Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I want "Akaviri" continent DLC.

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭
Just simple request for future ESO DLC.
I want to go across the Eastern Ocean by the big ship, and explore Akaviri continent.

I know it'll be huge volume, but If ZOS build it for us, I'll pay for it 50$.

#1 Please define official appearance of lamia people of Akaviri.

#2 Please define official appearance of "Tiger Dragon".

#3 Let's become "Pirates of Tamriel Black Flag"
-> Need some battle ship PVP or PVE in Padomaic ocean.
My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it'll be huge volume, but If ZOS build it for us, I'll pay for it 50$

I'm not an expert on Akavir, but it's probably a continent the size of Tamriel, maybe even bigger. It would be insane to release it as a single chapter. If you want ship battles (although I really doubt that will ever happen), maybe hope for a Pyandonea chapter instead.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk if Akavir is officially off limits like the mystery of the Dwemer but given how much of the main continent we still have left to explore - Middle Skyrim, most of Blackmarsh, several parts of Cyrodiil, Eastern Morrowind, and Hammerfell just off the top of my head - I doubt we'll be going to any other continent any time soon even if it isn't.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RedMuse I think they indeed said years ago that Akavir has to remain a mystery - but then again, they once also said that there won't be more than 5 years between two TES games ;) So I think they might change their minds. But I agree with you, it probably won't happen as long as there are still areas on Tamriel left to be filled.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh. It would make more sense if we got All Tamriel continent covered 1st. A lot of land left empty (like almost whole Black Marsh for example). Once all Tamriel is covered then yes Akavir, as another continent with new payable races & classes would be nice.
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Syldras I agree that "currently off limits" doesn't necessarily mean "will always be off limit", though there are certain mysteries I can't see them - and by them I mean Todd really - ever giving permission to reveal. The Dwemer are one of those, Akavir may or may not be.

Though if they (ESO) were to go to another continent there are many others they could go to other than Akavir. Personally I'd love to see what remains of ancient Yokuda, but that's just me.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RedMuse I think it would be rather sad if they really revealed the fate of the Dwemer one day - but they can of course give us more clues to ponder about ;)

Yes, Yokuda would be really interesting. The most probable place to show us outside of Tamriel seems to be (in my personal opinion) Pyandonea though. But I wouldn't mind at all to focus on Tamriel first. I'm especially curious about the rest of Morrowind, especially the Eastern part (there's also a small strip left on the West, I think?). Does Port Telvanis already exist? Maybe someone knows.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If this game is still making them money they won’t stop once Tamriel is filled up.

It may be possible they add other continents. (Ones in lore and ones they can make up) Akavir would be a very massive selling point for many elder scrolls fans. -throws money at screen-

Also a whole land mass where they could add years more worth of chapters and really go at it on the exploring/writing the lore as well. Would be a big undertaking as it would cement a lot of mysterious/leave it up to the fan base what’s there kinda thing. But it would be epic.

My personal opinion is that the single player games are going to take too long to make while the franchise is in its mega money making era. So akavir if it’s going to be put into a game would make sense for ESO to show us there. Also do think the word expansion is being saved for such a thing and why current content is called chapters. They could add new races, to play as well.

Time will tell..... :)

@Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The reveal announcement for 2021 mentioned, "new worlds". If you look at the in-game map of The Aurbis there's plenty of room for additions on there. That's where we seem to be going.
    PC EU
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reveal announcement for 2021 mentioned, "new worlds". If you look at the in-game map of The Aurbis there's plenty of room for additions on there. That's where we seem to be going.

I'd rather have thought of Daedric planes, not so much other continents.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »

I'd rather have thought of Daedric planes, not so much other continents.

That's what I meant. New worlds, not new continents.
    PC EU
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just simple request for future ESO DLC.
    I want to go across the Eastern Ocean by the big ship, and explore Akaviri continent.

I know it'll be huge volume, but If ZOS build it for us, I'll pay for it 50$.

#1 Please define official appearance of lamia people of Akaviri.

#2 Please define official appearance of "Tiger Dragon".

#3 Let's become "Pirates of Tamriel Black Flag"
    -> Need some battle ship PVP or PVE in Padomaic ocean.

ZOS already said they are focusing to add all of Tamriel first before they go to Akavir or revisit older zones.

1. I am pretty sure we know by now the Tsaesci are not lamia people. We've met people with Tsaesci ancestory, Tsaesci ghosts and skeletons and even a Tsaesci sword master in Elsweyr and all of them look like humans/elves. My guess is they look like real-life east-asians, potentially with some snake features.

3. Why? What do we need the Akaviri continent for that? Pyandonea would be a much better location for that.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    I am pretty sure we know by now the Tsaesci are not lamia people. We've met people with Tsaesci ancestory, Tsaesci ghosts and skeletons and even a Tsaesci sword master in Elsweyr and all of them look like humans/elves. My guess is they look like real-life east-asians, potentially with some snake features.

I think there are different descriptions in lorebooks. I can remember one where they were described as having a whole range of appearances, from totally human over "human with some snake features" and the typical mythological "naga" appearance (upper body humanoid, lower body snakelike; btw, I always thought that naga would be the inspiration for the Tsaesci) to full snakelike beings. I don't know on what it depends. Maybe they are a mixed race (wasn't there something about "The snake people eating the humans on Akavir" which could be meant symbolicly?). But then, I think there was also a book that described them as shapeshifters? Anyway, they definitively aren't lamias.

Edited by Syldras on January 10, 2021 5:07AM
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RedMuse I think they indeed said years ago that Akavir has to remain a mystery - but then again, they once also said that there won't be more than 5 years between two TES games ;) So I think they might change their minds. But I agree with you, it probably won't happen as long as there are still areas on Tamriel left to be filled.

Depends what TES games they had in mind because : TES Skyrim - 2011 , TES Online - 2014 , TES Legends - 2017 , TES Blades - 2019.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope we don't go to Akavir. If anything, that should first be broached in a single player game. It's meant to be mysterious, but I think there's a lot of room to give more info about them without spoiling to much of the mystery. Maybe a big island between Tamriel and Akavir? That could be cool
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • TagSaiku
    TagSaiku
    ✭✭
    If Only
    xIoe6eR.jpg
    I mean the Tsaeci Motif is already in the game Lol, just wish their race was also here to represent them.
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zarpenx wrote: »
    If Only
    xIoe6eR.jpg
    I mean the Tsaeci Motif is already in the game Lol, just wish their race was also here to represent them.

Your wish has been already granted, here are some of them: Renald (I believe he is a Tsaesci), Lieutenant Lein-Barduik, Proconsul Beloren-Kaie and Sword Master Vhysradue. There are ghosts of many more generic ones. There is also an entire village of the Tsaesci descendants.

If they can change their shapes, as it is said in the lore, they can be everywhere. Looking at some players around sometimes makes me think of their Tsaesci origins ;).
  • TagSaiku
    TagSaiku
    ✭✭
    If Only
    xIoe6eR.jpg

Your wish has been already granted, here are some of them: Renald (I believe he is a Tsaesci), Lieutenant Lein-Barduik, Proconsul Beloren-Kaie and Sword Master Vhysradue. There are ghosts of many more generic ones. There is also an entire village of the Tsaesci descendants.

If they can change their shapes, as it is said in the lore, they can be everywhere. Looking at some players around sometimes makes me think of their Tsaesci origins ;).

Except none of them are playable :p
    Read somewhere that it's Renald's 'Soul' that's Tsaeci and even Renald himself said that his imperial form is just a "skin". Already saw the one's at Rimmen but they barely count as I only wish to see FULL BLOODED Tsaeci's and maybe(hopefully) get to play as one someday(Or they could at least unmask the world boss/akaviri spirits we saw in Elsweyr :)).
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Only
    xIoe6eR.jpg

Read somewhere that it's Renald's 'Soul' that's Tsaeci and even Renald himself said that his imperial form is just a "skin". Already saw the one's at Rimmen but they barely count as I only wish to see FULL BLOODED Tsaeci's and maybe(hopefully) get to play as one someday(Or they could at least unmask the world boss/akaviri spirits we saw in Elsweyr :)).

Yeah, I've read those words of his about his shapeshifting - that was one of his dialogue lines. Well, you haven't mentioned that you would like the Tsaesci to be playable, so, I thought you just wanted to see them :). Anyway, I'm not that eager about the option to play them. The modern Tsaesci culture is heavily based on the Chinese and Japanese ones - their architecture, writing system, armor styles and costumes are very alike, and I won't be surprised if their social and historical parts would have many parallels with the Chinese culture too. How do they look like actually is out of my interest completely, because in a fiction universe like TES the appearance can be very different. We all got used to that only the Western civilization is usually depicted as humans there while the rest people are considered to be inhumans like Elves, Orcs, etc. I still remember that strange approach used by almost all fantasy authors since I first noticed it in the "Warcraft: Orcs & Humans". Features and parallels - that is what helps to see through it. Appearance can be different. Anyway, I'm neither a Chinese nor Japanese, and I've been playing a Dunmer only for decades, because their culture is so similar to mine. So even if they make the Tsaesci playable I won't pick up that option - the lore present today makes them too alien to me. Well, and, of course, it's only my opinion, so, I hope you'l be happy playing a Tsaesci if such an option is provided :). But I guess if won't happen until the history of Tamriel is over or until we are relocated to Akavir.
  • TagSaiku
    TagSaiku
    ✭✭
    If Only
    xIoe6eR.jpg

Yeah, I've read those words of his about his shapeshifting - that was one of his dialogue lines. Well, you haven't mentioned that you would like the Tsaesci to be playable, so, I thought you just wanted to see them :). Anyway, I'm not that eager about the option to play them. The modern Tsaesci culture is heavily based on the Chinese and Japanese ones - their architecture, writing system, armor styles and costumes are very alike, and I won't be surprised if their social and historical parts would have many parallels with the Chinese culture too. How do they look like actually is out of my interest completely, because in a fiction universe like TES the appearance can be very different. We all got used to that only the Western civilization is usually depicted as humans there while the rest people are considered to be inhumans like Elves, Orcs, etc. I still remember that strange approach used by almost all fantasy authors since I first noticed it in the "Warcraft: Orcs & Humans". Features and parallels - that is what helps to see through it. Appearance can be different. Anyway, I'm neither a Chinese nor Japanese, and I've been playing a Dunmer only for decades, because their culture is so similar to mine. So even if they make the Tsaesci playable I won't pick up that option - the lore present today makes them too alien to me. Well, and, of course, it's only my opinion, so, I hope you'l be happy playing a Tsaesci if such an option is provided :). But I guess if won't happen until the history of Tamriel is over or until we are relocated to Akavir.

Yea that's what I meant by a "Race to represent the theme" :) . Also it's been way too long(even before ESO) for any hopes of fully uncovering the mystery regarding the Akaviri(I don't even think that day will ever come lol) and I understand a lot of people like you aren't down with seeing Asians in ESO but you can't really expect everybody else and especially other Asians to be okay with seeing their culture be put in the game without their own people to represent it. It'll probably take another decade or 2 to fully complete Tamriel and for them to start working on the other continent(s)- but I'll be long gone or playing that new MMO from League of Legends by then so it's all good Lmao :D .
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would ruin the mystery surrounding it. Akavir deserves its own game.
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Only
    xIoe6eR.jpg

Yea that's what I meant by a "Race to represent the theme" :) . Also it's been way too long(even before ESO) for any hopes of fully uncovering the mystery regarding the Akaviri(I don't even think that day will ever come lol) and I understand a lot of people like you aren't down with seeing Asians in ESO but you can't really expect everybody else and especially other Asians to be okay with seeing their culture be put in the game without their own people to represent it. It'll probably take another decade or 2 to fully complete Tamriel and for them to start working on the other continent(s)- but I'll be long gone or playing that new MMO from League of Legends by then so it's all good Lmao :D .

Nah, I have nothing against Asians - moreover, I do respect them much really. They have a hard history full of sorrow and trials, and they deserve respect. What I meant was I'll stick to my choice made decades ago towards the Dunmer, and I hope the lore team won't sink the whole Tamriel with all it's denizens and won't make us fight each other again like it does today, having separated us between the three alliances with two of them invading my Morrowind. I'd prefer to see international friendship between us all, but I hardly imagine it will be possible after the things commited by the Covenant and the Dominion in the Pact territories. It would be ok, if the developers allowed us to wreak the same havoc, say, in Summerset or Glenumbra, but they don't give us such an option. So, the only thing left is to kill those Covenant and Dominion soldiers as many as possible in those campaigns in Cyrodiil, and to play the /dishonor emote over their corpses every time possible. Though, I guess most of them don't even understand the reasons of such treatment.. Anyway, I hope the Scribes won't make us fight with the Tsaesci - they are an alien but great folk, and I hope they can make friends with the Dunmer.
  • TagSaiku
    TagSaiku
    ✭✭
    If Only
    xIoe6eR.jpg

Nah, I have nothing against Asians - moreover, I do respect them much really. They have a hard history full of sorrow and trials, and they deserve respect. What I meant was I'll stick to my choice made decades ago towards the Dunmer, and I hope the lore team won't sink the whole Tamriel with all it's denizens and won't make us fight each other again like it does today, having separated us between the three alliances with two of them invading my Morrowind. I'd prefer to see international friendship between us all, but I hardly imagine it will be possible after the things commited by the Covenant and the Dominion in the Pact territories. It would be ok, if the developers allowed us to wreak the same havoc, say, in Summerset or Glenumbra, but they don't give us such an option. So, the only thing left is to kill those Covenant and Dominion soldiers as many as possible in those campaigns in Cyrodiil, and to play the /dishonor emote over their corpses every time possible. Though, I guess most of them don't even understand the reasons of such treatment.. Anyway, I hope the Scribes won't make us fight with the Tsaesci - they are an alien but great folk, and I hope they can make friends with the Dunmer.

Yeah I totally get you, it's just the "A whole Culture based on Asia- WITHOUT the People" part that kinda bothers me, I really don't mind the game to be fully Westernized IF they hadn't made the Akaviri stuff a part of the universe. Also don't see why a Tsaeci 'Has to Be' an enemy if they ever do set foot in Tamriel again(I mean they did live in Elsweyr for some time before 'inter-breeding' with Imperials and thinning the bloodline). They could still add their race and make the players characters be the starting point of reviving and scattering their presence outside of Akaviri(without any harmful intent that I guess some of you are worried about)- but that's just me HOPING and Wishing that it does happen :) .
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭
    In general, I believe that there may still be people on Akavir. They may be Kamal. Most of Akavir's races its a beastfolks. If them see somebody pale without fur or scale they can cal them demons, and after beastfolks kicked out them in snows lands they call them ice demons) And actuali i think Elder Scrolls need some asian people. Kamal peoples can be them :D
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This_0ne wrote: »
    In general, I believe that there may still be people on Akavir. They may be Kamal. Most of Akavir's races its a beastfolks. If them see somebody pale without fur or scale they can cal them demons, and after beastfolks kicked out them in snows lands they call them ice demons) And actuali i think Elder Scrolls need some asian people. Kamal peoples can be them :D

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Akaviri_Commander_Mishaxhi
    Looks quite human to me. And other examples for very human-looking Tsaesci were already linked above.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭
    This_0ne wrote: »

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Akaviri_Commander_Mishaxhi
    Looks quite human to me. And other examples for very human-looking Tsaesci were already linked above.

but he tsaeski. As we know them "eat" people. As i see Akaviri folks maybe much metaphorical. I think kamal can be satellite-state, when tsaeski meet Tamriel people, then can copirate kamal look (as we know Renald looks like human, maybe some asian or half asian half european). Actually i invented myself head kanon abuot kamal. They asians people, beastfolks call them deamons and kicked for snow lands, how i say up (and maybe kamal have masks looks like Japanise demons Oni). The try sometimes get more lands but for diffrend reasons they cant. Tsaeski use them as mercenaries in 2d invasion (because for some reasons veterans of Ebonheard pact wariors call folks how came in 2 era snakes). I think oficers was tsaeski, solders and recruits is kamalsm and buttlefield comander is Adasum dir Kamal.
    It looks logical to me.
    (sorry mistakes, english is not my native)
    Edited by This_0ne on January 21, 2021 12:38PM
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    If Only
    xIoe6eR.jpg

There is also an entire village of the Tsaesci descendants.

was there not a quest that revealed the one that mentioned they were Tsaesci descendants turned out not to be true?

• Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eporem wrote: »
    If Only
    xIoe6eR.jpg

There is also an entire village of the Tsaesci descendants.

was there not a quest that revealed the one that mentioned they were Tsaesci descendants turned out not to be true?

As far as I remember it only revealed that the magnate of that village was not the descendant of Proconsul Beloren-Kaie, a heir to Savirien-Chorak, but was the descendant of Kaie's lieutenant Lein-Barduik who also was a Tsaesci. That was only the issue of who of the two Tsaesci exactly the magnate was a descendant of, not of her Tsaesci origins.
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    thankyou @Cygemai_Hlervu I did not realize Lein-Barduik was a Tsaesci as well when doing the quest - glad of this though
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    just one more thing:) if the Shade of the Founder is Lein-Barduik does it seem from this image that he was a Vampire?

AyzDayQ.jpg
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's quite speculative, Eporem. For example, the Remanada says - "And having vampire blood these brother-knights lived for ages through and past Reman and then kept guard over his ward, the coiled king, Versidue-Shaie". Regarding the appearance - well, his image shows only his helmet's mask, if I took it right. At least it's how it seems to me. And even if he looked like an ordinary man, we know there are possibly some almost completely indistinguishable vampire types like the Bonsamu and that unnamed clan that "were experts at concealment. If they kept themselves well-fed, they were indistinguishable from living persons" mentioned in this book (a very intersting and good written one, I might add). Just like those vampires IRL - some of them have good and kind faces, but they will suck money and energy as long as they can, feeding on everyone weak enough to struggle. Though, some vampire hunters are vampires themselves too.. Ah, well, I guess you don't use that word in your community to name certain people like we do it here, so the essence of it might be incomprehensive to you.