The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Add-on Request/Suggestion

SimonBelmont
SimonBelmont
✭✭✭
I really wish there were an add-on that changed the standard Deconstruction Tab's format to function exactly as the Research Tab does, with the only exception being that one could select multiple items.

So, instead of clicking/keying to confirm that the selected piece of equipment be consumed in the research effort, one would be clicking/keying to confirm the deconstruction of the selected item(s).

For those attempting to retain at least one piece of each equipment slot/type, witch bears a given trait, for future research - while deconstructing the surplus items of that same slot/type, bearing that same trait - this would be very convenient and user-friendly. Not to mention, it would be consistent with what players are already familiar with (IE: the Research Tab).

If I knew how to write an add-on for ESO, I would certainly do this myself. But, given my lack of knowledge in this area, I am forced to ask/suggest this of/to others.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. If I have not been clear on any point, please don't hesitate to ask for further elaboration. :)
Edited by SimonBelmont on August 8, 2020 10:06AM
  • WARchief10K
    WARchief10K
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah this would be kinda cool.
    Cyrodiil crafting recipe: Cyrodiil 2014 + some siege + a hammer = Cyrodiil 2020
  • SimonBelmont
    SimonBelmont
    ✭✭✭
    I installed the add-on which adds a search field to inventory and crafting menus, but it cannot search the entirety of an items tool-tip. So, I still can't search based on armor type/slot, or based on traits. The search add-on pretty much only looks at item titles. Near worthless, in other words...
  • SimonBelmont
    SimonBelmont
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like maybe I'm the only one who has an issue with how unhelpful the current Deconstruction tab is..? But it really could not be less helpful, short of not even bothering to indicate which items/traits you've yet to research.

The hassle is all the duplicate items sitting in queue, waiting to be researched. Of course I don't mean "duplicate" literally. But they often share the same type/slot & trait. So, for the purposes of deconstruction, they are effectively duplicates. And the current Deconstruction Tab has no features to help you manage this!

This wastes a TON of storage space! And I'm sure this Deconstruction Tab is unhelpful on purpose, in the hopes of maybe bolstering crown-bought storage sales...or something. x_X

If you've looong-since finished all your profession research, I'm sure an add-on like this could seem wholly un-neccessary... But to a newer player, or maybe even a veteran player who's just new to the profession-research-slog, this would be a HUGE asset!

Meanwhile, if anyone has any suggestions in regard to inventory management (relative to the research-slog), I'd love to hear them.
    Edited by SimonBelmont on August 23, 2020 7:06AM
  • SimonBelmont
    SimonBelmont
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently there is already an add-on which helps with the very issue I'm struggling with.

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info111-ResearchAssistant.html
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and there exist other addons like FCOItemSaver which are able to mark your items in the inventory with the research icon so they do not get deconstructed by accident. As well as other addons helping with Research and other needs, like CraftStore.
    FCOItemSaver is able to automatically mark your researchable items, based on your ResearchAssistant or CraftSTore settings e.g.

FCO CraftFilter to show only banked/Only inventory/both, or only CraftBag (at refineent panel) items.

Edited by Baertram on December 21, 2020 2:44AM