The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Unmounting problem

Daranigan
Daranigan
✭✭✭
So lately I have been noticing an annoying issue involving my mounts. I land in an area and mount up. I have a waypoint marked to go to my desired destination and I take off. Then, as my mount is running, I randomly unmount for no reason. Nothing attacks me and even if it did my mount training is all at max. But it isn't being knocked off. It's like the game is reading the dismount button when it's not pushed. The only thing being pushed is the joystick. I am noticing this most frequently in the more southern aldmeri countries like green shade and grahtwood. But it's happened once in stonefalls and 3 times in rivenspire and glenumbra as well. I play on PS4 NA servers. Anybody else getting this?
Edited by Daranigan on January 2, 2021 7:28PM
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daranigan wrote: »
    So lately I have been noticing an annoying issue involving my mounts. I land in an area and mount up. I have a waypoint marked to go to my desired destination and I take off. Then, as my mount is running, I randomly unmount for no reason. Nothing attacks me and even if it did my mount training is all at max. But it isn't being knocked off. It's like the game is reading the dismount button when it's not pushed. The only thing being pushed is the joystick. I am noticing this most frequently in the more southern aldmeri countries like green shade and grahtwood. But it's happened once in stonefalls and 3 times in rivenspire and glenumbra as well. I play on PS4 NA servers. Anybody else getting this?

There is a specific section of road in southern Grahtwood where this is consistent for me on PC/NA and PC/EU (and has been like this for more than 3 years). It's about halfway between the two wayshrines on the way to Southpoint, for about 30-40 meters on either side of the entrance to the Argonian resettlement camp. I reported this as a a bug originally, but it looks like ZoS isn't bothered about fixing it.

Otherwise, you will also be dismounted if you ride through any area that is tagged somehow as "indoors", typically when riding through some gateways or arches, even if they are wide open. An example is near the south-east corner of the Temple district in IC; there is an open arch under a walkway on the outer ring road that will automatically dismount you if you try to ride through. This is probably just a poor judgement call on the coding, but is probably valid - you just have to learn which places will dismount you, and which you CAN ride through.

Other than these issues, I don't recall encountering this issue in Rivenspire or Glenumbra on PC. (Rivenspire has the archway issue if you try to ride through the building archway onto the docks in the village just west of Northpoint, but nothing springs to mind for Glenumbra, Stonefalls, or Greenshade.) Can you describe the specific areas where this happens?
  • Daranigan
    Daranigan
    ✭✭✭
    Daranigan wrote: »

There is a specific section of road in southern Grahtwood where this is consistent for me on PC/NA and PC/EU (and has been like this for more than 3 years). It's about halfway between the two wayshrines on the way to Southpoint, for about 30-40 meters on either side of the entrance to the Argonian resettlement camp. I reported this as a a bug originally, but it looks like ZoS isn't bothered about fixing it.

Otherwise, you will also be dismounted if you ride through any area that is tagged somehow as "indoors", typically when riding through some gateways or arches, even if they are wide open. An example is near the south-east corner of the Temple district in IC; there is an open arch under a walkway on the outer ring road that will automatically dismount you if you try to ride through. This is probably just a poor judgement call on the coding, but is probably valid - you just have to learn which places will dismount you, and which you CAN ride through.

Other than these issues, I don't recall encountering this issue in Rivenspire or Glenumbra on PC. (Rivenspire has the archway issue if you try to ride through the building archway onto the docks in the village just west of Northpoint, but nothing springs to mind for Glenumbra, Stonefalls, or Greenshade.) Can you describe the specific areas where this happens?

In greenshade and grahtwood it happens in numerous areas and frequently. I can run around and make a complete list but that will take me a while.

In rivenspire I had it happen near west most dolman.

Stonefalls happend somewhere south of the deaths wind crafting station.

Glenumbra had the other two in the daggerfall area. From the eagles brook wayshrine I was going to the world boss just south of there when it happened the first time. Right after that fight I was making my way to the next WB west of the first when it happened a second time.

I want to also note that I don't usually stick to the roads and often try to go over or around as close as I can with certain terrains, so the exact route I used isn't easy to repeat or remember so sorry I can't be more specific in these descriptions. I don't think any arches were gone through when this happens.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can be dismounted just riding out of certain city gates, like rivenspire's southern gate, as well as wayrest, closest to the master writs dude. It's just a new "feature" now.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are specific locations that dismount you inappropriately along roads or arches, but if you're getting it all over the place I'd make sure your other input devices/keyboards/buttons aren't firing unexpectedly or being bumped.

Pressing to activate some skills or tapping left mouse button is a fast dismount.
    PC NA
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks everyone, we've bugged up a few of these locations. If you run into others, please provide as much detail as you can for the location or provide a screenshot of your location on the map. Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • sirinsidiator
    sirinsidiator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abah's Landing Wayshrine. Probably the only one in Tamriel that dismounts you.
    https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/ - My Addons - The Vault (Early updates and experimental projects) - My patreon - My blog
  • KalyanLazair
    KalyanLazair
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone, we've bugged up a few of these locations. If you run into others, please provide as much detail as you can for the location or provide a screenshot of your location on the map. Thanks!

From my observations, breton style archways in overland (like the ones around Eyebright Feld Dolmen in Rivenspire), as well as breton cities gates will consistently dismount you. I would look into how these elements are built and why the game thinks they're indoors. I believe it has more to do with certain elements (archways) than specific locations.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno You don't need a screenshot for this one: every archway on Imperial City makes players dismount.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I just remembered another one: every archway on "The Orchard" (Coldharbour) makes players dismount.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno This one doesn't relates to gates/archways but it's also an awkward dismounting:
    If passing on the street too close to the Bards College (Solitude) players will be dismounted. Players should only get dismounted on the Bards College's patio but not on the street.
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    North eastern gate in Wayrest. Eastern gate in Daggerfall. South eastern gate in Wayrest too, the one not leading directly out to the Undaunted Enclave.

I'll add as I come across more. If you need I'll happily provide a marked map too.