Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to I get rid of these quest markers?!?

Kwoung
Kwoung
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
This has been driving me crazy, it makes travel a complete PITA. How do I turn off these stupid quest markers that are covering wayshrines on my map? Yes I know, delete/complete all my quests and never take another... not an option. So how do I toggle off these annoying icons?

unknown.png
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Console or PC?

I know of no way on console.

But why not just change the quest to are tracking. And yeah why not kill the quests till you are ready to do then and pick back up
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish there was a way to not have an active quest even if you have quests in your log.

Mine always defaults to one of the fetch quests in Cyrodiil the moment i finish an active quest.
    headbang.gif

• Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Console or PC?

I know of no way on console.

But why not just change the quest to are tracking. And yeah why not kill the quests till you are ready to do then and pick back up

PC and if I kill the quests, then I have 5 more people running up to me telling me how dire they need my help or have been looking for me, another just as annoying issue.

I literally only have 5 quests in my journal, NONE of which are in the zone I screenshot above, so why is that stupid icon even there? Is it telling me to go to a zone in which I have no quests, so when I arrive it can tell me to go to some other zone in which I have no quests? This is literally the stupidest thing ever and driving me nuts.

The fact that it choses to drop this quest icon marker over the one wayshrine I actually want to travel to each time and keep me from simply clicking it, well that is actually quite amazing. Its like the game is reading my mind and going out of it's way to tick me off.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So here is when I mouse over the wayshrine, that I simply want to one click and travel too I get all this useless info, because none of it is pertinent to that zone or anything I happen to be doing:
    unknown.png

Then I left click and presented with yet another menu, instead of simply travelling like I want too:
    NOTE: If I wanted to focus a quest, I would be in my journal, not my travel map!!! Is the game expecting me to change my mind every time I travel?!?
    unknown.png

And this is the best part, because if you don't move your mouse exactly right, the menu to travel is actually covered by the useless info screen, further blocking me from simply travelling!
    unknown.png

Edited by Kwoung on December 19, 2020 6:59PM
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zoom in and clicking the edge of the shine has been working well here.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DigiAngel wrote: »
    Zoom in and clicking the edge of the shine has been working well here.

I am kind of hoping for something more along the lines of a game option or addon to make them go away, or at the very least put the wayshrine on top of the other markers so it can be clicked. I shouldn't have to "zoom in" every time, taking extra steps, adding frustration and even more frustration when I do zoom in and still miss clicking it right. This festival with all the hoping around wayshrines, has really brought this to a head for me.

Honestly, the regular quest marker on my map for the quest I have focused is all I ever want to see, and possibly an option to turn on non-focused quest markers. With super rare exception, those would never be sitting on top of a wayshrine blocking travel.

• Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only way I know is to not take them and tune out the NPCs, or to take them and finish them.
    PC NA
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    Only way I know is to not take them and tune out the NPCs, or to take them and finish them.

Yeah, I did that. Now I need an addon to silence the damn quest giver NPC's swarming me every time I travel to a city. Its a no-win situation. :(
  • RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does quest map have an option to turn off all markers? Just leave on compass,?
  • Technica
    Technica
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know of any addon for PC that would turn the non-active quest markers off 🤔

Only way I guess is to go and complete them unfortunately...

I'm at a stage now where I've completed everything - so all I pick up are repeatables. A clear quest journal actually feels pretty good. My hero can have a bit of a break from saving the world 😛
    You will know me by my eye. | Adventuring since beta | PC EU | ESO+ | I recommend this reshade (Example Screenshots)
  • Myrnhiel
    Myrnhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might want to try the AddOn "PinKiller" - it has several possibilities to disable the quest markers in the game.

I don't know if it has the one you seek especially, as I have all the markers turned off completely in the game (I only disable the active one on the map if I am stuck in a quest and cannot find out on my own where to go next) - but as it can also disable the markers on the map, there might be a possibility for you.

Edited by Myrnhiel on January 8, 2021 8:45PM
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am curious. How the heck did you get quest markers on the wayshrines? All my quest markers for other zones point either to a land route exit or a navigator depending upon where I am at. I have never seen a quest marker on a wayshrine itself.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is a quest marker like this at the Dro-Dara Plantation Wayshrine in Stormhaven. It is from the Horse that is standing next to it. I have done ALL of the quests related to that horse long ago. None of the quests inside the maker are related to the horse.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Technica
    Technica
    ✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    There is a quest marker like this at the Dro-Dara Plantation Wayshrine in Stormhaven. It is from the Horse that is standing next to it. I have done ALL of the quests related to that horse long ago. None of the quests inside the maker are related to the horse.

Yh but for some reason if you have a quest somewhere else it will try and take you all around the houses through these warps. Just like if you were to have a quest in Eastmarch when you're standing in Riften, it will probably give you a quest marker on the border.
    I used to have markers on almost all of these horse/cart warps to take me there. Even boats.
    Edited by Technica on January 12, 2021 11:22AM
    You will know me by my eye. | Adventuring since beta | PC EU | ESO+ | I recommend this reshade (Example Screenshots)
  • SeekerAssassin
    turn the background sound down so you don't have to listen to the npc's. or and hears a real kicker actually finish the dlc quests/zones so that this wont be an issue.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    turn the background sound down so you don't have to listen to the npc's. or and hears a real kicker actually finish the dlc quests/zones so that this wont be an issue.

Not helpful, too many mechanics in this game REQUIRE you hear what the mobs say and it is the dialog volume setting, not background sounds FYI. I also have no interest in finishing every quest in the game on chars 5-11, the first 4 were plenty enough.
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »

Yeah, I did that. Now I need an addon to silence the damn quest giver NPC's swarming me every time I travel to a city. Its a no-win situation. :(

Correct, it is, however with your Main character (probably not Alts) you can and should do ALL Zone Quests for the lore knowledge, for the Skill Points and to stop the STALKER NPCs for harassing you. :smiley:

I finished all the Zone Quests and the Main Quest (Coldharbour) and Cadwell's Silver and Gold Quests and FINALLY I have found PEACE! :smiley:

However, I have two hard-working Alts who are still harassed mercilessly. *cry*

:(
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »

Correct, it is, however with your Main character (probably not Alts) you can and should do ALL Zone Quests for the lore knowledge, for the Skill Points and to stop the STALKER NPCs for harassing you. :smiley:

I finished all the Zone Quests and the Main Quest (Coldharbour) and Cadwell's Silver and Gold Quests and FINALLY I have found PEACE! :smiley:

However, I have two hard-working Alts who are still harassed mercilessly. *cry*

:(

Yes, this is on alts, many of which I play for one reason or another quite frequently. I have completed the main quest lines, skyshards, etc... on many of my characters. But on the ones I haven't and never plan too... ugh. The only reason I took the quests, was to shut the NPC's up, so now some wayshrines got covered up and can't be clicked unless I zoom the map way in so I can click a corner of it. It is a stupid system.
    Edited by Kwoung on January 16, 2021 5:18PM