The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Alliance change token issue?

Flake
Flake
✭✭✭
Hi there,

So I've used an Alliance change token to move an AD character to DC. I made sure that no other AD characters were in Cyrodiil or homed to the main campaign. However, after using the token, it did change my faction and placed me in the major city as advertised, however it still states the campaign is locked for a further 27 days to AD.

Is this normal while the 12 hour wait occurs? or is this broken?

Many thanks.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Flake

We have an article below that explains how these tokens should work.

Alliance Change Token
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Flake
    Flake
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_BillE

Yeah unfortunately it looks bugged. This is the response from Support.

We understand there are some frustrations currently when logging into a character that was previously in a 30-day faction locked campaign, and automatically being re-locked into the same Alliance. In the future, we will be adding some protections against this scenario.

So not sure what to do since i'm still locked to that original faction.
  • Flake
    Flake
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

Here is the support ticket.

200527-003256

Something needs to be done as its a paid service that doesn't work and is bugged. So can someone either unlock the campaign for the alliance changed character or revert the character back to its original faction and refund the crowns?
  • Flake
    Flake
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

Any update at all? Not being able to do pvp due to a bug for a paid service is not the best.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Flake

Thank you for posting the ticket number. I'm showing the ticket was opened successfully and is now awaiting a support agent to review it. Please be aware that support is experiencing high volume leading to delays.
    Staff Post
  • mountaineer178
    have no fear, they will have it fixed in 28 days!
  • Prainx
    Prainx
    Soul Shriven
    Having the same issue
  • Flake
    Flake
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit disappointing when they can simply unlock the campaign on your account.

But we wait....
  • Flake
    Flake
    ✭✭✭
    Another downtime, still no fix...

You can't release something in the crown store if you actually cant deliver what it promises.
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flake wrote: »

You can't release something in the crown store if you actually cant deliver what it promises.

To be fair it did do what it promised. It moved you from AD to DC.. They just forgot to mention you would miss an entire camp on that character for doing it :) Good luck, hopefully they get back to you! (Low-key bumped your post for exposure)
    Edited by DTAmoral on May 29, 2020 4:10PM
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • Prainx
    Prainx
    Soul Shriven

ji4f6ekahj69.jpg

"A new home campaign can be chosen after 12 hours" Another down time for the 1st.... What wonder full PVE content will still be fixed?

Im also still missing my "Greymoor™ Digital Collector’s Edition Upgrade in" game items. =)

• Flake
    Flake
    ✭✭✭
    DTAmoral wrote: »

To be fair it did do what it promised. It moved you from AD to DC.. They just forgot to mention you would miss an entire camp on that character for doing it :) Good luck, hopefully they get back to you! (Low-key bumped your post for exposure)

Hahah well it did. The worst thing is, if by design it was meant to be like that, then fair enough. I screwed up. It doesn't make sense due to it being catered for pvp and being locked every 30days. Loss of revenue for ZOS.

However when Support got back to me and said:

We understand there are some frustrations currently when logging into a character that was previously in a 30-day faction locked campaign, and automatically being re-locked into the same Alliance. In the future, we will be adding some protections against this scenario.

Then that irked me considering its a paid service, it doesn't fully do what it's meant to, they know it has issues, but they released it anyway.

It all wraps up with the Greymoor experience I guess. You only have to read the forums to see the frustrations people are having.
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got the same issue, bought 3 tokens on Tuesday and still can't set a home campaign unless I pay 150k AP on each toon.
    That was £40 well spent lol.

Ticket number: 200259-007819
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Flake - I've sent you another update on your open ticket.

@JWGartz_ESO - What is your current ticket number?

@Hamish999 - Please check your forum inbox for a ticket update.
    Staff Post
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »

Thanks @ZOS_BillE, I appreciate the response.
    I also realise that the customer service people have a huge work load on right now in exceptional and extraordinary circumstances and I'm sure this will get resolved in due time :)
    PC-EU

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • Flake
    Flake
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »

Thank you @ZOS_BillE , I've responded to the ticket, so hopefully they see it.
  • Prainx
    Prainx
    Soul Shriven
    Hi @ZOS_BillE my ticket is 200528-007486

Unrelated is there a way to change forum name? Never chose this one had it since 2013😀
    Edited by Prainx on June 1, 2020 8:10AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @JWGartz_ESO

I'm sent you a PM regarding your ticket.

As for updating your forum username, you can post a request in this thread.
    Staff Post
  • Flake
    Flake
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_BillE

How long does an escalated ticket take to respond? It's been 24 hours without a comment.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Flake

The normal timeframe would be between 24 to 48 hours, however with high ticket volume the response may take longer.
    Staff Post
  • Flake
    Flake
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

Will this be fixed in todays patch maintenance?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Flake

This issue will not be fixed by the patch in today's maintenance. You can find the most recent patch notes here.
    Staff Post
  • Flake
    Flake
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

Understanding the challenges with COVID, but having a ticket in the system for 9 days, which has been responded too and escalated to again not be responded too, is getting a little stale.

Surely if the ticket is picked up by a representative it shouldn't take 48+ hours for them to respond, otherwise there is clearly no ETA for resolution.
  • Prainx
    Prainx
    Soul Shriven
    Cant play the game at the moment any chance of getting this moved along? @ZOS_BillE or at least get a refund on crowns so i can move back?
  • Flake
    Flake
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

Any update on this or our tickets?

You can't charge for a service and not deliver what it's meant to do. That's fraud. And not responding to tickets or providing a resolution or refund is still fraud.

The patch notes state:

Note that you will have to wait 12 hours until you can select a new alliance locked home campaign.

The token does not do this. Fraud.
    Edited by Flake on June 5, 2020 4:31PM
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE I have responded to my ticket after recieving the following reply:
    jk7Tm3G.jpg

From the item description: : “Home campaign and associated leaderboard placement will be reset. A new home campaign can be chosen after 12 hours.”

From a previous customer support reply on this ticket: : “We understand there are some frustrations currently when logging into a character that was previously in a 30-day faction locked campaign, and automatically being re-locked into the same Alliance. In the future, we will be adding some protections against this scenario.”

So it is an acknowleged issue with the Alliance change Tokens and they are not working as intended and we should not have to pay an additional 150K AP per character (having already spent around £13 per token).

As you can see even the Alliance War screen says I don't have a home campaign set:
    2jqF5lP.jpg

If this can't be fixed retrospectively can you at least inform me that if I wait out the remainder of the campaign that I will be able to change campaign without penalty on the 3 characters that have used the tokens?
    PC-EU

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • Flake
    Flake
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

Heard a response from Support and its now stated the tokens do not unlock the campaign.

The Alliance Change tokens do not remove the Alliance Lock on campaigns. Moving to a new Alliance means you can move into a new Home Campaign but does not alter the faction lock in place. Using the Crown Store purchase does not change this locking system.

Guess that clears it up for anyone else looking for a response.

Also there is a bug that when you do faction change and join another campaign, you do not get any rewards for the worthy. I'm not sure if this has been hotfixed yet.
  • Prainx
    Prainx
    Soul Shriven
    Whats the point then not really any pvp going on in the other campaigns.
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭
    Campaigns are Still bugged, none of my characters were in cyrodiil when the campaign ended. But they are still locked in Grey host when it was reset. Guess i am never purchasing an alliance token...
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    With this thread being a few months old now, the discussion will be closed going forward. If you are unable to find a recent thread on this topic you can start a new one in General Help.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.