Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are crafting styles and the new set collection UI account wide?

lyx10679
lyx10679
As per UESP, I want to confirm that the style learned by any character through the crafting motif can be shared account wide for outfit styles only. However, to craft a certain style can only be done for the character that learned it. Also, I am assuming the new set collection UI from Update 28 is also account wide for transmutation. Did I get that right?
Platform: PC/NA - CP 500+

Character Roster:
Ebonheart Pact: Kelvinia Telvanni - Dunmer Mag DK, Arenwe Direnni - Altmer Magsorc
Aldmeri Dominion: Shalana-el-Kemel - Khajit Stamblade, Ithanarth Woodwalker - Bosmer Stam Warden
Daggerfall Covenant: Reman Cyrolius Septim - Imperial Stamplar, Marcel Motierre - Breton Mag Necromancer

Best Answers

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, outfit styles (including those learned from motifs) are account wide.

To craft gear in a particular motif, you need to know it on that character.

With item-set collections, the only limitation on reconstructing gear on any character is that they need to have the appropriate trait researched, but the collection itself is account wide
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
    Answer ✓
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    Styles for outfit station are account wide including motif styles. Gear crafting motifs are character based.

Currently at 1 grand master crafter (85-90% learned), 1 at 48 motifs, 1 at 45, 8 at 30-35, and 2 others at less than 20. It would be a stomp on all crafters faces if they were to change it to account wide now after all these years and hundreds of millions of gold spent and time farming motifs trying to achieve what I have.
    Answer ✓
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

To craft gear in a particular motif, you need to know it on that character.

Yep, and you need to know them on the character to apply toward complete 50 styles for the Style Master achievement.

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike0987 wrote: »
    It would be a stomp on all crafters faces if they were to change it to account wide now after all these years and hundreds of millions of gold spent and time farming motifs trying to achieve what I have.

Motifs are also a positive modifier for equipment master writ drops, @Mike0987.

Due to that reason, I highly doubt ZOS would make that kind of change.