Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should Pledge Quests Only Require Final Boss Kill?

VoidCommander
VoidCommander
✭✭✭✭✭
This is a feature that is seen in almost every DLC dungeon pledge, but hasn't been reworked for older dungeons. This leaves the problem of groups who have someone leave half-way through being unable to get a replacement, since every replacement needs all the pledge bosses from the beginning, not the middle.

Should Pledge Quests Only Require Final Boss Kill? 59 votes

Only Final Boss Should Need to be Killed to Receive Full Credit for Pledge
72%
SuddwrathDarcyMardinzariamanny254VoidCommanderNettleCarrierDagoth_RacFariahniLord_HevBlkadrZer0_CooLAliyavanaDankstaDojohodaxRichh94montiferusKatheriahSshadowSscalerenneEl_Borracho 43 votes
The Stated Pledge Bosses Need to be Killed as it is Now
6%
nekritb16_ESOsusmitdsWhite wabbitLum1on 4 votes
All Bosses in a Dungeon Should be Included in Pledge Quests
20%
AektannIdinuseLiedekecyclonus11maxetroSanctum74D0RID0RI240TaunkyBisDasBlutGefriertsvendfKaGaOriScardan 12 votes
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ya its stupid, dunno why they haven't fixed it in base game dungeons. But at least less people leave or get kicked from base game ones so replacements dont happen as often as in dlc ones.
    I cant remember when was the last time I saw the blue portal coming into base dungeon.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that pledges and random GF runs, should really only require the final boss but only if Zos can make it so it only happens if we join a group that is already in progress and they have killed the required bosses. Otherwise, it would lead to just running through the dungeon until we get to the final boss. Many dungeon bosses can be skipped.
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @idk A lot of dungeon bosses can already be skipped, such as most of the bosses in Arx Corrinium, Darkshade Caverns I, Crypt of Hearts, Wayrest Sewers I, and more that I can't recall off the top of my head. So either they make all of them required or none of them (well, the final one at least).
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @idk A lot of dungeon bosses can already be skipped, such as most of the bosses in Arx Corrinium, Darkshade Caverns I, Crypt of Hearts, Wayrest Sewers I, and more that I can't recall off the top of my head. So either they make all of them required or none of them (well, the final one at least).

Obviously, which is why I stated the requirements for such a change.

The only real issue is when joining a group in progress and they have already cleared required bosses. Otherwise, it is not an issue having to kill some of the bosses along the way.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't see many people dumping group members to get their friends helmets anymore. So I can't imagine someone would do this for 3-5 geodes.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It sucks when you queue for the pledge and end up leaving because they're on last boss and get the deserter penalty.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    It sucks when you queue for the pledge and end up leaving because they're on last boss and get the deserter penalty.

The times this happens, I typically run it, do the hard mode, then come back on normal and clean up the rest. But it is inconvenient
  • iksde
    iksde
    ✭✭✭✭

all or nothing, Im into it!
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah. Too much Me Myself and I in the game for an MMO IMO. Fine. Make 2 lanes then. "Undaunted Overlord" (lol) lane requiring only last boss and a plain "Undaunted" lane as it is. I take pride and enjoyment in helping players get through content, and I think it's something an MMO is meant to. At the same time I know that after doing a content 563 times, some times I like to team up with equally "jaded" players"and just get it over with. :)
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please make all pledges like the latest dlc ones. It's tiring to enter a dungeon mid way, complete it and then requeue to kill the first bosses.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The times this happens, I typically run it, do the hard mode, then come back on normal and clean up the rest. But it is inconvenient

I never thought to do that tbh
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All bosses, even minor ones, should be required. Stop people from trying to run to the end.
  • RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What a great idea.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What a great idea.

As long as you've beaten the final on Hard Mode, you'll get your 2 keys and geode. The rest of the bosses don't matter, even if you beat the whole thing again on normal.
  • svendf
    svendf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only getting the final boss is the ultmate situation for all runners and skipers lol. Imagine all new players left behind.

Lets get all bosses after all there is a reason, why people leave a group. Yes I leave att once if it´´s a pledge and a boss is down and do some other stuff in between next que up - or simple get one of my other toons and reque, but not same dungeon, that will be a bad move.

If it´s a random there is no problem as you will get credit even if you enter at last boss.
  • iksde
    iksde
    ✭✭✭✭
    svendf wrote: »
    Only getting the final boss is the ultmate situation for all runners and skipers lol. Imagine all new players left behind.

Lets get all bosses after all there is a reason, why people leave a group. Yes I leave att once if it´´s a pledge and a boss is down and do some other stuff in between next que up - or simple get one of my other toons and reque, but not same dungeon, that will be a bad move.

If it´s a random there is no problem as you will get credit even if you enter at last boss.

TBH I wouldn't have problem with need to kill all bosses for pledge
    if when I joing pug from gf and I get into ongoing already progress with few bosses killed and these killed would count for current activity in this group so I wont be forced to find another group just to kill 1st bosses if I will make this dung with 1st group

currently it is very annyoing when you get into pledge dung into group which already killed atleast 1st boss for pledge...int hat case if I dont want to waste my time I can jsut leave this group and search for another or jsut finish it, search for another and get into missing boss with another and again leave as I got no point running further and have no willings for this
  • svendf
    svendf
    ✭✭✭✭
    iksde wrote: »

if when I joing pug from gf and I get into ongoing already progress with few bosses killed and these killed would count for current activity in this group so I wont be forced to find another group just to kill 1st bosses if I will make this dung with 1st group

currently it is very annyoing when you get into pledge dung into group which already killed atleast 1st boss for pledge...int hat case if I dont want to waste my time I can jsut leave this group and search for another or jsut finish it, search for another and get into missing boss with another and again leave as I got no point running further and have no willings for this

I agree on your view regarding a run in progress and getting credit for bosses already down. Much better than only last boss kill.
    Edited by svendf on December 24, 2020 10:45PM
  • iksde
    iksde
    ✭✭✭✭
    iksde wrote: »

I agree on your view regarding a run in progress and getting credit for bosses already down. Much better than only last boss kill.

for me it is whatever if need to kill only last boss or all if we wont have problem as we have which I stated so thats why I voted for to kill only final boss at current state how it works

if joing into group with ongoing progress wont be such problem as it is now I would be perfectly fine for need to kill all bosses
    even in dlc's but I think there it should be as optional for side bosses with additional reward for this as welp..dlc dungs which are not that easy, not that easy especially without dps to burn mechanics than basic
  • Lum1on
    Lum1on
    ✭✭✭
    The Stated Pledge Bosses Need to be Killed as it is Now
    When you go to a dungeon as a group for the first time and have the pledge quest, for those who don't have it (forgot to pick it up, for example) should have a prompt that "hey, forgot this?" (like in trials when you teleport in and someone has already picked up the quest). Now, of course there should be a check that: a) the player is capable of having that pledge quest, and b) they haven't done it already today with that character, and c) all the other checks I may not remember.

If someone leaves/is kicked after, let's say, 3rd boss, the three of you remaining have the progress on the pledge quest. Now you find the replacement and the minute the port in (doesn't matter do they have the pledge, as long as they meet the criteria for getting it), there should be a prompt (or even be automatic) to update the quest progression to be the same than the others.

Or if you're in a group in the same instance and one of the players complete a pledge quest, all of those in that group who has the pledge should be rewarded with automatic completion (if it's not completed as well). Shouldn't be that hard.
    PC EU: @Lum1on