The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

It set collections not updating after selling items to merchant

Mr_Arce88
Mr_Arce88
✭✭✭
I've sold couple items (Warrior's Fury body parts) to the merchant (NPC), then reloged into other toon and sold some ornate items from writs. The warrior fury set collection is still empty for me (no known pieces). This happened first time, all previous sold items were is set collection. As warrior fury is not a common set, but comes form AP boxes, this bug hurts... look out, do not sell items before binding it. It is longer, but safer route. PS4 EU.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Arce88 wrote: »
    I've sold couple items (Warrior's Fury body parts) to the merchant (NPC), then reloged into other toon and sold some ornate items from writs. The warrior fury set collection is still empty for me (no known pieces). This happened first time, all previous sold items were is set collection. As warrior fury is not a common set, but comes form AP boxes, this bug hurts... look out, do not sell items before binding it. It is longer, but safer route. PS4 EU.

Were the items pushed out of the list of items you can buy back? That is the trigger for an item to be added to collections and I do not see this mentioned. Of course, I could have missed it.
  • Mr_Arce88
    Mr_Arce88
    ✭✭✭
    Items are pushed out of the buy back list. I sold a lot of ornate items - I know how it works, like stated before it worked in the past. It didn't this time :/
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If item is still on Buy Back tab, it will not add itself to Collections. This is to prevent you from selling, adding to Collection, then buying back and selling to another player, who sells to add to Collection and buys back, who then sells to another player, etc., etc. They do not want a single Inferno Staff of Mother's Sorrow to be passed around and update the Collection Set of every player on megaserver.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Arce88 wrote: »
    Items are pushed out of the buy back list. I sold a lot of ornate items - I know how it works, like stated before it worked in the past. It didn't this time :/

Thank you for adding this clarification. I suggest editing the OP and add it there.

Submit a ticket and Zos may be able to help you out while they also look into the issue (hopefully on both).

Good luck.
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bind them first then sell them. Only bound items reg in set collection.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • _ibexrc
    _ibexrc
    ✭✭
    LarsS wrote: »

Nope, deconstructing or selling them directly should also work once they're out of the Buy Back list. If the latter is not working for OP then it's a bug.
    Edited by _ibexrc on December 27, 2020 11:50PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarsS

While it does not state everything in the patch notes, items to get added to the collection when they are sold to a merchant and are no longer available to buy back, or destroyed via both research or deconstruction.
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _ibexrc wrote: »

Nope, deconstructing or selling them directly should also work once they're out of the Buy Back list. It the latter not working for OP then it's a bug.

May be it should work if you sell it, but there is a special selection to bind an item if you do that, you have the item in your collection thats fine with me.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Mr_Arce88
    Mr_Arce88
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, that is my bad :) It turns out that buy back is not shared between toons (didn't know that, that's intresting) and I was selling stuff from writs on other toons and was checking their history of buy back. I got back on my main toon and the items updated after I sold some other stuff. Either way now I'm paranoid so I'm gonna bind all XD