Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hunter eye realy need change.

selig_fay
selig_fay
✭✭✭
I'm playing tank now. And OK, stamina recovery is almost useless to me. It's sad, but I can live with it. 2K stamina bonus is very useful to me. But the last skill, I tried to use it. This is completely useless for tanks and healers, but I'm also not sure that it's useful for dps, because while you're rolling, you lose more dps than you get from this perk.

I don't really understand why we don't have a passive associated with Pets. As I recall, in all parts of tes, the Bosmer could control the animals. Maybe we can get a bonus for this?

I mean, can we get 10% speed and 1500 penetration when any pet is active, and a bonus in the form of 1000 stamina and magic restored every 10 seconds when the pet successfully attacks the enemy.
I know that not all classes have Pets, but this is solved with sets. I know that Pets usually occupy 2 slots in the main and back bar, but I think this should be fixed.

Maybe it can have other bonuses. I also think it could be a different mechanic that allows the Bosmer to summon a personal pet, activating all passive skills and sets that are associated with Pets. But I don't see much point in this, because there are fewer such sets and passive ones than there are opportunities to have a pet. Maybe this will change in the future.
This opinion is more of a stylistic improvement. I doubt that it will help the Bosmer to become a top dps, tank and support, but I think that it can give some QoL.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its great for PvP, extra damage and speed after dodging damage.
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That passive actually makes Bosmer a BiS race for stamblades
  • selig_fay
    selig_fay
    ✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »

It's useful in some pvp situations, but I don't think it is very useful in pvp to actually ignore all the pve issues.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, OP, it’s a terrible passive! Even in PvP it only serves to alert stealthed enemies to your presence! I don’t see the logic of attaching penetration to dodge rolling either.

Bosmer should be STEALTHY and not poison resistant nor fall resistant (although I admit I’ve found the latter useful!) and a perk dealing with animals would be great, although I imagine it might be difficult to implement and balance.
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    caperb wrote: »

How does it make that race BiS compared to Orc, Redguard, Cat, Imperial and Dunmer?
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #Fix Bosmer 2021!
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The hunter's eye 'passive' (which mostly isn't passive at all, since it requires a roll-dodge to fire) is hot garbage. The stealth detection crap has absolutely 0% applicability outside of PVP, and even in PVP it is so trivial a distance that it really isn't even of much value there. There's a reason why the sets with that set bonus are decon trash sets -- it's a completely useless bonus. The roll dodge bonus to speed is kind of ok, but the bonus to penetration is just absurd and once again really only of any value in PVP.

The real problem is that the whole passive is based on a complete lack of understanding of what Bosmer are in the lore. They are traditionally the masters of stealth and archery. Khajiit are the masters of acrobatics and hand-to-hand combat. The roll dodge bonus is an acrobatic feat; Bosmer should not have that. Hunter's Eye should be about seeing the most advantageous parts of the terrain to make a stealthy approach, and then find the weakest part of the target to strike: so a +3m bonus to hiding and +2000 to penetration with a bow or something like that.

edit to correct: corrected what the khajiit are masters of.
    Edited by Cundu_Ertur on December 24, 2020 10:41PM
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scardan wrote: »
    caperb wrote: »

How does it make that race BiS compared to Orc, Redguard, Cat, Imperial and Dunmer?

Easy for redguard, bosmer are tankier, have more overall sustain and more damage. Who in the right mind would choose redguard other than rp or a challenge? Though Orc and dunmer have 258 extra weapon damage and can affect heals, the 1500 pen may be better for damage depending on armor though you may overall have a point with these 2 races. the 10% movement speed can mean the choice of a different mundus or less swift jewerly. As for imperial, they have mag skill cost reduction/sustain and the highest health in the game, so you can make a case for either race. Khajiit has the stealth and crit damage boni along with mag and mag regen, so a toss up between bosmer and khajiit too.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    selig_fay wrote: »

It's useful in some pvp situations, but I don't think it is very useful in pvp to actually ignore all the pve issues.

So go Orc, Dark Elf or Khajiit?

Orc are BiS with 2000 Stamina and 258 Weapon Damage, Dark Elf close second with 1875 Stamina and 258 Weapon Damage, Khajiit have 10% crit damage or something which is better than nothing.

You can still use Bosmer in PvE, hell I do on my main and I can still pull over 90k DPS on a dummy.
  • selig_fay
    selig_fay
    ✭✭✭
    selig_fay wrote: »

You can still use Bosmer in PvE, hell I do on my main and I can still pull over 90k DPS on a dummy.

All simple. You can still pull over 90k DPS. Im not interested in dps as role. Im interested in tank or support. And i like bosmer as race (The most beautiful elf for me.). Yes, rase cant be efficency in all thing, but to me, only 2k stamina is good for tank, and litterary nothing good for healer. (Yes, stam regen, good for heal, more rolls, but you know). It turns out that the Bosmer is only effective for stam dps in very specific builds.
    Well, a very philosophical question, which is better, 2K stamina or 10% stamina, 258 stamina regeneration or 9%. And you know that Redgard is another way of sustain.
    I don't think Bosmer is the best for sustain. But again, when you hold a block, stamina regen becomes useless. This is why I added an extra sustain to hunters eye. Bosmer if the Bosmer really will provide more sustain, which is useful not only for the dps stamina, it may be more good.

But, as I wrote at the bottom, this is my stylistic discusion. In almost everything TES, Bosmer knew how to control animals and it was useless. But here it would be possible to build a whole mechanic on this interaction, but we have a roll, and it more useless.

And Yes, it would be cool to have something like "you always regenerate your resources", but it would be such an OP, especially with a vampire. But it's just a thought.
    Edited by selig_fay on December 25, 2020 1:34PM