The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Update all ability and item descriptions to state which damage type they do.

hexentb16_ESO
hexentb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭
It would be super cool if all the items and abilities in the game that do damage stated the type of damage they did in their descriptions.

I don't mean physical, magic, and etc. I mean direct and non-direct damage. If this was included into the descriptions it would really help out some of the newer players when they're making their builds since some item sets depend on whether or not you're doing direct damage. It would also help newer players know which champion points to choose.

And just so no one else needs to say it. Some AOE do direct damage and some non-AOE do indirect damage.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Came here to tell you they did, but then you mentioned direct and indirect and I 100% agree! The game absolutely should tell you the kind of damage things do, especially since in the past the devs have changed the kinds of damage the abilities scaled off of. Having to visit a wiki to get this information can be time consuming and I hate googling more than I have to. :p
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • AinSoph
    AinSoph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh all descriptions really need updating. An example is Domihaus because the buff it gives you is "smart" and the description says, When you deal damage, you create either a ring of fire or ring of molten earth around you for 10 seconds, "or" being the keyword meaning it can either one randomly but it actually isn't. The ESO-Sets website doesn't help either because it just copy-pastes the in-game description and a lot of sets have inner workings that the descriptions don't really explain.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know hos things are worded mean things.

Example, " deals 10k damage over 10 secs" is different than, "deals 1k damage per second for 10 secs"

I dont know exactly which is which but I think the second one is considered direct? But it all gets more confusing because CP buffs attacks you would think it wouldn't.

Absolutely agree with OP.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There should be a nice little colour coded tagging system.