The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Markarth Stamsorc PvP Build (Minimal procs!)

StaticWave
StaticWave
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hey guys I just wanted to share this build with my fellow stamsorc players. I know this meta is quite proc heavy, and I myself have been using procs for the patch, so we're going to discipline ourselves and run less procs! This build only has 1 proc but it's honestly not even necessary at all. Let me know what you guys think. Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRi7oRw28ZQ&t=37s
Edited by StaticWave on December 29, 2020 8:13AM
Platform:
PC NA

Main:
Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭
    Damn, an actual decent build posted on the forums.

I totally agree with you on Eternal Vigor for Stamsorc. It far out performs every other option and it's definitely a better choice than Torc.

One other option for a single proc build would be to use BRP dual wield backbar and Draugrkin frontbar. It would mean losing EV and Vateshran but it also does quite a lot of damage for a single proc build. I think your build might be slightly better though - you'd need 11 damage ticks affected by Draugrkin and Mechanical Acuity to out damage a Vateshran proc.

Sounds like a fun build. Good job!

Edit: Oh, you could consider using a Shock glyph instead of Poison on the front bar to proc minor Vulnerability. Shock is also affected by Sorc passives so it might be a damage boost?
    Edited by Xiomaro on December 29, 2020 10:50AM
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Xiomaro: Nord Stamsorc
    Xio'maro: Breton Magsorc
    Falura Avelni: Dunmer Vampblade
    Ulric Longboi: Nord Stamden
    Sha'boom-boom: Orc Werewolf Tank
    Morga The Roarer Nord Stamcro
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xiomaro wrote: »
    One other option for a single proc build would be to use BRP dual wield backbar and Draugrkin frontbar. It would mean losing EV and Vateshran but it also does quite a lot of damage for a single proc build. I think your build might be slightly better though - you'd need 11 damage ticks affected by Draugrkin and Mechanical Acuity to out damage a Vateshran proc.
    I don't think anything can really compare to Vateshran 2h + Crystal Weapon on a "medium" attack for Stam Sorc. It's what allows quite literal 1-shots, or very near to 1-shots, using only a single global cooldown for Dawnbreaker. There are several Stam Sorcs in PC-NA Battlegrounds running (mostly) non-proc builds that do this, and even if nothing crits the damage gets pretty obscene.

One combat metrics example from someone other than OP is as follows:
    Dawbreaker 0/1 crit: 6,300 (thanks Vampirism)
    Medium Attack 1/2 crit: 6,075 total (3,285 individual max)
    Crystal Weapon 0/1 crit: 3,977
    Frenzied Momentum 0/1 crit: 3,486
    That's 19,838 damage in a single global cooldown and dual wield "medium" attack, not counting enchants, hurricane ticks, or the 719 damage from 1 Twin Blade and Blunt tick. And that's with the only meaningful crit being 1/2 of the medium attack. I don't see anything else really competing with the Vateshran 2h and that combo for reliable, on-demand burst damage.
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Xiomaro wrote: »
    I don't think anything can really compare to Vateshran 2h + Crystal Weapon on a "medium" attack for Stam Sorc. It's what allows quite literal 1-shots, or very near to 1-shots, using only a single global cooldown for Dawnbreaker. There are several Stam Sorcs in PC-NA Battlegrounds running (mostly) non-proc builds that do this, and even if nothing crits the damage gets pretty obscene.

One combat metrics example from someone other than OP is as follows:
    Dawbreaker 0/1 crit: 6,300 (thanks Vampirism)
    Medium Attack 1/2 crit: 6,075 total (3,285 individual max)
    Crystal Weapon 0/1 crit: 3,977
    Frenzied Momentum 0/1 crit: 3,486
    That's 19,838 damage in a single global cooldown and dual wield "medium" attack, not counting enchants, hurricane ticks, or the 719 damage from 1 Twin Blade and Blunt tick. And that's with the only meaningful crit being 1/2 of the medium attack. I don't see anything else really competing with the Vateshran 2h and that combo for reliable, on-demand burst damage.

Yeah agreed. Vateshran kinda rules the meta right now. It's very hard to beat the value of both the burst proc and the weapon damage Vate 2h gives you.

Of course, you could run Vateshran 2h and Draugrkin but you're not running a single proc anymore then ;)
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Xiomaro: Nord Stamsorc
    Xio'maro: Breton Magsorc
    Falura Avelni: Dunmer Vampblade
    Ulric Longboi: Nord Stamden
    Sha'boom-boom: Orc Werewolf Tank
    Morga The Roarer Nord Stamcro