The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Prices and capabilities for crownstore guests in home

Inaya1
Inaya1
✭✭✭
Probably it will be interesting to many too.
I don't understand why guests in the house are so expensive. From 500 crown (the most boring) to 2500 (which just have a little more lines of dialogue than usual).

That's a really big price to pay for being just a regular guest. Moreover, the models and animations of these guests were already in the game in open world. Their price should not be higher than 500 crowns per guest considering their capabilities.

It is impossible to dress them up in other outfits, make them do something, and even more so they themselves do not make special animations or effects, so their price should be less. Well, seriously, why does a guest-alfik cost as much as a DLC markarth? WTF?
  • No_Lollygaggin
    The pricing on these houseguests is outrageous. There is no logic to the drastic increase. I was shocked at 1500 crowns for a guest that only talks and does nothing else. You can't even make them sit or lie down or emote.

Then they release a 2500 crown guest?! Who is in charge of the Crown Store pricing? That is an egregious cash grab especially with the current housing furnishing limits in place with no plans to increase and the lack of functionality.

I don't want to come on forum just to complain but the crown store pricing is getting more and more out of whack. Housing is one of my favorite things to do in game and this rubs me the wrong way so badly.
    Edited by No_Lollygaggin on December 21, 2020 9:35PM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The profit department, or whoever sets Crown Store prices, is literally insane. :hushed: 2500 Crowns each???
    For the price of 2 house guests, we can buy a whole 600-slot house and still have 800 Crowns left over.

Or, buy an actual Merchant or Banker that are useful ingame too, and aren't just a talking doll that we can't even use in most of our houses because there aren't enough slots for Special Collectibles, when the same category contains more useful additions like the banker and the merchant which provide functionality too...

The House Guest system was already doomed to failure, as there are painfully few slots for Special Collectibles in most houses, and since they compete with other collectibles we already have there. So we won't be able to use House Guests in most of our houses. And with these insane prices, there isn't even any incentive to treat them as unique furniture and buy some for different houses individually, because these prices are nuts - 800 for the basic ones, 1500 for the voiced ones, and 2500 for the named voiced ones? Lol.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, you have to compare the price to other complex furnishings, since that is essentially what they are, such as the Regal Alinor Fountain that costs 2k Crowns. Expensive, yes, but I’m just glad when things I like aren’t locked behind Crown crates!

I really hope ZOS will add emote options to pathing! It would also be nice if there were different slot configurations for housing — a trade-off between guest capacity and special collectibles, for instance.
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the three assistants and all the houseguests released so far, I already have to put back a few because I can't have them out in my HUGE cavern with max slots... The 10 slot limit HAS to change and is long overdue with the introduction of houseguests...
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, you have to compare the price to other complex furnishings, since that is essentially what they are, such as the Regal Alinor Fountain that costs 2k Crowns. Expensive, yes, but I’m just glad when things I like aren’t locked behind Crown crates!
    Well, Fountains (and the standalone Crown Store Statues) are another outrageous example of over-priced items, so I'm not sure it's a good defense that 'other stuff is overpriced too, so that's why these are too!'

We know it's fully possible to create those same items for less, as there are Houseguests for 800-1500, and fountains for 900-1000, and even craftable ones, or ones you can buy for gold (including a waterfall for example). The entire Markarth DLC costs 2000 Crowns, and you can walk up to a vendor and buy several unique furnishings, some of them with effects, and the new Antiquity furnishing also has a light effect. Luxury furniture are regularly complex and have unique animations or effects, and those are sold ingame for gold to every player.

So when we see individual items costing a lot more than others of similar complexity, or see price-hikes like these House Guests going from 800 to 1500 to 2500, it's fully justified I think to point out that those prices are outlandish and out of touch with the playerbase. As usual, ZOS would make more money if they sold it to more people for less, than for a minuscule number of people for those high prices. :confused:
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Well, Fountains (and the standalone Crown Store Statues) are another outrageous example of over-priced items, so I'm not sure it's a good defense that 'other stuff is overpriced too, so that's why these are too!'

We know it's fully possible to create those same items for less, as there are Houseguests for 800-1500, and fountains for 900-1000, and even craftable ones, or ones you can buy for gold (including a waterfall for example). The entire Markarth DLC costs 2000 Crowns, and you can walk up to a vendor and buy several unique furnishings, some of them with effects, and the new Antiquity furnishing also has a light effect. Luxury furniture are regularly complex and have unique animations or effects, and those are sold ingame for gold to every player.

So when we see individual items costing a lot more than others of similar complexity, or see price-hikes like these House Guests going from 800 to 1500 to 2500, it's fully justified I think to point out that those prices are outlandish and out of touch with the playerbase. As usual, ZOS would make more money if they sold it to more people for less, than for a minuscule number of people for those high prices. :confused:

Well, I don’t mean it as a defense so much as to say that it isn’t unprecedented. I wish that all those things cost less too, but like I said, at this point, I’m glad they’re not locked behind Crown crates. :confused:

Of course you’re also right that there are some excellent furnishings available in game, especially many of the antiquity furnishings and sometimes the luxury furnishings (some are gorgeous while some are bafflingly low-res IMHO).

Anyway, I don’t disagree with you, only that I am not surprised. I don’t know about me or the game when I am not only pleased for items available in-game, but even for the option to buy things directly for $$$! :sweat_smile:

I do hope that Houseguests will be ungraded with additional options (emotes please!) even as assistants and pets have been with pathing!