus of vouchers, this would help sink some of them.

Of course the table and the resin can also be made available in the crown store for those that do not wish to use vouchers, but the ever increasing supply of master writs will eventually make them worthless.

But a simple purchasable all inclusive table would be pointless to those that have invested thousands of writs to get tables.
    Edited by Blacknight841 on March 7, 2020 1:56PM
    Edited by Blacknight841 on March 7, 2020 11:25PM
  • Aquatorch
    Aquatorch
    ✭✭✭
    So much YES to this suggestion! Please make something like this happen, ZOS. Right now every house looks like a Chinese sweatshop with the hundreds of stations everywhere.
  • harakira
    harakira
    ✭✭
    Are you going to cancel subscription afterward this been implemented? :D
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With reconstructing available at transmute stations now, the template is there now for multiple sets to share a station.

Hoping beyond hope that they add something like this soon - after the next chapter's sets I won't be able to physically fit any more in without giving up all pretense that it can look good too. It's bad enough that I've been forced to move to Coldharbour to get enough space as it is. I feel like I'm being punished for wanting to craft easier
    PS4 EU
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The concept of master tunable tables has been suggested several times and I fully endorse it every time.

The original system was okay . . . well, originally, but it has vastly outgrown its scalability. Our beautiful full service guild hall has been forced into a warehouse sea of tables. And as carefully and logically as our guild hall manager tries to decorate and lay out the tables, it still takes longer and longer to find one and our beautiful guildhall is getting uglier and uglier. It broke my heart when our guild moved from our beautiful Hunding's Palace hall to the Alinor Palace to gain 100 slots. A much less inviting place.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yup, also furnitures need rework fot the same reason - we have too many recipes and this is very messy. For sets they can adapt UI from collections, so this shouldn't be a big deal to implement. With furnitures will be more work, but this also becames more and more important with every year.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • ninibini
    ninibini
    ✭✭✭
    I am collecting the stations for myself, and actually had to move out of my favorite house as well, because I ran out of housing slots. Very sad...

Also the selection of styles gets very cumbersome by now. They are not sorted, and you just have to find the style you want in the list by scrolling. Not very intuitive. Although, I doubt many actually craft different styles anymore and it's just needed for master writs.

• QenQuni
    QenQuni
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree with the current number of 62 craftable sets x4 tables makes 248 furniture slots used just on the tables alone, It would be appreciated when you keep adding more and more that at least the total amount of furniture we can place in a house also gets increased... or for example merge the 4 tables of a complete set to count as 1 furniture slot :blush:
    Order of the Panda, Red Pandas and Golden Pandas Trading guilds PS4 EU
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For me fun idea would be a new unique stations with new model, for every craftable set. Why new model? Beacuse if this will some extra station for everything, it can be some really big, special station like Skyforge in Skyrim (maybe not that big, you get the idea). Of course it's nothing really important, but it would be a nice addition.

Of course at start there should be blank stations to buy, with possibility to manualy collect every set station, so you must go to original crafting location and activate somehow new set and then it will be added to your super, dope, ultimate, legendary crafting station.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • ninibini
    ninibini
    ✭✭✭
    Skinny Cheeks made a video mentioning this post.

Attunable Crafting Stations 3:47
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu7q4mIkuns
    Edited by ninibini on January 25, 2022 2:48PM
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    QenQuni wrote: »
    I totally agree with the current number of 62 craftable sets x4 tables makes 248 furniture slots used just on the tables alone, It would be appreciated when you keep adding more and more that at least the total amount of furniture we can place in a house also gets increased... or for example merge the 4 tables of a complete set to count as 1 furniture slot :blush:

Try 68 - will be over 70 next chapter. I have a light between all the sets too, just because I like some separation. That's 340 slots with another 15 every new zone. I've been taking out random rocks and plants every time but I'm about out now so will have to start losing the lights, which I'll be quite unhappy about.

Since they introduced the Cyrodiil sets with a Q1 update I'm in constant fear of more surprise set at this time of year! :D
    PS4 EU
  • imno007b14_ESO
    imno007b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, the system as is more than a little ridiculous. I'm not sure how it's possible the devs could think it's fine as is :*