Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

You don't understand the problem, players does.

Plodeoca
Plodeoca
✭✭✭
The problem of the: lag, high ping, latency, skills that doesn't fire, ISN'T the size of groups, the out-of-party heals, the new skills etc.. The real problem is the big unique istance of cyrodiil.

In Imperial city you can make 20 players group with the most broken sets and skills, you can fight against 100 players at time without serious lag issues. What does it means? Istances are the key to the solution. Lot of players had this idea, lot of players have made lot of work in forums and reddit giving zenimax some ideas to use, but no one have been listened. Just re-work cyrodiil including more istances and you will fix the lag for ANYONE. Imperial city is the best pvp dlc you have ever done, lot of players are still playing it just for the fun to do some pvp without lag, where skills matters, where you can still heal that solo player being killed by 2 opponents, where you can still make big groups and do big combats against other guilds without having the issue of a lag spike. Listen to the community, we want only pvp without lag. Istances are the solution. Cyrodiil is too big, there are even areas that no one knows or goes to; but don't misunderstand me, i don't want a smaller cyrodiil, we Don't like the idea of hundreads of loading screens, we just want pvp to be without lag and lot of players thinks that istances are the solution.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, let's see what ZOS decides to implement for Cyrodiil changes in 2021, @Plodeoca.

Remember, there were several weeks of testing during the latter part of 2020 ... and the PvP Team has yet to announce the final changes resulting from those testing runs.

They fixed most of the short loading screens while traveling between objectives. I don't have those anymore.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos made clear their change to group size and heals in Cyrodiil were not about performance, but behavior. They clearly distanced that change from the performance information they gleamed from the tests.

What behavior they liked which drove the change, I do not think they told us.
  • Plodeoca
    Plodeoca
    ✭✭✭
    First, let's see what ZOS decides to implement for Cyrodiil changes in 2021, @Plodeoca.

Remember, there were several weeks of testing during the latter part of 2020 ... and the PvP Team has yet to announce the final changes resulting from those testing runs.

They fixed most of the short loading screens while traveling between objectives. I don't have those anymore.

As a templar user i know well how those tests are gone day after day; for loading screens i was referring to the fact that if they add istances to cyrodiil it will be certainly sure that there will be loading screens between istances. (By myself after the fix i haven't had any problem with loading screens)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plodeoca wrote: »

As a templar user i know well how those tests are gone day after day; for loading screens i was referring to the fact that if they add istances to cyrodiil it will be certainly sure that there will be loading screens between istances. (By myself after the fix i haven't had any problem with loading screens)

Players on the same server in the same campaign gave different feedback during the tests. So in reality, we can only speak to our limited experience and those of friends that has commented on it.

But again, the changes Zos did make were not for server performance.