The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Ring of Pale Order, 4-man DPS speed runs, is this a thing?

ImmortalCX
ImmortalCX
✭✭✭✭✭

If everyone in the group has this ring and has some health return from offensive skills (flurry, briarheart, etc) they wouldn't need healers. Obviously people can 1-man many of the normals unless there is a mechanic that requires more people.

But my question, how much content can a 4-man DPS group complete? I'm pretty sure any normal.

Are there one shot mechanics in vet dlc that require a tank/healer or are 4-man dps groups with the ring viable?
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We didn't need healers before and a pure 100% DPS group is lacking something to make them even stronger. If just one of them equipped something like Spell Power Cure or Olorime they could increase the group DPS exponentially even if they didn't do dedicated healing. Typically what I see in such groups is someone doing exactly that (And it's usually me).

The Ring can make it a possibility, but it still won't stop one shots from bosses. This is why some groups do 1 tank, 3 DD's as the tank keeps the crowd in check and the boss on them while the DD's go to town killing everything.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would still prefer 3 dds+tank for vet dlcs because of added safety and buffs. For non-dlc, anything works as long as people dodge heavy attacks, dont run around like headless chicken and have decent dps.
    The problem with 3-4 dd runs is that most dd players seem to think that they are better dds than they actually are... It often makes things messy.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on December 30, 2020 3:51PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes, this definitely is a thing. All normals are easily doable 4DD, and for non-DLC (and some DLC) tank+3DD works better than actually having a healer. I recently started running with my "fake" tank, which is a DD with a taunt and a bit more health with ring of pale order equipped. Doing pledges feels more like an ARPG similar to Path of Exile / Diablo, not a MMO :D
  • Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normals you can easily duo, even some DLCs. Pale Order didn't change much about 1T3DD runs (which has been BiS in a number of scenarios already) and is imho mostly a solo thing. 4DDs in Vet I personally wouldn't bother with because of the plethora of one shots.
    Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pale order is both self-only and weaker than some of the class group heals you can pack on a pure DPS back bar. Hiti's on a tank or hybrid works great. Winter's Respite on a magwarden DPS also gives you a load of group healing petty much for free. Warden in fact is very very strong in this - you've got green lotus for free group heals while dpsing and you've got backbar aoe heals, and a healing ultimate that you can drop without being stuck in place as templar is.

If one of you is packing a group heal that's 3 more people able to run two full 5 sets and monster helm instead of a ring.

Far too often a 4DD setup ends up like the Keystone cops with a line of people running round frantically in circles achieving little because they can't actually nail down the target while running around. Especially if you've got some good AOE options you want a tank to collect everything up for incineration.

3DD and a tank healer hybrid is definitely an option. Templars and Wardens can easily do both at once. In this update the templar also has access to a combo gap-closer AOE taunt which makes trash compaction really fast.
    Edited by etchedpixels on December 30, 2020 4:11PM
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Eedat
    Eedat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of content is not only doable with 4 DDs, but easier with them. Pretty much all the vet base game dungeons are easier. Even some DLC ones. Vet ICP HM is way easier with 4 DDs because you nuke the boss so fast that you never get to any of the annoying portal mechanics. Some of the real tough ones are better with 1 tank + 3 DDs though
  • DT-ARR
    DT-ARR
    ✭✭✭✭
    A by product / consequence of power creep sets to sell DLC.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Healer is not really useful nowday bc eso added many mechanics reduce healing, dps can also equip a restro on backbar becomes semi healer.

Players would like to increase the overall damages that bypass boss mechanics.

Unlike classic healer in other RPG games, ESO has no healer class, there is no special buffs from healer role , buffs come from class and weapons, and not all classes can be awesome healers as well, so why bother?

1T3D or 4D seems much more fun and fast, pale is the best item apply.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    We didn't need healers before and a pure 100% DPS group is lacking something to make them even stronger. If just one of them equipped something like Spell Power Cure or Olorime they could increase the group DPS exponentially even if they didn't do dedicated healing. Typically what I see in such groups is someone doing exactly that (And it's usually me).

The Ring can make it a possibility, but it still won't stop one shots from bosses. This is why some groups do 1 tank, 3 DD's as the tank keeps the crowd in check and the boss on them while the DD's go to town killing everything.

This.

Groups that could run without a healer before will do fine, obviously. Groups that needed help with heals will likely still need help with heals.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3dd, 1 tank is the go to for a lot of content but the ring is irrelevant. Most dd’s can easily run a self heal or shield on their build and have been doing that for years when we didn’t have this ring in the game.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Later dlc dungeons have bosses that hit too hard, but me and friends did DoM and SCP and MoS (scp was HM) in 4 dd even before pale order, so...ye the ring is not helping there much...

Tank is much better though just for the debuffs stacking etc etc.
    Edited by zvavi on December 31, 2020 3:00AM