The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Psijic Portals - where have they gone?

• Wolf81
    Wolf81
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it based on the amount the of runestone nodes that have been gathered? I would imagine a area with most ignored would end up having few psijic portals.
    Edited by Wolf81 on December 29, 2020 10:18AM
    Options
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    I just ported to a wayshrine in Craglorn, and there was a Psijic Portal right in front of me when I arrived :3

Sometimes you won't find any and sometimes you don't even have to look for them

Thief Troves on the other hand, I'm not finding those anymore. :(

Yes, I NEVER see thieves troves anymore. They used to feel so abundant, I'm not sure what happened
    Options
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    given that
    A: psijic portals only spawn where a rune node does 50% of the time
    B: they are highly visible due to brightly glowing from long rage
    C: they usually contain some decient loot

it makes them an easy to find and highly useful target to get picked up by a majority of players..meaning finding one in a populated area is mostly dumb luck.
    Options
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see thieves troves all the time, although they usually only contain a few lockpicks.

As for psijic portals, I loots them all, everybody else is too slow. I can see them from across the map. My Vampblade is fast and stealthy. Could be a gingerbread man, except she's a wood elf.
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    There are definitely fewer portals after Markarth...I'm pretty sure its not RNG but then again they were fairly common before and maybe ZOS just wanted them more rarer.
    Got a lots of them collecting surveys this morning after seeing this tread.
    I say more characters has the skill to see them so they get harvested faster.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faiza wrote: »
    I just ported to a wayshrine in Craglorn, and there was a Psijic Portal right in front of me when I arrived :3

Yes, I NEVER see thieves troves anymore. They used to feel so abundant, I'm not sure what happened

I see thieves troves all over. I take them. I don't leave them behind with just lockpicks in them like some players do. All your thieves troves are belong to me!
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • Khajiitihaswares
    Khajiitihaswares
    ✭✭✭
    MonkLoHan wrote: »
    I was going to open a "Bug" ticket on this but thought I'd ask the community here first. Since the release of Markarth, I have not seen any Psijic portals anywhere. I have several toons with maxed out Psijic skill line, but not a single one of them has come across a portal since the release of Markarth. Has anyone else noticed this?

Ran into one last week. But they're rare to see or run into it seems.
    Options
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    They Nerfed the drop rate to Oblivion when Elsweyr came out. I haven't noticed it going any lower. But I do think they put one of those secret cooldowns on them and never told us. Because now I go to a new zone find a psijic portal and if I stay in that zone I won't see another one for 30-60 mins, but if I go to a new zone, I usually find one within 10 mins.

Also I have never been able to get one to drop in Bangkorai, or Coldharbour. I was told they don't drop in Coldharbour, don't know if that's true.
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got them in both Bangkorai and Coldharbour. In fact I got one in both zones yesterday and again today. The one in Coldharbour yesterday was in The Orchard, the one today was near Haj Uxith. I was running dig sites on one of my mains in Coldharbour. In Bangkorai, I was running dig sites on a level 27, she picked up the portal yesterday near Qharroa Ruins, today's was right by the JC survey area.
    Options
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess my luck must be the absolute worst on this, because I have allegedly had the ability to see them for... what is it now, almost three years since Summerset released? And I have literally never found a single one.
    Options
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amapola76 wrote: »
    I guess my luck must be the absolute worst on this, because I have allegedly had the ability to see them for... what is it now, almost three years since Summerset released? And I have literally never found a single one.

I do actually think my Summerset luck is really terrible, because on that same alt, I have actively farmed treasure clams off and on for the same three years, and in all that time only ever found two.
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obsidian3 wrote: »
    They Nerfed the drop rate to Oblivion when Elsweyr came out. I haven't noticed it going any lower. But I do think they put one of those secret cooldowns on them and never told us. Because now I go to a new zone find a psijic portal and if I stay in that zone I won't see another one for 30-60 mins, but if I go to a new zone, I usually find one within 10 mins.

Also I have never been able to get one to drop in Bangkorai, or Coldharbour. I was told they don't drop in Coldharbour, don't know if that's true.
    This is incorrect, yesterday I had multiple in same zone even two visible at the same time.
    So no hidden cooldown.
    But this was early morning PC-EU before the daily reset.

So yes spam rate / cooldown before coming back might be nerfed.
    But its also more players with the skill to detect them
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • emeraldshado
    emeraldshado
    ✭✭✭
    I have found 4 in hews bane on ps4 as of yesterday, a zone less traveled. with 2 lined up, about 10 - 20 feet away from eachother.
    Options
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They are in quarantine due to contact tracing from the virus

:#
    Options
  • udaba
    udaba
    ✭✭✭
    I found a lot every day .
    PC/EU 1600 CP+
    Options
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They went over to Raid Shadow Legends
    Options
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure they dialed the RNG stats for portals down a bit.

I used to get several a day all over the map. I've been doing survey and treasure maps (2 different toons were loaded with stacks of maps from zones A to L, and M to W, as well as 15 toons having one of each of scads of treasure maps). I've done hundreds of surveys and multiple dozens or treasure maps in the last week to 10 days and I haven't seen a portal in Tamriel.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
    Options
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    MonkLoHan wrote: »
    I was going to open a "Bug" ticket on this but thought I'd ask the community here first. Since the release of Markarth, I have not seen any Psijic portals anywhere. I have several toons with maxed out Psijic skill line, but not a single one of them has come across a portal since the release of Markarth. Has anyone else noticed this?

that's cuz i got them all :) i see them all the time.
    Options
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashryn wrote: »
    Perhaps it has to do with people not farming runes. If the rune stones aren't turned over, the portals have less of a chance to appear.

dont nodes just turn over themselves? cuz sometimes they just disappear in front of me as i go to harvest them.
    Options
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    ImmortalCX wrote: »
    Finding them, probably about 5-7 over past week, but contents seem nerfed.

yes. i had string of them with ONLY runestones in them. nothing else. and like 5 of them, so pretty sure it wasnt looted and left.
    Options
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    JavaRen wrote: »
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    But one thing I have noticed is that crafting surveys for Summerset seem to be non-existent. Has anyone gotten one of those recently-- say, since the last Summerset event?

No one has ever seen a Summerset survey, they don't exist.

[Checks UESPWiki...]

D'oh, you're right! I wonder why not? The other "chapter" zones have them. Weird-- but now I can stop worrying about them.

cuz summerset has extra porkals, of course.
    Options
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭

i find troves and porkals a lot. chests, too.
    Options