The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Alchemy Writs 'Missing Ingredients / Traits', despite having both.

Fyrsa
Fyrsa
When I do crafting writ on my main character, it says I don't have the required items / traits, despite having both.
Even when I have all the reagents selected and it shows that the potion needed for the writ, still nothing.
When quests only is toggled nothing appears, meaning I have to find each ingredient manually.
This doesn't occur when crafting anything else, those all work normally.
The alchemy bug itself doesn't affect other characters on the same account either.

I'm on PC / EU.

bttg1oielyog.png
Edited by Fyrsa on January 3, 2021 4:09PM
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is happening on my second toon... which knows all the alchemy traits... but it is NOT happening on my first toon, who also knows all the traits, and is working just fine.

Anyone know what's up here?
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »
    This is happening on my second toon... which knows all the alchemy traits... but it is NOT happening on my first toon, who also knows all the traits, and is working just fine.

Anyone know what's up here?

All of my toons are level 50 in Alchemy but not all of them have enough points to spare in Alchemy. I got the same "missing traits" warning on a toon with 2/8 proficiency and a 3/8 proficiency but not on a few with 1/8 proficiency. I leveled up the toon with 3/8 to max, took the Alchemy quest and didn't get the warning.

So, it seems there's a bug but I can only speculate on why it occurs. Most of my toons leveled up to 50 by making lots of low level potions. It might be that the game thinks they don't know how to make the intermediate potions/poisons even though they know all the alchemy traits.

If I can find the points I'll probably just get all my toons to 8/8.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve encountered this too on several characters. I will have to check, but it seems to be most often on characters with 2 or 3 ranks in alchemy, not with 1 rank, even if they barely know enough alchemy traits to create the potion. Character level is not a factor. I will have to look through my characters again to see which still have this bug and what commonalities there may be. 🤔
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks everyone, we're currently testing a fix for this issue.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to verify, in case the information could be helpful, I have a level 50 character with both botanist and toxicologist achievements and 3 ranks in alchemy and I get the missing items/traits message. On characters with only 1 rank, I believe I only get this message if I really don’t know sufficient traits to make the potion. I have never encountered this on my fully ranked and leveled crafter when doing writs regular or master.

Thank you, @ZOS_GinaBruno ! :)
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I posted this on twitter and a couple players also reported similar issues with the Enchanting table and Monumental Glyphs.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fyrsa wrote: »
    When I do crafting writ on (...) character, it says I don't have the required items / traits, despite having both.
    Even when I have all the reagents selected and it shows that the potion needed for the writ, still nothing.(...)
    Same happens to me, also happens on PS4.
    Thanks everyone, we're currently testing a fix for this issue.
    Thank you!
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP