The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is there a addon or game setting that allows one to "junk" an item with a single keypress?

ImmortalCX
ImmortalCX
✭✭✭✭✭
I know there are addons that automatically categorized items as junk when you pick them up, but what I really want is a way to designate something as junk with a single keypress.

The majority of wasted time in inventory management (for me) is having to right click, then select "junk" from the menu.

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip] here, if you're trying to turn two clicks into one. ;)

I'd say the best suggestion is to turn off auto-loot or at least screen the items you're picking up in Tamriel ... to save time on the back end.

That's what I do.

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on December 28, 2020 5:48PM
    Options
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try JunkBuster I use it to auto delete all the crap I don't need
    Options
  • AinSoph
    AinSoph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dustman addon
    Options
  • iksde
    iksde
    ✭✭✭✭

I'd say the best suggestion is to turn off auto-loot or at least screen the items you're picking up in Tamriel ... to save time on the back end.

That's what I do.

if two clicks was in same place to click it would be fine

but we have 1 click on item and then slide a bit for option to mark item as junk which is so annyoing, slow action if we have tons of junk in bags because we didnt want to waste time for markng single items after every loot and this is also very susceptible for misslickic because off having small area for this click so this is going to be even slower to bark all items as junk and annyoing
    Options
  • ImmortalCX
    ImmortalCX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iksde wrote: »

That's what I do.

if two clicks was in same place to click it would be fine

but we have 1 click on item and then slide a bit for option to mark item as junk which is so annyoing, slow action if we have tons of junk in bags because we didnt want to waste time for markng single items after every loot and this is also very susceptible for misslickic because off having small area for this click so this is going to be even slower to bark all items as junk and annyoing

I agree. Its very important for those without ESO+ (which may be why they don't give the interface much attention).

My method is this:

Bags are full. Go to bank, select materials, and fast click deposit everything under the materials tab. My bank is set up to hold materials (if you cant deposit something, that means you have a full stack.. remove the stack and sell it in next step.)

Now you sell and sort. Go into the guild store "sell" tab, and you walk through your inventory. If its something that has real value, you list it for sale. if its junk, you select "mark as junk" (this is where 90% of the time is wasted.)

When you reach the end of your inventory, everything has been "processed". Go to a merchant -> sell, go to your junk tab, and fast-click through everything in your junk list.

This system works great, the only problem is that marking junk is cumbersome and pita. Makes a procedure that should take 30 seconds take five minutes.

If you don't mark as junk when you are selling, then you have to go through the whole inventory again when you are at a merchant, to decide what you want to sell and keep. My method you only have to "think" once. everything else is just fast click deposit or fast click sell.

I don't use dustman because a one-size policy doesn't always work. And its won't save that much time. I still have to walk my inventory and decide what to sell and what to keep.

If there was a one-touch mark as junk, I could empty my bags, save, and sell in a fraction of the time.

Options
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Step 1
    Get FCO Item Saver Addon
    Set up a KeyBind to Junk an Item. It will Remember it as Junk with Its own Icon.

Step 2
    Get Inventory Manager Addon
    Set a Rule to Destroy the Items you have as "Junk" in FCO Item Saver Addon.

Set it and Forget it

Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
    Options
  • belfong
    belfong
    ✭✭
    I love it! Thanks for the FCO Add-On recommendation! I use V to mark as Junk, just like how it was done in Tom Clancy's The Division.
    Options
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why not just turn to any merchant and sell? Sure, you arent making money, but it s one click - Gone.

:#
    Options