Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I plan on making an all-bow character does anyone have advice?

Elyna
Elyna
✭✭✭✭
As the title says, I plan on making a Bosmer really soon and I would like some advice on what to put my attributes in and what class/skills I should invest in.
  • LIQUID741
    LIQUID741
    ✭✭✭
    Bow skills, and Siphon tree...pick up Assassin's blade and morph it to Impale..great ranged killer. Then go play..I found that I mix and match up my rotation just out or curiosity and boredom of the same rotation. At 15...well, you are on your own if you want to stay strictly bow. I personally am 2hander. But I would like to know how a resto/Bow NB would be....? HMM
    Solid-Nightblade of AD
  • itsmalarky
    I'm thoroughly enjoying Templar (dawn's light)/Archer, with 2h and some healing abilities on weapon swap.
    Broban - Nord Skirmisher, of the Ebonheart Compact
    Murder Inc. | Wabbajack
    RIP
    Malarky | 80 Ranger | Age of Conan
    Markran| RR11 Scout | DAOC, Guinevere
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    I made an Argonian Templar with the idea of making him a "guerilla warfare" type character with Aedric Spear line (love spears). I then realized I needed to utilize stamina-based attacks and decided to try out a bow. He is only lvl 5 but seems like it could be fun.
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
  • nayobug
    nayobug
    Soul Shriven
    I'm loving my templar with a venom arrow/draining shot/vampire bane/binding javelin/breath of life setup currently. The combination of dots, snares, knockback, knockdown and a spot heal seems to be working well, with a roughly even split between magicka and stamina. Currently 28 on that one.

I also have a wee sorcerer archer (10) who focuses on dark magic for control purposes, with a high-damage knockdown and a conical AOE root to supplement knockback and damage/dot from the bow line. I'm still narrowing that build in, but I like the idea of being heavy on crowd control with an archer on paper.

Both are split between light and medium armor, are sucking up magicka and stamina passives, and are splitting attributes between magicka and stamina based on which I feel is more of a choke point each time I have the opportunity to spend. Close to even, erring on the side of magicka.
  • RA187
    RA187
    i would suggest on how and what gameplay you would go for first, since archer might be all offence i would go for siphoning skill tree as that will get you more DPS and healing will be fast
    v16 - Dimitri Veteran Healer - AD - NA
    Guild: Dark-Brotherhood-Dominion
    "Nightblades use Piercing/reapers mark, cant see *** at night time in PvP. i use 'power of the light', no more complain cant see the target's location"
  • Zynster
    Zynster
    Soul Shriven
    I have a Bosmer Nightblade archer and it's working very well so far (only up to 12th). I hardly get touched.

Open with heavy stealth ranged attack, then Poison Arrow, Strife and Scatter shot. If they're still alive to reach melee, finish off with Assassin's Blade and Death Stroke, both of which have animations that look like melee weapons. It's like having a free weapon swap.

My last skill in Shadow Cloak, which I never use. Just there to train the Shadow tree.
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    Templar synergizes very well with the bow, but for a true archer type NB would be the typical answer. It really just depends what kind of archer you want to be, and without more specifics, its hard to say.