Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Real Talk: WHERE ARE THE MULTI-PERSON MOUNTS!?

VoidCommander
VoidCommander
✭✭✭✭✭
The multi-person mount was teased in the PTS TWO UPDATES AGO. I had assumed it would come out as some crown store exclusive sometime after Greymoor launched, but it is no where to be seen. I know I have had certain "pay to win" concerns about it, but I certainly would not expect that to have stopped the developers at Zenimax from releasing it. It would make skyshard farming with my wife a far more pleasant experience, and we have both been waiting, for MONTHS. Is this mount ever going to be released? I was under the impression it performed very successfully on the PTS.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    IIRC, there was a pretty decent bug on PTS that caused the rider to completely lose control of the character. I think if something got d/c'd, then the rider ended up getting completely locked out of their account, but I don't remember specifics.

With how much they did play that up, I assume it's because of a major bug like that that it hasn't released yet.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah the riders were getting banned, probably because anticheat system thought they were position hacking.

Edit: the discussion-
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/546514/multi-rider-mount-as-a-passenger-makes-your-character-get-locked-banned
    Edited by driosketch on December 12, 2020 7:10PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh that's quite a mess!

Was looking forward to the 2 Seater Spider (and the "Fancy" version that was datamined), but that's a real bad bug that they seemingly haven't fixed in almost 3 months...
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    Oh that's quite a mess!

Was looking forward to the 2 Seater Spider (and the "Fancy" version that was datamined), but that's a real bad bug that they seemingly haven't fixed in almost 3 months...

*6 months and counting
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IDK anything about coding or w/e but have you ever hit a lag spike that caused your character to rubber band from one place to another? What if there is a discrepancy in 2 players FPS and system performance and the passenger or driver rubber bands, what happens to the other? Do they go with them or do they fall off when it happens?

The only other game I played that allowed this type of interaction was Perfect World like over a decade ago where some characters could fly with wings and pick other people up and a beast race could shapeshift into a tiger and friends could ride their backs. It was pretty dope. I just wonder how difficult it is to implement something like that. The engine or gaming system they used to build ESO is obviously very different but, like I said, that was over 10 years ago so idk what the problem is... Maybe they need to seek some outside assistance to help them with this unless they've already scrapped it completely.
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IIRC, there was a pretty decent bug on PTS that caused the rider to completely lose control of the character. I think if something got d/c'd, then the rider ended up getting completely locked out of their account, but I don't remember specifics.

With how much they did play that up, I assume it's because of a major bug like that that it hasn't released yet.

They need to make mounts like they do Siege Rams. So it allows 2 characters in a certain position. Problem solved, maybe. If the person riding on another mount doesn't, for whatever reason, get "hitched" on to the ride if they cannot position themselves in the "neutral coordinates" of the passenger location...then it should just deny them, not kick people out of their accounts.

How the hek a person gets kicked out of their account for simply getting on a mount...I'd love to see that coding mess.
    Edited by EmEm_Oh on December 20, 2020 6:17PM
  • AlienMagi
    AlienMagi
    ✭✭✭
    I've been wondering about this too. Waiting for the mount ever since they first showed it.

The game actually still has a prompt to mount another player's mount but it just doesnt work on anything.
    Edited by AlienMagi on December 20, 2020 6:24PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was looking forward to that mountm it seemed like a lot of fun :disappointed:
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To think, they changed rapids placement in prep. All those dollars lost.
  • Wolf81
    Wolf81
    ✭✭✭
    I know you want to ZoS you can do it...bring out the Netch mounts!
    B9i0G9K.jpg
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they are able to get the code to work. I love my two and three person mounts in WoW. I was really looking forward to getting the 2 person mount in ESO.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SWG added them back in like 2006 and it was pretty nice to ferry your newbie friends around.
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos really missed the mark on this one. Prepped us all by making rapids harder to get without delivering all of their crown store alternatives. At least they made the alliance war skill line available for purchase, for those who choose to buy it.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like a 12 person battle wagon for cyrodiil, so we can pour out of it at the destination like a clown car.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    Yeah the riders were getting banned, probably because anticheat system thought they were position hacking.

Edit: the discussion-
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/546514/multi-rider-mount-as-a-passenger-makes-your-character-get-locked-banned

Oooooh boy. As bugs go that's major league. Glad they decided to not release that into the game.

Kartalin wrote: »
    I would like a 12 person battle wagon for cyrodiil, so we can pour out of it at the destination like a clown car.

I love how you think. I'd definitely buy that.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theyre chilling with the improved server performance
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like a 12 person battle wagon for cyrodill, so we can pour out of it at the destination like a clown car.

I like that idea.
    as part time pvp player my self, it sounds quite fun as a mount option, and it would fit in well in cyrodill.
    it could carry twelve passengers, with the owner being the driver with two horses pulling it.
    preferably a achievment based reward as well, as to not cause it to become pay to win
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soon 🤪
    PC-NA
  • Josira
    Josira
    ✭✭✭✭

Omg yes...I want a litteral clown car
    Or..clown cart? Something comically small with one visible rider,and an implied interior that houses 6-12 people,and the jumping on the spot/rearing up animation being a silly noise of some kind.
    Dear god I need this. I need to see PvP groups rolling up in this as the go to attack an outpost.
    "BlooD FReNZy TicKS aLL thE BoXes of WhaT iT mEanS tO bE a VaMpiRe"