The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Remove damage requirement from unleashed terror?

hexentb16_ESO
hexentb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Okay so I realize this is probably one of those posts where I don't realize how much this small change would break the game. So when you guys tell me its a bad idea please be gentle.

...anyways. So I was thinking, whats up with the damage requirement for Unleashed Terror to proc? I mean, it doesn't keep it from being OP right? There's a couple charges, leaps, and teleports that do direct aoe damage. Pair it with merciless charge and you got yourself an OP set combo. Why not remove the damage requirement so we can get a little more creative with the set? It would also help a little with holding aggro as a tank without taunts too. Its not like the damage requirement kept the set from being OP anyways.

Edit: ZOS, don't take this post as me thinking the set should be nerfed. I don't care if others are using OP sets in pve and if I die to a dot build in pvp I deserve that death because I didn't use my cleanse.
Edited by hexentb16_ESO on December 31, 2020 3:05AM
  • Stellarvorous
    Stellarvorous
    ✭✭✭
    Aye remove all the damage requirements for all other proc sets also

I should be able to equip malacath 2 proc sets dump completely into health no stamn or mag swing in someones direction in pvp with a light attack and they should just keel over dead

Realistically yeah your probably gona catch some flak for this idea i dont personally consider unleashed and merciless charge to be that bad compared to other sets

Though once you make the argument for one you might as well do it for them all and then there lies the issue

If i had to guess off my blind random assumption i say PC NA CP Is at least 50% possibly way higher proc sets atm ranging from crimson to syvarra's scales venomous smite sheer venom ect ect

So if unleashed terror had its *damage requirement* tweaked or removed to make it easier to proc People would be asking for the same treatment to other sets then PvP would likely go from the sheer misery it is atm for most people

To absolute true misery where people who have managed to stay around during this mess would straight up leave and i dont blame them i probably would also

Personally i get ill when i see people build into tanks get free damage off 2/3 procs with malacath when i still spec for a offensive stat though *admittedly* i use mechanical acuity I still have to build for my damage to make it work but im very killable

Only to get puked on by some 50k WW in crimson running with another 2 WWs all running the same *** lol

Maybe everyone else will agree with you and say *** it why not and if that is the case then imo this PvP that is barely hanging on by a thread would deserve to finally be dead done over with :/ but thats just me
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem begins with the fact, that Unleashed Terror is op.
    No one in their right mind would even consider buffing it or making it even easier to use. Such an outlandish thought, that at least a roll dodge could delay the inevitable death of your target by a second or two.

I anticipate, we will see some justice brought to this and many other overperforming proc sets, rather than further buffs and simplifying.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • hexentb16_ESO
    hexentb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Stellarvorous
    @Dracane

Lol I think you guys are overreacting to proc sets. They're not that bad. If they get nerfed so should stat sets. Both types can be OP when used right and neither should be nerfed just because a few good players kick our ass while wearing one.

Heck I enjoy proc sets being part of the new meta. I enjoy a challenge and having to adapt my strategies according to the situation to be good at pvp. If someone tries to wreck me with unleashed I just pop a cleanse and boom, their extra dps is gone. Same with venomous smite(or I just step away from the infected guy) Actually now that I think about it most of the dot proc sets can be cleansed. Other sets proc sets that do instant damage aren't that bad either. I just heal through them and/or roll dodge. I play Nightblade, if I can heal and roll dodge through the biggest proc set effects anyone can. We don't even have a class specific burst heal.

I don't use proc sets in pvp myself since they're so easily countered, evaded, and cleansed by good pvp'ers but I'd still gladly welcome more because of how fun they make pvp when I fight people using them.

As for PVE. Proc sets are great. They REALLY help when you're trying to get your pledges or daily dungeon done but get paired with trash players.

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Stellarvorous
    @Dracane

Lol I think you guys are overreacting to proc sets. They're not that bad. If they get nerfed so should stat sets. Both types can be OP when used right and neither should be nerfed just because a few good players kick our ass while wearing one.

Heck I enjoy proc sets being part of the new meta. I enjoy a challenge and having to adapt my strategies according to the situation to be good at pvp. If someone tries to wreck me with unleashed I just pop a cleanse and boom, their extra dps is gone. Same with venomous smite(or I just step away from the infected guy) Actually now that I think about it most of the dot proc sets can be cleansed. Other sets proc sets that do instant damage aren't that bad either. I just heal through them and/or roll dodge. I play Nightblade, if I can heal and roll dodge through the biggest proc set effects anyone can. We don't even have a class specific burst heal.

I don't use proc sets in pvp myself since they're so easily countered, evaded, and cleansed by good pvp'ers but I'd still gladly welcome more because of how fun they make pvp when I fight people using them.

As for PVE. Proc sets are great. They REALLY help when you're trying to get your pledges or daily dungeon done but get paired with trash players.

Yes, you surely use the alliance war purge with its 2 effects it removes for a massive cost. Very nice try. I think it is a lie.

Not everyone is a templar or necromancer with a good class purge. I agree that in a 1v1, proc sets are manageable most of the time. They are superior, but you can fight it with skill or... proc sets of your own. But as soon as its 2 or more people stacking them on you, it escalates. This is also easy to say as a nightblade, who can negate all dots at will with cloak.

I almost never find myself being attacked by less than 2 enemies. 2 people who stack merciless charge and unleashed on me, and that is usually it. Now this would be very easy to fix by only allowing 1 instance of a proc on a player.
    But we know this will never happen.

While I use no proc sets myself at all and only suffer from them being used against me, I also think they should exist. But not in their current form. Proc sets need to scale with offensive stats to nerf heavy armor tanks, they could stop scaling with malacaths and most importantly, they need to be capped on a player. So a player can not receive more than 1 instance of a proc.
    Edited by Dracane on December 31, 2020 6:09PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unleashed terror is one of the most overperforming procsets in the game. Unleashed and Merciless Charge (from maelstrom 2 handed weapon) are for sure the most oppressive proc combination out there. The reason some people recently have decided to try out statbased builds (mostly stamdens and stamcro) is due to the fact that a lot of the previous oppressive AoE proc-sets has been nerfed (grothdarr and syvarra to name some).

Merciless charge and unleashed terror belongs to the group of procsets that prevents us from actually being able to begin a statbased "meta" again. The fact that anyone even consider unleashed to needing a buff is beyond me......
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, please buff the thumbless play style even more...brilliant.
  • SgtNuttzmeg
    SgtNuttzmeg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay so I realize this is probably one of those posts where I don't realize how much this small change would break the game. So when you guys tell me its a bad idea please be gentle.

...anyways. So I was thinking, whats up with the damage requirement for Unleashed Terror to proc? I mean, it doesn't keep it from being OP right? There's a couple charges, leaps, and teleports that do direct aoe damage. Pair it with merciless charge and you got yourself an OP set combo. Why not remove the damage requirement so we can get a little more creative with the set? It would also help a little with holding aggro as a tank without taunts too. Its not like the damage requirement kept the set from being OP anyways.

Edit: ZOS, don't take this post as me thinking the set should be nerfed. I don't care if others are using OP sets in pve and if I die to a dot build in pvp I deserve that death because I didn't use my cleanse.

I am not sure how much this would open up this set. As far as I am aware there are two setups this would proc off that it doesn't now and that would be Frozen Retreat and Void Bash. There would also be the question of how this would impact Ball of Lightning. Ball of Lightning technically doesn't stun or damage anybody but would it count as hitting.

I think the set is set up this way because otherwise it would get confusing. What would constitute a hit? Physically making contact or going through another body? Or do you still need to actually impact the target? If you need to impact the target it's like I said only expanding it by two skills which won't give you that much build diversity.
    Legions of Mordor Core

Cold0neFTBs