Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bought crown crates and now hate the game.

• WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do agree there needs to do a direct, set, predictable path to acquire these apex mounts that clearly have had thought, and resources dedicated to their creation.

If anything, I would argue it is insulting to the model designers to lock away acquisition by a game of chance.

There is a Set way to get Apex Mounts.

Step 1 Get 6 Million in game Gold

Step 2 Trade the 6 Million gold for 20 000 Crown Crates AKA 60 Crown Crates from a buyer

Step 3 open then crates... and gem everything you will always have 400+ gems for the mount you want.

Now the way to get Radiant Apex Mount is the same except you need to open 1 to 1200 crown crates

So around 2 Billion in Game gold. EZ
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Ellimist_Entreri
    Ellimist_Entreri
    ✭✭✭
    Personally any time I go to pick up a set of crown crates - I go into it expecting to get nothing but guar droppings back out. I plan to convert those guar droppings into crown gems which I them use to get the things I actually want. Saves the disappointment of not getting that cool thing out of the crates & still lets me get enough gems to buy the things I am after. Also makes for a nice surprise anytime something I had my eye on does drop!

I agree it would be super nice if the radiant mounts were available for a large amount of gems!
    Edited by Ellimist_Entreri on December 31, 2020 2:41PM
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I agree it would be super nice if the radiant mounts were available for a large amount of gems!

But why a "large amount" of gems? Each purple gem is valued at around .25 cents which makes a 400 gem mount $100.00 USD.

Nothing in game should cost 50% as much as an entire DLC much less 2x as much, especially when a customer commits to a 15.00 monthly "subscription" fee. $100.00 for an infinitely duplicatable digital cosmetic is already overkill and reeks of greed.

Companies who constantly have their hands in the customers wallet will find their customer base shrinking, which is not a smart thing to do with an already niche product. The only way this makes sense is if there is no care for the customer and the only goal is to extract as much money as possible from a customer before they get tired of it. I hope and pray this is not ZOS business model.