The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No loot in Cryptwatch Fort

SteveyP777
Hi all,

When I first found Cryptwatch Fort I was delighted because it was ram packed full of provisioning loot.

I looted everything and came back a couple of times and got LOADS

But now I came to it with a friend and they are getting loads, but I'm getting absolutely NOTHING! We're talking well over 100 possibly as many as 150 barrels, crates and sacks and absolutely ZERO from any of them except for nodes (heavy sacks) which still operate as usual.

Is this a bug? Or is it basically a case of they won't allow you to loot abundantly too often i.e. limited number of times you can grind a delve for mats?

Cheers,

S.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a timing mechanic to looting where you will be locked out of drops after a while. It will reset eventually.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • SteveyP777
    @tmbrinks - any chance you know what that mechanic is? Is it longer than around 5-6 hours game time since that's how long it's been since I was in that delve (i.e. 5-6 hours over 2-3 days)
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not know the exact cooldown. I just know I've experienced it when farming urns and such looking for furnishing patterns in other delves/public dungeons
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SteveyP777 wrote: »
    @tmbrinks - any chance you know what that mechanic is? Is it longer than around 5-6 hours game time since that's how long it's been since I was in that delve (i.e. 5-6 hours over 2-3 days)

It shouldn't be that long.

Were you, by any chance, looting stuff in another place (delve/PD) just prior to going there? In my experience, if you loot an area and then go to another to farm some more, the second place will only show empty containers for you.
  • SteveyP777
    @KMarble That must be it - I wondered if it had something to do with being grouped as I was with someone else and they were finding everything. But to my knowledge things like crates, barrels and sacks are shared, unlike the usual nodes (heavy sacks, treasure chests, crafting nodes).

I will watch out to see if it keeps happening and see whether it could have to do with if I've only just looted a delve elsewhere. Worst comes to the worst I'll log a ticket but hopefully won't come to that.

Thanks for your input.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SteveyP777 , you're welcome.

Being in a group should not affect your ability to loot containers. Having recently looted another area does, though. I remember one time when I was farming containers in a certain area and then joined friends to run a dungeon. Every single container in that dungeon was empty for me.

The first time I noticed that there was a cool down on containers was when I was doing content in Vvardenfell. Even though I was walking from place to place, I found out that if I looted from one tomb, the next delve/PD/tomb I entered would only have empty containers.
  • SteveyP777
    @KMarble that's useful to know - thank you