The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Getting mostly only Chaosball in BGs.

Alutora
Alutora
✭✭✭

Hi all 😊
So, yesterday I did BGs most of the day. To be precise about 28. I got:

Chaosball - 12
Domination - 6
Crazy King - 2
Relic - 7
Death Match - 1

I am definitely grateful that it’s possible to que with friends, however I can’t help but notice that I get barely any death match. It’s the game I enjoy the most, and sometimes it’s DAYS I don’t get one. I feel like I am only doing a random chaosball. Some time many many times in a row. And it’s not fun for me to spend almost every BG to sprint after some ball.

Even though I am tired with all this chaosball marathon every day, I am not leaving the bg, but it discourages me from playing bgs altogether. Today I queued 4 times and 4 chaosballs so far and I am just tired at this point.

Am I just being unlucky? Or am I weird and people actually love chaosball the most and that’s why is ZoS pushing for it?

Anyone is experience this as well? Is there any way to get higher chance to queue for certain game?

Best Answer

• MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are getting unlucky, but the current system makes it so the most popular game mode, deathmatch, comes up an average 20% of the time. So it's not going to be hard to get a little unlucky and see it very infrequently, like only 10% of the time on a given day. And even if you get lucky, you're going to be looking at only getting it about a third of the time on an extended BG session.

ZOS needs to make death match result more frequently from matchmaking. The current system makes the BG experience much less enjoyable. I acknowledge that some folks may not actually prefer death match, but I believe it's safe to say that the vast majority do. When we could pick our game modes, the deathmatch leaderboards always had much higher scores from top to bottom then the other modes. This is clearly because deathmatch was getting selected and played more. Furthermore, I'm sure ZOS has data that reflects which modes were selected when mode selection was an option. They can see that the community has a preference for death match. They need to act on that knowledge, and improve the experience.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
    Answer ✓
  • Alutora
    Alutora
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your reply. Absolutely agree! I used to always que for death match only. The other games are ok though, just not chaosball...because I get it all day every day 😞
    I would absolutely loved that if death match had higher % to come. All my friends prefer this game over any other.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn’t Chaosball just Deathmatch with aoe environmental damage? 😆
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • ImSoPro
    ImSoPro
    ✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Basically lol. This new queue made me realize I like chaosball and crazy king more than deathmatch. Simply because you can run the kills up higher and the whole lobby is usually in one location, on top of the chaosball or at the crazy king flag.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

I can't bring myself to ignore the objective. It's sad that ZOS has created a scenario in which doing so is the best workaround.

For me, Chaosball is just glorified keep away.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • allup8679
    allup8679
    ✭✭✭
    I've been getting Relic more it seems and I absolutely hate it.