The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why can't you LoS the Vateshran destro anyway?

fred4
fred4
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Is this intentional? It's a beam, like Zaan. Sounds like a bug to me. I don't know what annoys me more, the damage or the fact that it's so bright and interferes with your view.
PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can be LOS'd, cloaked, and out-ranged, but not cleansed.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's gone through walls and trees for me. I don't think it can be LoSd.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can be losed though.
    The problem is because of the los and range checks, since they only check every second when the damage tick comes in. Even if you break the beam for a split of the second or the range, if in that time no check (damage tick) happens, then the effect will stay on you. So basically you need to los it for more than a sec to break it.
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had the same issues trying to LOS it. Apparently it seems that you can, but I know that every time it's on me and I try to break the LOS with an obstacle it never seems to work and just keeps going. I even jumped down an entire floor in a tower just to break it once, but it still held. It's not just Vateshran for me though, I have the same issue with the jesus beam. Nothing spells fun like being full health radiant spammed by multiple templars, breaking the LOS so you don't get instantly blown up if you fall into execute range, and having them all still keep ticking away anyway. Well I take that back, getting snipe spammed through walls might come close.

If I had to guess I'd say that positional desynch's are probably the biggest reason for it, so you're still in LOS for one reason or another despite looking like you're not on your screen. I don't think most people realize just how bad it is. It's really bad. All the time. When my partner and I play together he sits less than 10 feet away from me. Often I'll look at his screen to see what he's seeing vs. what I'm seeing, and it pretty much never matches up. It's extremely bad when moving quickly, either sprinting or especially while mounted. When we're mounted up I'll be 20 feet ahead on my screen, but he's 20 feet ahead on his. Even just sprinting or kiting through a tower or whatever, on my screen I'm in the front and already around the corner, while on his he's the one in front and I haven't even hit the corner yet. No matter the lag the delay between when I move and when it shows up on his screen is roughly 1 second, which in PvP can be an eternity as it's enough time to roll, block, reposition, use an ability, almost anything. Also explains all those other fun little things that happen in Cyrodiil that seem impossible, like getting hit through block and such.
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh look, another 'working as intended' function that doesn't work as intended 😂

I've also tried to break LoS on this and it doesn't break however I thought that was the intention.
    Edited by Weesacs on December 26, 2020 1:53PM
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading this thread gives me flashbacks of the early days of Infernal Guardian ... ignoring LoS, going through keep walls, and pretty much doing whatever it wanted.

I guess I should break out my vVH Destro and see what the hubbub is all about. ;)
  • StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since they changed los some month ago it became unreliable.

Like everything they touch (blocking sprinting etc)
  • SgtNuttzmeg
    SgtNuttzmeg
    ✭✭✭✭
    On narrow objects it's tough to break, like trees but on a wall and other surface typically it's pretty easy to break los.
    Legions of Mordor Core

Cold0neFTBs
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the times I can’t break LOS.

Walls seem the only reliable option.

I can put up with proc sets and i don’t even mind using them...the Vateshran destro is simply too much and needs to be tuned down
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBF Zaan doesn't break on LOS for me either, at least on certain BG terrain. At least you can cleanse that one..
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB