Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

My thought on Angry Joe and IGN review of ESO!

GreatPlayer
GreatPlayer
✭✭✭
IGN give ESO 7.5 out of 10
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/31/the-elder-scrolls-online-review
Angry Joe give ESO 5 out of 10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov3B26h12C4

1) Graphics..... I think IGN got it wrong I have played a lot of MMOs and to me ESO has best graphic second only to Guild wars 2. But if you were to say the graphic in ESO could been a lot better, I would agree with you! And I think the only reason it was not a lot better, is because they are prepping this game for PS4, and in order to satisfy the console crowd, ESO game designer had to lower the graphic requirement!

2 ) Veteran Dungeons..... Both reviews did a poor job of making good explanation why the Veteran DUNGEONS suck in ESO. To me the bread and butter of a good MMO is Veteran dungeons. A MMO without a good Veteran Dungeon is like a prostitute without a pimp, or a car without a driver. So what does make a good Dungeon? here is my list.
A) Scaled dungeon that give good reward for your level.
B ) Difficulties for each player crowd, one for elite player and another level for the casual.
C) In the higher difficulty dungeons reward should drop twice as fast as the lower difficulty dungeon!

3) Imperial edition.... To be honest I dont really mind the Imperial edition even though I would never even consider buying it.

4) Horses are too expansive... After hearing this from Angry Joe I can only conclude he is a MMO noob, it is not hard to purchase the GOOD 44000 horse. I bought the standard edition and it only took me 4 days to accumulate enough money. And how did I do it? Questing! No fixing my gear and wasting the money on repair cost! Not buying new leveling gear from anybody! Its easy!

5) PVP only players should get same experience as PVE players! I think this is completely wrong, why is WOW such a bad game now? One the main reason is PVP gear, ever since WOW added PVP power and PVP resilience in myst of Pandoria, WOW has become a PVP gear grind, I mean tell me how is it fun to fight in a 2v2 battle for 10hrs stright just so you can get enough coins to buy your pvp pants! Its stupid! I believe in a good MMO if a PVP player wants the best gear or level fast he has to do PVE stuff first!

6) Voice Acting.... To be honest I think voice acting in a MMO is great, However I feel ESO has over done it, after about LVL10 I no longer cared to listen to any dialogue accept maybe for the beautiful QUEEN Arayne of the Aldmeri Dominion. So I strongly feel they should have just limited the voice acting to the main quest and instead shift their limited resources on creating more endgame content.

7) Botter.......... This is something I agree wtih Angry JOE!

8 ) This game is not like Skryim.... To be honest I never wanted it to be like skyrim, I just want it to be a good MMO with tons of endgame content that suit all players!

9) Veteran level........ non of the reviewer did a good job of talking about this. I am veteran level 8 and I can tell you veteran levels are boring, and here is what I did to level up my veteran rank, I went on chat and advertised LFG vt 1,2,3, world boss run. And I would kill world boss with 6 or 7 people I never met. and we would do this for 12 hrs and then go to sleep, and wake up and do it all over again! You have to be kidding me! THIS IS SUPER BORING!

Inconclusion, Since the review of the major game reviewing site are out, I question the longevity of this game, I am not a pvp player by heart, and I do not want to invest time in a sink ship. I dont know if I should stay or move on :(
Edited by GreatPlayer on April 22, 2014 8:37AM
  • SCSA
    SCSA
    ✭✭
    Did Joe even reach anywhere close to the veteran ranks for his review?
  • GreatPlayer
    GreatPlayer
    ✭✭✭
    SCSA wrote: »

I think he did, he used the cheat called GOOGLE and just spammed what VETERAN players said on forums!

• revenileb14_ESO
    He was level 19 on saturday, so no.

• Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IGN gave 7.8, not 7.5 :P
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • GreatPlayer
    GreatPlayer
    ✭✭✭
    He was level 19 on saturday, so no.

How can he even review this game, if he is that low rated, I AM PISSED!
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IGN review conclusion:

As a fan of both MMORPGs and the Elder Scrolls series, I found it to be one of the most rewarding games in the genre in years. Even while it’s troubled by some extremely annoying bugs and will probably never look great, I’ve loved my time questing through Tamriel, and I look forward to logging back in soon.

Seems a pretty good endorsement.

It isn't the greatest looking MMO and the bug problem doesn't seem to be getting any better despite each over-optimistic set of claims every patch. As for bots and gold-selling ...

But this is a great game and I'll be playing it for years i think.

My only fear is that for people who are less of a fan-boy than me, this released-to-soon beta-in-all-but-name may be an off-putting experience. To remain a sub game ESO cannot afford to throw away potential customers.

Getting some kind of grip on communications, support and for the love of god - destroying the bot and gold seller invasion, might help there.
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I do not agree with the opinion of the OP about the dungeons, I think they are fun and more challenging than I have seen in any recent MMOs, considering they are low level dungeons and everything.
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • GreatPlayer
    GreatPlayer
    ✭✭✭
    Csub wrote: »
    Also, I do not agree with the opinion of the OP about the dungeons, I think they are fun and more challenging than I have seen in any recent MMOs, considering they are low level dungeons and everything.

Oh, I was talking about veteran dungeons!
  • Stautmeister
    Stautmeister
    ✭✭✭
    The only problem i see with dungeons is their extremely low replayability.
    If i done them once their is close to no reason to do it again. Xp is negligible and because of the low stat difference in any gear except weapons its not worth doing the same dungeon again purely for gear.

I did love the dungeons a lot though. I like the difficulty curve
    From tank/spank and avoid all the way to Interrupt/kite, dodge, avoid, activate etc.
    I think they did a great job on that one. Although it does make me feel they should enforce people doing the lower dungeons before they start the highest
    An orc marrying a wood elf?! Enjoy your Borsimer mutants!
  • GreatPlayer
    GreatPlayer
    ✭✭✭
    If i done them once their is close to no reason to do it again. Xp is negligible and because of the low stat difference in any gear except weapons its not worth doing the same dungeon again purely for gear.

From tank/spank and avoid all the way to Interrupt/kite, dodge, avoid, activate etc.
    I think they did a great job on that one. Although it does make me feel they should enforce people doing the lower dungeons before they start the highest

Thats the problem, the reward suck! They should make dungeons drop yellow tier stuff or something, I say drop yellow stuff 25% of the time. I mean why cant they do that? How hard is it too implement an addictive and rewarding system!

i don't know how high you level is, but I am veteran level 8 and I can tell you right now there is nothing for me to do, I am not pro, the veteran dungeons are too hard and even if I did it the reward is just so stupid, plus I have to spend gold to fix my gear, I mean you have to ask yourself, do you really want to do a veteran dungeon that punishes you and give you almost no reward beside a skill point? HELL NO!
    Edited by GreatPlayer on April 22, 2014 8:18AM
  • Stautmeister
    Stautmeister
    ✭✭✭

Thats the problem, the reward suck! They should make dungeons drop yellow tier stuff or something, I say drop yellow stuff 25% of the time. I mean why cant they do that? How hard is it too implement an addictive and rewarding system!

i don't know how high you level is, but I am veteran level 8 and I can tell you right now there is nothing for me to do, I am not pro, the veteran dungeons are too hard and even if I did it the reward is just so stupid, plus I have to spend gold to fix my gear, I mean you have to ask yourself, do you really want to do a veteran dungeon that punishes you and give you almost no reward beside a skill point? HELL NO!

Vet 3 :) And i find a random group is not enough, can only do stuff with guildies and TS.
    I do find that the purple drops are pretty cool though, Legendairies should remain a rarity.
    But maybe they could add a loot system where you get a 10% chance for a legendairy crafting token. So its worth doing them a lot :)
    An orc marrying a wood elf?! Enjoy your Borsimer mutants!
  • GreatPlayer
    GreatPlayer
    ✭✭✭

Vet 3 :) And i find a random group is not enough, can only do stuff with guildies and TS.
    I do find that the purple drops are pretty cool though, Legendairies should remain a rarity.
    But maybe they could add a loot system where you get a 10% chance for a legendairy crafting token. So its worth doing them a lot :)

I concur!
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just giggle snorted my coffee.

Joe reviewing content he hasn't seen.

That amused me.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That amused me.

Well that's in line with his previous 'works'. He has a reputation as trolltard to maintain after all and if he didn't spaz out over TESO most of the whiney kids who follow him would be disappointed
  • GreatPlayer
    GreatPlayer
    ✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »

That amused me.

Well that's in line with his previous 'works'. He has a reputation as trolltard to maintain after all and if he didn't spaz out over TESO most of the whiney kids who follow him would be disappointed

angry joes review pisses me off! he also had a review of ESO beta, and in it he was bad mouthing the game! Angry Jeo is a mexican buffoon!
    Edited by GreatPlayer on April 22, 2014 1:25PM
  • revenileb14_ESO
    Except Angry Joe isn't from Mexico, he's from Texas. And the game does have some flaws. My problem with his review is he's basing the whole game on Kenarthi's Roost, Auridon and maybe a bit of Grahtwood, and PVP and that's it. However he also had A LOT of problems with the game not working right, like every time he logged in he had a bunch of problems.

Outside of his show though, Joe is a really nice guy.
  • ZOS_LenaicR
    ZOS_LenaicR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello guys,

We're closing this thread, as there is already a current discussion on this topic.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | Base de connaissance ESO

Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.