The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Change Magma Shell Into A transformation.

regime211
regime211
✭✭✭✭✭
We currently have 3 transformations. and dragon knight's standard is a used skilled, let's go ahead and update that ultimate into a dragon transformation! what do you say folks?
Edited by regime211 on December 31, 2020 6:42AM
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »
    We currently have 3 transformations. and dragon knight's standard is a used skilled, let's go ahead and update that ultimate into a dragon transformation! what do you say folks?

I would say a lot of people like it the way it is. If you want to transform I'd recommend becoming a vampire/werewolf or play a necro.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would say a lot of people like it the way it is. If you want to transform I'd recommend becoming a vampire/werewolf or play a necro.

Agreed. I really dislike transformation abilities unless it was in a larger shape-changer theme context. Otherwise it just seems bizarre and monstrous to me. Necromancers — including ESO NPCs — summon and control undead; they don’t transform into some weird creature themselves, sprout bones out of their back, or summon tombstones. :unamused:
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Dragonknight I like my standard and we already have scales and dragon spikes so no thankyou. The only transformation my magDK has is the vampire ultimate and I want it reversed back to Clouding Swarm instead of this Swarming Scion garbage.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want a transformation, suggest adding a new one. Why suggest taking away an ultimate that plenty of people currently use? You're not likely to get much support for an idea that involves taking away things from players.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What they should do instead of transformation is make the shifting standard "STICK" to the DK for the duration.

Would become one hell of useful skill in PvP and keep its use in PvE.
    Edited by Nyladreas on December 29, 2020 10:37PM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    What they should do instead of transformation is make the shifting standard "STICK" to the DK for the duration.

Would become hella useful in PvP.

Hmmmm.... Like the standard bearing Daedra and Fighter's Guild members in DSA? I can actually get behind that, although I wonder how it'd throw balance around if it became like any other Player following AoE.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree that we do not need to start making transformation ults for every class.
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    Uhhhh, magma armor? It already basically is a transform ultimate. I like the way corrosive works, but it would be awesome if it turned me into a big green dragon!
    Edited by Dominion_Nightblade on December 30, 2020 10:47AM
  • Faded
    Faded
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say if you want to play a necromancer, play a necromancer. Since you ask.
  • MythicaLMeddLer
    MythicaLMeddLer
    ✭✭✭
    As a stamDK, I'd like to see one immediate change, and it's more for my OCD then anything else. I would like the morph flames of oblivion to be changed from fire to poison. Just a cosmetic change that shows a ball of green poison instead of fire, so that it more fits the stam poison knight theme. So it fits more in line with claw and noxious breath. I don't ask for much, I'm not asking for a buff, I'm not even asking for a stam whip. Just please please help ease my OCD and give me a poison of oblivion!
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah, sounds a bit too much to actually transform into a Dragon when taking into account that is basically what many Cultures in Nirn consider ascending to Godhood.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't play as a Dragon Knight. So I'm indifferent to this discussion. Still... I am surprised the OP's suggestion isn't more popular. Because transforming into a Dragon sounds fairly awesome. If I was a Dragon Knight I would definitely want to be able to do this. haha
    Edited by Jeremy on December 30, 2020 3:48AM
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a Jyggalag transformation from the Mages Guild skill line?

\silliness
  • Malkiv
    Malkiv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making the ability a transformation would also change the mechanics of the ability - since the ring AOE would now travel with the player instead of being a placeable - and I'm not in favour of that.
    PC-NA | PvP (Gray Host & BGs) | PvE (vTrials & vDGs)
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CHANGE MAGMA SHELL INTO A TRANSFORMATION!
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »

Would become one hell of useful skill in PvP and keep its use in PvE.

Stick the banner on them like a flag Kind of how the banner bosses are in IC
    Edited by regime211 on December 31, 2020 6:43AM
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While that's crazy cool, I seriously don't think it will happen.

Want it, but not realistic.

Would make me main my dk instantly.
    Edited by Ryuvain on December 31, 2020 7:18AM
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change Anti-Cavalry Caltrops into a Transformation ...
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i like my standard the way it is, ok i would change 1 thing major defile, to make major breach or fracture
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

FkWrsPE.gif
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But... But why? It's actually better than one and can have it's duration buffed with Elf Bane. It's also lore friendly since it's a flame shell spell.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »

FkWrsPE.gif

Lmao
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i like my standard the way it is, ok i would change 1 thing major defile, to make major breach or fracture

That would be WAY BETTER
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it could be very instant and not have any cast time maybe but I suspect it would take too long.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

But... But why? It's actually better than one and can have it's duration buffed with Elf Bane. It's also lore friendly since it's a flame shell spell.

thank you. feels like people barely recognize the alteration and destruction bases in the dragonknight class
    Edited by emilyhyoyeon on January 1, 2021 3:31PM
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer